Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Why should you subscribe?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should you subscribe?

"Hey, Trailboss" I hear you say "Why should I support RWI by subscribing?"
    Well, I'll tell you. Firstly and most importantly from our POV is the fact that we need the funds to keep RWI up and running. RWI uses a pair of dedicated servers, a cloud account, lots of expensive software, tons of bandwidth and due to our propensity for being DDoS'd on an almost daily basis a dedicated hardware firewall. All this costs money, a lot of money. Yes we do carry some advertising but its minimal and without the funds from membership subscriptions we wouldn't be able to keep the doors open so if you want your RWI we need subscribers. Remember Trusted Dealers don't pay a fee to be here* like at some fora. This prevents a conflict of interest on our part when it comes to resolving disputes so these are the only lines of income we have.

"So TB apart from that what's in it for me?" you ask and fair enough too. Well you get the below:
    • A nice shiny new badge below your name telling the world you support your favourite forum
    • Access to the members area and members only sales from both dealer and M2M sections
    • Lots more free giveaways on our birthday as we support those who support us
    • Unlimited sales in the M2M sales area
    • The right to place a high value sale (after clearing it with a mod)
    • The ability to change the tag line under your nick to whatever you like
    • Cred with the dealers who will often give subscribers access to better deals, different payment methods and first preference on limited releases
    • The trust of your fellow members - You have demonstrated a commitment to RWI - Often members will sell to a supporter in favour of a normal member
    • Our eternal gratitude - hey, that's gotta be worth something, right?

There's more coming down the pipe for our faithful supporters, so keep checking back.

So as you can see there are many reasons to donate a lousy 35 bucks a year to help keep the doors open. That's around one tenth the price of the average rep so if you can afford this hobby you can afford to help keep your favourite forum up and running.

If you're still not convinced, check out the canonical benefit list here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/hel...rter_benefits/

To Subscribe and become a Supporting Member drop me a PM today! You can do so

New Supporter's Level!

Due to requests from several members for a higher level of supporter we have introduced Patron which involves a donation of $100 a year or 70 to upgrade from Supporter. Please PM Trailboss for upgrade instructions.

*Supporting Vendors pay a small fee (around $30 a month) to advertise

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

[COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]"The trust of your fellow members - You have demonstrated a commitment to RWI - Often members will sell to a supporter in favour of a normal member."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(191, 191, 191)]^^ This, possibly the most important point (apart from that lovely gold badge, obviously). [/COLOR]
    Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

Agreed! Become a Supporter!

Comment

Don't forget "The Secret Handshake"
        [/URL

Comment

Well said!! Supporting is well worth it!

And honestly guys - it's certainly NOT expensive either!!
          Everyone here can afford to spare a little bit to support this great site!

Comment

Supporters get all the chicks.
            Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
            I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker, post: 3235838, member: 0
              Supporters get all the chicks.
              Good! I just made my renewal today

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Comment

Listen to the Wisest One:

In plain English: Stop being a cheapskate. Chip in to pay the bills!
                MY COLLECTION: https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...5#post-3450772

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Comment

Just did it!

Comment

It's worth it guys! It keeps the forum running and advertising minimal compared to other forums! The advice and guidance available here is worth so much more than the subscription fees.

LLRCLC

Comment

If nothing else, do it for the extra mailbox space - definitely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                      APP ROO: Blue Batons, White Themes, GPFC, GPRG, RB2 Plat, RB2 Ti, White & Blue Montoya, Trulli, Buemi, Schumi, LBJ, RG PO Mexico, Don Ramon, White & Brown Safari, Auto Tour 2010 & 2012, Ceramic, Ginza, Panda, Navy, Survivor, Volcano, RGRC PAM: 569, 508, 364, 382 Bronzo, Egiziano, 425, 187, IWC: ZF Chrono, Big Pilot PP, Portugieser, Rolex: Daytona Blue Arab, Plat, 2016 Ceramic + most Subs and GMTs

Comment

I would feel guilty using all the information on this site without being a supporter. RWI saved me a lot of money. The cost of all the watches I bought as the result of being a supportng member doesn't count.

Comment

Because this is the best watch forum

Comment

Originally posted by tkingjr, post: 3236147, member: 0
                            I would feel guilty using all the information on this site without being a supporter. RWI saved me a lot of money. The cost of all the watches I bought as the result of being a supportng member doesn't count.

Exactly! Knowledge is power!

Plus, if you're lucky you might get an invite to the Staff lounge----

Comment

I was just going to PM a member to buy a watch for $350 asking price but I noticed he is not a supporter. I can't bring myself to hit the send button so I will order the watch from Lucy and pay a little more, wait a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X