This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocHolliday, post: 2895680
    The problem with different levels of supporting membership is that it would create the same problem we had month ago. "VIP Members" felt since they had a VIP tag it gave them special privileges. They thought they could say whatever want to whomever they want. Which really doesn't bring us together as a community at all. If anything, I feel it would alienate new members, and bring our supporting group down. I could see it now.

"JOHNDILLWEED: I'm a level 9 supporter I know what I'm talking about! @modguy, look at this guy?!"

"JOEDILLWEED: I'm a level 2 Supporter, I've been here X amount of years! SHUT UP! @modguy, he's being a big bully head"
    Well, the only thing I can think of right now and I think I allready read it siomewhere is donate a small porcentage of every sale, or maybe lets say just usd5 per sold watch, its nothing for everyone here, and to make it even more fair this would aply for watches of usd150 and more, seeing the massive amount of watches traded here the problem could be solved inmediatley, I know the money issue is very sensitive and want to be handled with exrtreme caution, so it could be introduced very soft with a nice banner explaining why, even it could stop aply for people who is not profitering and its just selling a lot of watches avoiding them to feel they are being "ripped of", I dont know, maybe it has been allready aplied and didnt work, havent been here too long.
    OBSESSED WITH LUGS AND SOLID END LINKS...

MY COLLECTION UNTIL 10-26-2016 TRADED FOR A TUDOR PRINCE DATE CHRONOGRAPH: https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sh...13#post3053713

Comment

I mean, come on, members should reconsider this, this place its of an enormous value, it gave me the chance to acced to the world of watches, I so gartefull even buying only one watch thanks to this forum, I was beeing ripped of in my own country for canal street quartz watches and if ever appeared some really good stuf you should sell the half of your car to buy it, so members just HAVE to apreciate that TRUSTED DEALERS list, the first time I saw it I thought it must be a joke or a scam, I couldnt believe it was true...

MY COLLECTION UNTIL 10-26-2016 TRADED FOR A TUDOR PRINCE DATE CHRONOGRAPH: https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sh...13#post3053713

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday, post: 2895680
        The problem with different levels of supporting membership is that it would create the same problem we had month ago. "VIP Members" felt since they had a VIP tag it gave them special privileges. They thought they could say whatever want to whomever they want. Which really doesn't bring us together as a community at all. If anything, I feel it would alienate new members, and bring our supporting group down. I could see it now.

"JOHNDILLWEED: I'm a level 9 supporter I know what I'm talking about! @modguy, look at this guy?!"

"JOEDILLWEED: I'm a level 2 Supporter, I've been here X amount of years! SHUT UP! @modguy, he's being a big bully head"
        Agreed and this is one big reason I'm not keen on going down that path. People are free to donate extra if they wish.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
        hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
        When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

The best we can do as members is to encourage non supporting members to donate if we see they are non supporting. It never makes sense to me to see someone with history here and a high post count that isn't a supporting member.

It's like jumping the subway terminals or dine and dashing if you ask me. You use it, you enjoy it, you should help pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sinsir, post: 2902943
            The best we can do as members is to encourage non supporting members to donate if we see they are non supporting. It never makes sense to me to see someone with history here and a high post count that isn't a supporting member.

It's like jumping the subway terminals or dine and dashing if you ask me. You use it, you enjoy it, you should help pay for it.
            Totally agree.

Comment

Hi. Would just like to inquire where can I buy Panerai Lumino Crownguard? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scenteno, post: 2983023
                Hi. Would just like to inquire where can I buy Panerai Lumino Crownguard? Thanks
                Asking that question in this thread makes about as much sense as asking me via PM (which you did). How many other folk did you PM rather than getting off your arse and READING the damn forum?

What? Did you just choose a random thread?

************************************************** *************
                hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Comment

You use it, you enjoy it, you should help pay for it.
                  Well said, Sinsir.

Comment

Very well stated! And it's exactly what I did.

I became a member recently and decided to become a supporter less than 2 weeks later. The value of the content of this forum is priceless and I'm truly grateful to all the hard-working people that put RWI together and maintain it. I have never received so much useful information in such a short period of time that it compelled me to become a supporter. I also convinced my brother who has been a member in the past to become a supporter.

Comment

Sure.
                      How can I donate?
                      Watch Lover from ITALY. Love Vintage and Modern watches [Rolex, AP, Patek, Franck Muller, Panerai, Omega]

Comment

I'm still a relative 'newbie' and look at it this way...

$35 is a small price to pay for all the knowledge and advice this forum provides... The reality is, most people who join this forum will more than likely 'dip their toes' into the world of 'reps'.

Without the contacts this forum provides, especially with regard to TD's, newbies would be 'lambs to the slaughter' given the number of unscrupulous online sellers out there...

I for one would happily pay an annual fee for this awesome resource!

Regards - CA

P.s. Love the new look, job well done!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

How about adding a "Paypal Me" link on the site. Then it's only one click to donate whatever we want to give, as often as we can. $5 here, $10 there???? It adds up and the Paypal me link is super easy to add on.
                          YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE
                          I only let HOW Hot Mods do my builds !

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99, post: 2878771, member: 11620
                            Folks, we make part of our income from advertising these days, if you are not logged in you will see ads and if you scroll right down you will see a single advert at the very bottom of most pages.

I say most because we exclude the Brig and The Loony Bin from Google adsense. There is a reason for this and that is that Google don't like tits and arse. Or for that matter anything that could in the least be described as NSFW or that you would not want your five year old daughter to see. This includes provocative pics, close-ups of crotches and breasts (even if clothed) etc.

RWI needs to make some dollars, we have bills to pay, software to subscribe to, we pay for our mail service (since we have the word "replica" in our URL Hotmail, .fr, and a host of others will not accecpt out native mail) and tech guys to pay for. Subscriptions don't cover all of this, only a very small percentage of folk consider RWI worth paying for even the small subscription we ask. As a result we NEED adsense to make this place sustainable and therefore we must abide by their requirements.

If you have ANY doubts about a pic at all, post it in The Loony Bin where Google do not give a jot since their ads do not appear on the page.

Of late we have had several warnings from Google and if we loose this revenue stream it will effect RWI's ability to stay liquid and viable and that wouldb e bad, Mmmkay?

Any questions as to suitability of a articular pic, PM me.

Regards, Trailboss99
                            You guys are providing a great source and you should make some doe.. good luck and continue I'm new and don't know much at all.. but I'm gonna figure it out and be a team player

Comment

Originally posted by Imabeliever, post: 3427812, member: 152120
                              You guys are providing a great source and you should make some doe.. good luck and continue I'm new and don't know much at all.. but I'm gonna figure it out and be a team player
                              LOL, I was referring to the board making part of its income mate not the owners. I make about a dollar an hour out of the place after costs. If I were to rely on this place for income I'd be living in a tent. Reality is you need to be a very large forum indeed to make any real money from the internet. Now if I owned Flyer Talk (circa 1 million members) or the likes that would be a different story.

************************************************** ********
                              ************************************************** *************
                              ************************************************** ********

Comment

Guys, Google has taken an interest in ppls avatars now , please make sure your avatars are conforming to the rules
                                QFOAHDT

Comment

Working...
                                X