This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glamour pics and RWI

Folks, we make part of our income from advertising these days, if you are not logged in you will see ads and if you scroll right down you will see a single advert at the very bottom of most pages.

I say most because we exclude the Brig and The Loony Bin from Google adsense. There is a reason for this and that is that Google don't like tits and arse. Or for that matter anything that could in the least be described as NSFW or that you would not want your five year old daughter to see. This includes provocative pics, close-ups of crotches and breasts (even if clothed) etc.

RWI needs to make some dollars, we have bills to pay, software to subscribe to, we pay for our mail service (since we have the word "replica" in our URL Hotmail, .fr, and a host of others will not accecpt out native mail) and tech guys to pay for. Subscriptions don't cover all of this, only a very small percentage of folk consider RWI worth paying for even the small subscription we ask. As a result we NEED adsense to make this place sustainable and therefore we must abide by their requirements.

If you have ANY doubts about a pic at all, post it in The Loony Bin where Google do not give a jot since their ads do not appear on the page.

Of late we have had several warnings from Google and if we loose this revenue stream it will effect RWI's ability to stay liquid and viable and that wouldb e bad, Mmmkay?

Any questions as to suitability of a articular pic, PM me.

Regards, Trailboss99

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Understood

Comment

Roger that

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
      RM#1:
      I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Completely reasonable.

I'd also venture to suggest maybe even open up another tier for Sponsors? As mentioned the sponsorship cost is relatively low, maybe the administration can look at creating a new "Super Sponsor" tier for a much higher price.

It would not give anything except for bragging rights and a way for supporters to donate more.

Or maybe just open up a donation area where supporters can donate at irregular periods, which would help bolster the income from the subscriptions!

All the best admin team, you guys have been doing a great job and we are happy to get on board to help support the site.

Comment

Donation is a good idea.

Sent from my pigeon
          My GEN vs REP Comparison Thread: (Clickable Link Below)

1) IWC 7 Days Portuguese 5001 & 5007 Review and Comparison
          2) IWC Big Pilot 5009 Rep vs GEN comparison
          3) IWC Pilot 3777 GEN vs V6 vs ZF Comparison
          4) Comparison Audemars Piguet AP ROO 44 Forged Carbon - (Gen vs Rep)
          5) IWC 5035 Annual Calendar Comparison, teardown and Review

Comment

Donations are and have always been welcome, its just we don't like to be pushy or demanding. I think our current subscription rate is fair and reasonable for the service we provide, if people wish to be more generous that's fine. Its just a [pity more folk don't think what we do is worth a few dollars. Folk will spend 1000s of dollars on watches but get offended if they are asked to contribute what in comparison is a pittance to the place that makes it possible. Anyone is welcome to PM me for donation details.

hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
            When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Comment

Lots of sites have a "donate" button. There have been lots of times where I was particularly impressed, helped, or informed and it was really easy to throw a few bones without having to PM somebody and make arrangements. Maybe after a sale, or if I get a few extra bucks and have a few beers in me. Right now I have a gen Gruen Curvex that I'd like to donate but I think the last time I tried something like that it seemed to be a bit of a pain.

As an instructional designer, end-user ease of use is golden!

just my 2 cents.

B

[Link] The Truth About our Reps...

Comment

gee, now don't answer me but just have a bit of a think and ask yourself why we don't have a donate button????

If you want to, sell the watch in M2M and then donate the proceeds mate. Let folk know the sale will be going to the forum and it may even go quicker.

************************************************** *************

Comment

10-4, El Jefe! VIVA LA R.W.I!

Siggy By: Wingnut

Looking for a Franken Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm/ or gen parts.

Comment

Sounds fair... actually more than fair.

As much as I love the two threads in the Loony Bin that we all love, one or two people have taken things way past the line in one thread in particular - and if its causing you grief, I think you should shut it down. Its not like there arn't a million places to go for that sort of thing (I assume, I stopped after the first couple of hundred).

Dont get me wrong, if its not a problem to just not advertise on that forum then fine - but Ive been amazed at the leniency shown as a couple of guys keep pushing the envelope in there.
                    "You cant reason with him, it would be like explaining supertramp to a komodo dragon."

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday, post: 2879167
                      10-4, El Jefe! VIVA LA R.W.I!

^^^^^^^^ GiddyUP!!!
                      "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

Comment

Guys, we do have the report button, if you see something that we missed , you would be doing us all a favor by reporting it .........
                        QFOAHDT

Comment

^^^^THIS^^^^

************************************************** ********
                          ************************************************** *************
                          ************************************************** ********

Comment

Will do.

Excuse my perhaps silly question: What about Avatars and Signatures (especially GIFs) that may be NSFW?
                            <iframe width="240" height="135" class="giphy-embed" src="//giphy.com/embed/26tOXwGsFLwQCp2GQ" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Comment

I don't know how many watches people sell in M2M on average or how many get sold on RWI in a year? But, if its worth it...
                              - if you sell 1 kick 5$ to RWI - why the heck not? 2 =10 bucks btw :-)
                              Now if your selling 50 and are the backbone of the community - are you a business in the making? or just a super tinkererer? either way the first 2 watches of the year kick in 5$ a pop? Your business could afford it or the reverence you are held in gets confirmed!
                              [MENTION=11620]trailboss99[/MENTION] ok I wont ask why not a donate button . . . aww bullshit WHY NOT?? If this has something to do with where the money goes... F' em!
                              You (and countless others IDK) have made this place and nobody has the rights to be your guest here and bad mouth you and the people that run this!

This forum provides something to everyone here, long term, short term doesn't matter. The fact YOU have it here for them when THEY need it, is worth a price and part of that price is stfu when it comes to how you keep it here for them!

And, if thats not the reason why not to have a donate button then im drawing a blank and promise no mid-day drinking till the next time ;-D

If you dont find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.

Comment

Working...
                              X