Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargebacks - Do not do it unless advised to.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargebacks - Do not do it unless advised to.

Under no circumstances should you entertain the idea of filing a PayPal dispute or credit card chargeback. This is the quickest way to find yourself banned from this forum and indeed you will become a pariah within the Rep community at large. This is a last resort after every avenue has been explored, including getting the staff involved.. Unless you have express permission from a member of Staff DO NOT DO IT.

This pertains to TD transactions and M2M transactions alike.

If you have a problem that cannot be resolved with a TD or another member then please fill out a Helpdesk ticket https://www.rwihelp.com/ .

Chargebacks bring unnecessary attention to this little hobby of ours. The vast majority of cases where there is problem can be resolved without the use of Chargebacks.

• beatrizcharles
    replied
    Originally posted by bleedinglottery View Post

so i asked a few people who know their laws and you are right. but the actual problem is even worse. only speaking for the eu here.
    paypals terms of services are acutally not following the law and they know that. so if you open a paypal account in the eu you agree to their terms of services. that means if something happens to your account e.g. a chargeback, their terms of service say that if you did not choose F&F you are eligible to no refund and therefore are scamming them. that is when the garbage part starts. they are a company operatiing out of Liechtenstein. so they dont fall under eu jurisdiction. they then start turning against you with so called "inkasso" companies who are allowed to collect debt for other companies or persons and the "inkasso" will start going after you legally because you will have to prove in a court of law that you do not have to pay this or that because the law says this or that. these inkasso firms are extremely resourcefull. so this is the first front you will be fighting on and i can tell you they are a real pain in the ass and relentless bastards.
    the second front you will be fighting on is in order to proove that you actually have not done anything wrong and even are allowed to get a chargeback incase of getting scammed is that you have to prove infront of the eu court that their terms of service are not legally right and therefore they have no right collecting the money from you.

i have been scammed out of over 1-2k over hacked paypal accouts in a single night and while they would have to compensate the damages my lawyers told me i can go down 2 ways. just pay the 1-2k and be more careful in the future. or if i have 70-100k for starters i will be the first person in the whole eu to start an "AGB" legal war that is probably going to take more than 5 years and cost 200-300k in lawyers until im finished. yes i would have absolutely burned paypal but we all know no private person is going to do that. and therefore you are fucked. i have followed many similar cases in the past and they all had the same outcome. for most of the time there was some kind of settlement involved because the people fighting paypal got tired.
    I would think that Paypal would not be willing to take the heat, either legally on the long run and/or in the presssmash karts
    Last edited by beatrizcharles; 31-03-22, 08:19.

Leave a comment:

• Coconuts
    replied

You threw me a chill

Leave a comment:

• Free-Range Tofu
    replied
    Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

Hey, he scares me!
    I don't know who he is (seriously, I don't) but I do know he has a unique set of skills and would not want him hunting me down because there is nowhere to hide.

Leave a comment:

• legend
    replied
    Originally posted by Free-Range Tofu View Post

Sorry if I should've introduced myself on a post first. But thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to getting aquainted with the community.

Tbh, I think that people like proxy are essential for something like this to function properly, keep everyone in line. Although I have no intention of doing anything but follow the rules.

Seeing as I'm still quite new, would you have a suggestion for where is should looking/posting? Thanks in advance
    I have a question though, how does free-range tofu fare against the caged variety?
    Welcome to RWI!

Leave a comment:

• trailboss99
    replied
    I just looked through proxyserv, and that guy scares me XD
    Hey, he scares me!
    I don't know who he is (seriously, I don't) but I do know he has a unique set of skills and would not want him hunting me down because there is nowhere to hide.

Leave a comment:

• C Master
    replied

Sorry if I should've introduced myself on a post first. But thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to getting aquainted with the community.

Tbh, I think that people like proxy are essential for something like this to function properly, keep everyone in line. Although I have no intention of doing anything but follow the rules.

Seeing as I'm still quite new, would you have a suggestion for where is should looking/posting? Thanks in advance
    Start in the new members area and FAQs and familiarise yourself with the rules and dos and don'ts of the forum. Then just browse through the forum and see what topics catch your eye. If you have something to say feel free to say it

Leave a comment:

• Free-Range Tofu
    replied
    Originally posted by DiggerOfWatches View Post
    Free-Range Tofu Interesting first post and place to post it…

You’re right though. Don’t mess with proxy. Plus there’s others in that category. But just don’t fuck with anyone and you’ll be fine.

Welcome aboard. Lots of info here and very helpful knowledgeable people too.

Leave a comment:

• DiggerOfWatches
    replied
    Free-Range Tofu Interesting first post and place to post it…

You’re right though. Don’t mess with proxy. Plus there’s others in that category. But just don’t fuck with anyone and you’ll be fine.

Welcome aboard. Lots of info here and very helpful knowledgeable people too.

Leave a comment:

• Free-Range Tofu
    replied
    Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

Apparently, I need to say this again. "Besides, an unauthorised chargeback will result in a brigging and that can lead to an interaction with proxyserv and you don't want that . . ."
    I'm very new to this site and the whole world of rep watches, but I just looked through proxyserv, and that guy scares me XD

Leave a comment:

• trailboss99
    replied
    Originally posted by mynameisneo View Post
    Please read my review thread. I am absolutely considering a chargeback to my credit card, given that I've been bait and switched.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...aytona-and-box
    Apparently, I need to say this again. "Besides, an unauthorised chargeback will result in a brigging and that can lead to an interaction with proxyserv and you don't want that . . ."

Leave a comment:

• russ3769
    replied
    I was bankrupted by a PayPal/eBay chargeback . I sold a top of the range iPhone and due to my lack of tech knowledge , I deleted everything off the phone , returned it to factory settings but failed to turn off iCloud , which I still don’t personally know how to do . Anyway , as soon as the buyer asked to return it , eBay automatically gave them a return voucher , without consulting me , I just got a bill . So anyway , they gave a return label , without my knowledge , to a 10 year old address , which I had used to open the account . Would have been simple , go pick my mail up , it’s happened at other addresses , but the property , council owned , was boarded up and undergoing work . I never got my phone back and was left with a £1000 PayPal bill ! To say the straw that broke the camels back , I had taken out loans and credit cards to build my rating with hopes of getting a mortgage . They wanted £100 a month ! On top of everything else , no , bankrupted . Not a leg to stand on , got free advice from a solicitor , sent eBay official letters , all covered in their small print , you need to update your address OFFICIALLY !!! , every time you move , not good enough that I had been using another address as my primary postal address for 8 years . Luckily my dads got a few properties so he kindly acquired a very nice flat for me to rent off him at his mortgage rate . It’s gonna end up being shared out in the inheritance though , so thanks ebay chargebacks . Bunch off a#*!?*les . Couldn’t agree more to this request , there are scammers out there but this seems to be a tight ship .

Leave a comment:

• P..DR..D
    replied
    Originally posted by mynameisneo View Post
    Please read my review thread. I am absolutely considering a chargeback to my credit card, given that I've been bait and switched.

Sorry to read that review but have you even read this staff post?

Couldnt be any clearer tbh:

If you have a problem that cannot be resolved with a TD or another member then please fill out a Helpdesk ticket https://www.rwihelp.com/ .

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• mynameisneo
    replied

Last edited by mynameisneo; 21-12-21, 20:17.

Leave a comment:

• DamienV
    replied
    Originally posted by bleedinglottery View Post

so i asked a few people who know their laws and you are right. but the actual problem is even worse. only speaking for the eu here.
    paypals terms of services are acutally not following the law and they know that. so if you open a paypal account in the eu you agree to their terms of services. that means if something happens to your account e.g. a chargeback, their terms of service say that if you did not choose F&F you are eligible to no refund and therefore are scamming them. that is when the garbage part starts. they are a company operatiing out of Liechtenstein. so they dont fall under eu jurisdiction. they then start turning against you with so called "inkasso" companies who are allowed to collect debt for other companies or persons and the "inkasso" will start going after you legally because you will have to prove in a court of law that you do not have to pay this or that because the law says this or that. these inkasso firms are extremely resourcefull. so this is the first front you will be fighting on and i can tell you they are a real pain in the ass and relentless bastards.
    the second front you will be fighting on is in order to proove that you actually have not done anything wrong and even are allowed to get a chargeback incase of getting scammed is that you have to prove infront of the eu court that their terms of service are not legally right and therefore they have no right collecting the money from you.

i have been scammed out of over 1-2k over hacked paypal accouts in a single night and while they would have to compensate the damages my lawyers told me i can go down 2 ways. just pay the 1-2k and be more careful in the future. or if i have 70-100k for starters i will be the first person in the whole eu to start an "AGB" legal war that is probably going to take more than 5 years and cost 200-300k in lawyers until im finished. yes i would have absolutely burned paypal but we all know no private person is going to do that. and therefore you are fucked. i have followed many similar cases in the past and they all had the same outcome. for most of the time there was some kind of settlement involved because the people fighting paypal got tired.
    Not speaking for Germany but that is exactly the kind of situation where you would involve a consumer association and move forward (obviously if you got scammed/hacked but not for something involving illegal activities).

I would think that Paypal would not be willing to take the heat, either legally on the long run and/or in the press.

The only experience I had went pretty smooth when my account got hacked and a guy bought crypto with it for a few hundred euros. I got a refund in matter of days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X