• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Purchase, Probably Doesn't Get Easier

JRA553

Known Member
14/3/20
Huntsville, AL
TL;DR: I bought my first rep from WackoBirdKeeper (Stan), it arrived quickly without issue. The watch met or exceeded my expectations. I would heartily recommend Stan to others for entry level rep purchases. Photos added to later post.

I'm new to the forum here, I just joined in the last few weeks. I researched many different purchasing options and decided to go with Stan for my first rep purchase for at least a few reasons:
1. He had a watch that was pretty close to what I thought I wanted on hand in CONUS, ready to ship
2. He had plenty of reviews that touted fast shipping and decent watches for the money
3. At a lower price and without the potential customs issues, this seemed like a good way to enter the rep world

The process was simple. I paid him and a week later I had the watch! He told me that he delayed shipping so that he could get something fixed on the watch, but that ultimately he swapped it for a different watch and that different (better) watch is what he shipped to me. I have no way to confirm this, but I don't have any reason to doubt that it happened. I say no way to confirm because there were no QC pics, just the pics posted at the link below.

I bought a black dial milgauss as listed here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...r-king-watches

I knew I wouldn't be getting a super rep NWBIG for $185, but I was surprised in a few ways with how much watch I got for the money. Initial impressions are as follows. Also, I apologize in advance, this post wont have any photos, I'll have to add those later.

Good:
1. The weight of the watch seems right, bracelet feels solid.
2. At first glance it also looks right, many small details are there (e.g., rehaut has engraving, laser etched crown is on the glass at 6).
3. It keeps ok time with a decent power reserve. In my first 24 hours it was +15 seconds and it's now been running for 30 hours without movement, still at +15 seconds per day.
4. Watch for $ ratio is pretty high. Lots of watch for the money IMHO.

Less good (mostly these are the various tells that this is a rep in my opinion):
1. There are some sharp-ish edges on the bracelet and clasp, that's the most obvious tell and probably the only one that would immediately give this watch away IMHO.
2. The second hand shape. The gen second hand has a Z shape, but this one has right angles on the zigzags, not Zs.
3. The 2813 movement is 21,600 bph, 3Hz which gives a less smooth sweeping second hand.
4. Rehaut is lined up in some places and off in others.
5. Minute hashes on the dial are orange. I've not been able to find a gen with this color arrangement. I could be wrong and I'd be glad to be corrected.
6. Crown has three dots, gen has a line.
7. Fit and finish would be the last tell, but you'd have to take the watch off my wrist and really look at it.
8. The crown has three positions: 1 winds in clockwise, 2 likely moves a date wheel that I can't see, 3 hacks and changes time.
9. Crystal has laser etched crown, gen does not (according to this thread)

Surprises:
1. 2813 movement has a bad reputation, at least the uni-directional rotor seems to have a reputation for being really noisy. I gave it a side-by-side comparison to the Seiko 7s26 (in my avatar) and I think that Seiko is louder, but I've never been bothered by the Seiko while wearing it. So by that assessment, the 2813 must not be too loud.
2. The crystal looks great! I didn't expect it to have the little crown laser etched into it.
3. Except for the minute hashes, the dial looks great. The minute hashes may not be a real problem, more research is required.

Thanks Stan for the great deal on my first rep! Please don't let the list above make you think I'm unhappy with the watch, I think this is great and it met or exceeded my expectations for how much money it cost. I made the list above to be thorough and hopefully to inform someone in the future.

Last edited:

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
JRA553 You have to post a picture of your watch. Congratulations on your purchase.

JRA553

Known Member
14/3/20
Huntsville, AL
Crown laser etched on crystal

Rehaut aligned

Rehaut misaligned

Three dots on crown

Sharp-ish edge on end of clasp

Crystal and dial look good, note the orange minute hashes

Crystal and case

Crystal and case

Fit and finish at end links

Fit and finish at end links

Fit and finish of bracelet, note at least one stiff joint. I'm sure it will loosen up over time.

Dial, note the orange minute hashes and the second hand's right angles at the zigzags.

Reactions: P..DR..D

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Very nice. Stan should be the way to go for all new members. He delivers and has a fine eye for good, solid watches.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: tatabeck

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Very nice looking watch. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

phillies0179

Horology Curious
21/11/18
Very nice!

IMHO you should always try to get a gen strap; that’s the one upgrade I do to each of my reps. I have a few from the NWBIG list and the difference that a gen strap makes is insane. The watch makers seem to look at the strap or bracelets as a second thought which I’m totally okay with. I would rather them focus on the timepiece itself and let me buy a gen strap or bracelet. I’ve always found that to be $200/$300 well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk