• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Smurfmariner and Planet Ocean - First two of many from WBK!

BKCowGod

Looking Around
10/3/19
So I won't repeat the many platitudes about how easy and smooth and fast it is to order from Stan. I will tell you about these two specific watches though...

Background on me: I ride a motorcycle daily in all weather, shoot high caliber pistols and rifles, swim and use a sauna several times a week, and wrench on cars regularly. The only two times I don't wear a watch are when I sleep and when I shower. I do not baby anything I own, and these watches are no exception. I waited until I had done most of the above before I reviewed.

1) The reason I purchased was the blue Submariner. Looks as real as I was hoping it would look. Put it next to my gen and you can tell the fit and finish is off. Wear it and it feels like wearing a gen. Tells time like you're wearing a gen (was extremely fast when received, but is evening out after just a couple of days. Will probably need a slight adjustment). Nothing to complain about here. Bracelet had an issue but Stan immediately offered solutions that were generous. I elected to fix myself, but I did appreciate the service. Has held up to the hot tub once. Who knows if it will hold up longterm - passing it to my buddy to check and grease o-rings before I try too hard. I have a Deep Blue that is rated to 1500m if I really ever want to mess with water, so resistance is more about convenience with this watch. The rotor is hefty - you can hear and feel it when it gets moving, but not to an annoying degree.

On the wrist:

On the pineapple:

2) The deal that was too good to pass up, the retro Planet Ocean. My very first "homage" watch was a Debert that I didn't even realize was a rep of a PO. It was crap, but a very good looking watch. This one is a win. The movement feels the same as the Sub, but the fit and finish is a step or two below (no surprise, I was warned). The bezel isn't as smooth and has a bit more play and the crown doesn't deploy as positively, but it all functions and looks good. The crystal needs some work - reflects badly and has a halo effect you can see in pictures below, but it could just be some residue on the inside. If not, AR coated crystals are cheap and modding is fun. I removed the terrible silicone band immediately and took the Nato off of my Orient. Nothing against the band, I just hate rubber/silicone bands as they grab my arm hairs. If this had been advertised as a 1:1 or any of that crap, I may have been slightly underwhelmed but with Stan's description it exceeded my expectations. Definitely glad I jumped on this one.

On the wrist:

On the pineapple:

On the bed:

Reactions: TimosL

nero389

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
BKCowGod thanks for taking the time for making a review and posting pics. Do you know what movement are in these watches? And how accurate are they so far during your ownership?

I'm saving up some funds in hopes to purchase from WBK in the future - thanks!

BKCowGod

Looking Around
10/3/19
The general consensus is that they have the venerable Asian 2813 movement. If you're okay with the whirring sound made by the rotor, nothing negative to say about this movement in my experience. You should plan on your watch being either fast or slow when you get it. Both of mine are fast. That said, they are consistently fast and nothing a proper service wouldn't remedy. The Rolex has survived significant abuse - I'm left handed and just got back from four hours at the range shooting .45 and .357 pistols with my watch hand. No problems there, or in hot tubs, or in the shower.

Reactions: nero389