• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st Time Buyer from WBK (WackoBirdKeeper) Here are my thoughts...

First-time buyer from RWI and from WBK Time.

I wanted to say that the RWI community is very active and has genuine TD's that I can trust, especially from WBK Time. However, after receiving my watch, there were some problems.

Here is my response:

1). Excellent customer service and turnaround time. WBK Time (WackoBirdKepper) kept me in the loop of every major event during payment and shipping. World Wide Shipping and military discounts are why I would give them a 10/10.

2). Very displeased when receiving the watch itself. Attached are pictures:

Picture 1). Total cost: Under $300 / Omega Seamaster driver 300 NTTD Watch / Without NATO Band

Picture 2). Bezel "10" has a crack:

Picture 3). Watermark on bezel dots:

Picture 4). Scratch streak marks on the back of the watch:

It was unfortunate to receive such a watch in poor condition. As quoted by WBK Time (WackoBirdKepper), All the watches come in new, however, the picture I was shown did not match my received item.

Will I be buying from WBK Time again?
- probably not. unless I get the watch in a better condition.

What do you rate WBK Time?
- 10/10 on customer service,
- 3/10 on end item

Reactions: Nono92

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
This watch was shipped to Korea. It went to an APO address.

The buyer was sent QC images which were approved.

The reason Madx did not flag this watch for being in a bad condition was because when I put it in the shipping box, it was not like that. I personally pack every shipment. I do not send watches like this. Why in the world would I send anyone a watch in that condition? Especially when we are dealing with a Soldier on active duty half way around the world. I have the utmost respect for our men in the military. I even give Madx an unsolicited discount because he is one of our finest heroes.

It sure appears to me that this package was tampered with in transit. In all the years I have been selling on here, which is over 15 years now, I have never sent out a watch in this condition. Also, the watch was covered in plastic to protect it. We all see how the factories do that. All of these watches came in with those glue on clear plastic case-back covers to protect the watch. The one that was on this watch was obviously removed when the watch was defaced.

Madx, I sent you the tracking and in my tracking statement I clearly state: "If you have any concerns or problems,
please let me know right away." You did not do that. You never mentioned these issues in order to give me the opportunity to rectify the problems. That is on you. You took the time to write to me and notify me that you received the watch, but these issues were never mentioned. I have an excellent record for customer service. I'm able to say with confidence that my customer service is second to no one. But I cannot attend to an issue I am not aware of.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I have never bought from WBK, but in my many years around here, this is the first time I've seen someone post a complaint.

WBK, congrats, you've finally achieved what every TD gets from time to time!

OP, work it out in PM with WBK, who obviously cares about his reputation and is trusted. You didn't need to take this public.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
From my archive. These are two of the QC images that were sent.
The watch had to have been tampered with in transit. Anyone can see that the watch was not sent in that condition.

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
Yepper, I have bought from Stan.

EXCELLENT communication, and the DateJust I bought was packaged VERY well when delivered to me....the condition was A+++

I'm firmly with WBW on this one....

Good morning all,

Wanted to follow up with the conversation here.
The package was tampered with in transit yes we can all agree to that.
My fault for not letting Stan know about my end item conditions as soon as possible. Who knows, maybe I could have sent it back to Stan and got a new one, but I was too busy with the fact that I could not wait for the turnaround time. Also my fault. It seems like it is too late for that now and have to live with this choice of mine.

Overall, I still wear this watch to this day and currently have no issues with it (other than the issues listed above).
WBK Time has excellent customer service no questions.

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
Madx it is good of you to realize WBK was not at fault here as shipping any item around the world has risks involved. WBK is a TD here for a reason and from personal experience I can say he very much does care about both his customers as well as his reputation. In spite of the shipping issues it is a good looking watch and dont give up on this hobby ,nor WBK, due to shipping problems.

Stax802

Supporter
Certified
14/12/20
He always takes good care of me he's a stand up guy