• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Work reviews

Blutang777

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
Canada
There’s only two words to describe this mans work and knowledge work and expertise “ Pure Genius “ Just completed a 4130 Mod with all genuine parts and speaking from experience better than any Rolex AD service centre !! He’s on my second now and third will be the next free spot he can give me .This mans hands need insured !! Three words to describe him personally “ A True Gentleman “ . Your search is now over if your looking the best of the best watchservicesny is your man . Thanks Again . ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post some pictures..

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
This is SO long overdue!

If it weren't for Mike, I'd sure feel like a dummy going franken-freakin-crazy instead of buying gens.

BUT

I get a borderline inappropriate thrill collecting parts and/or partial builds, and sending them off to Mike and knowing with reasonable certainty that I will end up with a solid product that FAR supercedes the acceptable tolerance of error within this hobby.

Mike has had a hand in every one of these, all Gen dials and hands and more! Even worked on and fixed my Ginault bezel while installing Prof xtal.

(Royal Oak included because I had an empty spot and I'm about to send it off to him after I post this lol- and this one actually only gets gen dial haha)
ZvNeHv.jpg

Last edited:

Atlas_Shrugged

Known Member
5/11/20
SoCal/Salt Lake City
Mike did a great job servicing my Omega. When I received it from the TD the chrono was stuck on. No way to stop or reset it. Works perfect now. Received the watch back from him a lot faster than expected. I’ll be ending my Noob Daytona and ARF Batman for servicing soon. Thanks

Last edited:

Islander36

I'm Pretty Popular
28/2/14
Just got this built by Mike using mostly my parts and think it came out great!

hammondd2000

Horology Curious
14/1/20
I sent my vsf in to mike for a super Franken job and now I see why he lives up to the hype & praise ....he’s a honest guy an will not take advantage of a customer, a master installer an can also source your Gen parts . So what more could anyone want! He will definitely see more watches of mine

Ecy

24/7/19
Sorry for the late review. I got busy in real life.

Anyways, I had a DJ 41 VSF frankin mod. Dial, hands, and movement down to the screws.

Mike actually posted pictures of the build in a thread here. Silver dial.

It turned out beautifully. Movement is smooth as butter. I have worn in several times and am very satisfied.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
This is SO long overdue!

I get a borderline inappropriate thrill collecting parts and/or partial builds, and sending them off to Mike and knowing with reasonable certainty that I will end up with a solid product that FAR supercedes the acceptable tolerance of error within this hobby.
.. ..]/QUOTE]

I can understand that. In fact I can feel something stirring in the nether regions myself with this suggestive post .......

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Well flipping back through this thread I cannot help but be impressed by the level of skill and expertise here.
Mine was a simple job. My mtm purchase noob arf hybrid had arrived with a not so good ARF dial and a broken driving wheel for ratchet. Mike services the thing, replaced the ratchet wheel with gen and replaced the crystal gasket.
Watch runs sweetly and looks great!

hard at work timing breaks between reps at the gym. Who says you don't need a chrono!!

​​​​​​​bravo watchservicesny

Reactions: Blutang777

rred5

5/10/19
Fixed my Batman, multiple issues. Excellent work. Back in about 2 weeks.

newteeth

Horology Curious
10/10/17
Mike just replaced the bezel on my Daytona. Terrific careful work. Much appreciated.

Layo

29/11/17
Just got my sub back from Mike, and he did an excellent job on it. Bezel action is good, and the date flips perfectly. He was extremely patient with me, with this being my first franken, and replica for the matter. He was nice enough to answer all of my questions and even waited for me to send more parts to him after I changed my mind about replacing the dial on my watch. I would definitely use his services again and recommend him to anyone who needs work done on the east coast, or the CONUS in general.

slak3rfosho

Known Member
7/1/17
Sold me a cartier and happy with his service. Great seller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
I'm reserving my judgment on Mike's work for now. Had my Noob Daytona with him since the last week of June. He was changing a bezel, a dial, doing a service. On July 4th he mentioned that he'd be ordering green lume hands to swap the crappy Noob hands and only had blue lume in stock. I agreed and contacted him after 2 weeks to see if the hands had come in. Got a 2 word answer "not yet". So I just contacted him again after another 2 weeks to see if the green lume hands had come in, and he said another week or so but he's going on vacation until the end of August. A little more than 2 or 5 word responses would be nice and an idea of timeframes would be appreciated. Not super happy at this point.

Last edited:

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
I'm reserving my judgment on Mike's work for now. Had my Noob Daytona with him since the last week of June. He was changing a bezel, a dial, doing a service. On July 4th he mentioned that he'd be ordering green lume hands to swap the crappy Noob hands and only had blue lume in stock. I agreed and contacted him after 2 weeks to see if the hands had come in. Got a 2 word answer "not yet". So I just contacted him again after another 2 weeks to see if the green lume hands had come in, and he said another week or so but he's going on vacation until the end of August. A little more than 2 or 5 word responses would be nice and an idea of timeframes would be appreciated. Not super happy at this point.

I got your watch at end of June for simple dial and bezel swap
I quote you 3-5 weeks turnaround
When you send it in you you wrote watch doesn’t work, and we agree to do service
I also told you your hands are bad and need replacement, yes I offer you a gens set but then realized you have green lume dial
I did order the hands but have no control over that

If you not super happy (and you agree to my rules) I can put you watch together as was before you send and send back

Let me know and thanks for review

Reactions: MikeyBugs95

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
Thank you Mike for your quick response. The test of great customer service is how issues are dealt with and your dealing with this affirms your great reviews on RWI. Appreciate you taking the time to explain the options and I'm happy with how this went. All the best.

Last edited:

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
Got my Noob V3 back from Mike this past week and it looks awesome! Mike did a service on the movement, replaced the bezel with a CF, swapped the dial with a black 116520 gen and gen hands. I already had upgraded the clasp with an ARF one as well as the crystal. It’s almost unbelievable how close to gen this watch is, here’s a pic compared to my gen panda 116500. If you didn’t notice the subdial rings were shinier than 116500 and the dial/hands had green lume instead of blue you’d probably need a loupe to tell the rep from gen. Thanks Mike, another happy customer!
dbsDGtY

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
I approached Mike for servicing and waterproofing of my Noob Daytona. I had also requested for him to help swap out the hands with another set that I had provided.

Quality of Service
The work done was of top quality and attention to details. This can be seen from the hands are which installed with meticulous care -- no Rodico smudges can be seen under all lighting conditions. Winding the watch is also smooth when compared to prior the servicing.

I've multiple experiences working with many other watchmakers (gen and rep, on and off RWI) and more often than it ought to be, watches do come back from servicing with Rodico smudges on the hands. While this may not be a good indicator of overall workmanship, Mike's fastidious work proves itself through the smudge-free hands after the servicing. I'm pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the outcome of the service. :cool-new::wowa:

Overall Service Experience
The experience with Mike was great and worry free. Mike was very professional and efficient throughout the service. I also received the waterproofing tests results, which was a nice touch. :w00t:

Highly Recommended
Yes. Your watch is in safe and careful hands. :thumbsup:

Carlytoss

Certified
18/3/16
Snitching your TLS connexion
Mike is a man of few words but his work is stunning.

I’ve asked him to fully service my 4130, install gen crystal and CF bezel and also waterproof it.
I’m extremely pleased by his work and he is my go-to guy when it comes working on my Daytonas.
I’m currently sending him another one to work on.
Do not hesitate, I highly recommend his work

721c4f8bcdd899cfc0dd83c4d3526b57.jpg

6d5c1a0400129361d94157b5edf2f0a0.jpg

Reactions: wolfiqar

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Mike is an absolute blessing and treasure to have in this hobby. We are all very, very lucky to have him. To have someone of his elite ability, without having to pay AD prices, to work on Gen and Rep and everything in between is extemely rare and should be cherished. He has worked on many pieces for me and I am about ready to send him more...Just a super talented and great guy who always comes thru and never lets you down...