• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Work reviews

Moose22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
4/9/18
I just got my watch back from Mike. It is an OP, SH3132, and I had him replace the reversing wheels and service.

He kept me informed and updated, sent pictures of progress, and even returned reports on time and pressure tests, all of which are greatly appreciated. He is straight forward about his timelines and what he can and cannot do, and his prices are honest and fair. The watch is running perfectly since I got it this morning. I pulled it out of the box and it started running, I set the time, and it has been going since. Everything he has done gives me great confidence that I'll have a well maintained working watch I can wear daily if I want.

I had a poor experience with someone else with previous repairs, so I decided to go with the guy who has a great reputation this time. Totally the right choice, and his reputation is well earned. I'll definitely go back to him with the next watch I get serviced.

smallerOP.jpg

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I recently used Mike to fix the date mechanism in a Super Franken DJ 36. The date mechanism wasn't working properly and would get stuck when attempting to adjust it manually.

He recommended the gen parts needed to fix the issue and provided all the potential options to address the issue. His prices are fair and reasonable. I got the watch this week and it's working like a charm.

He did a phenomenal job, and the watch works exactly like gen (i.e., switches the date exactly at 12:00, and doesn't get stuck). He also serviced the movement, and the watch now winds like butter.

More, he was very responsive and kept me appropriately apprised with what he was doing, and how he was doing it.

I will use him again for future servicing, modding work, and any tasks that fall under the purview of his abilities.

I couldn't recommend him enough. He's the best.

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
Got my watch back from mike today.

First I’d like to start by saying that I am a complete newbie I. The rep game and he walked me step by step to achieve what I want. Even though I may have pissed him off with my questioning.

The watch:
Noob V3 Daytona 116500 + ARF v2 panda 116500

Noob V3 case
Noob v3 bracelet
ARF V2 dial
ARF v2 Clasp
CF bezel (already I staled by Jtime)
Gen crystal
Gen gasket
Gen hands
Gen chrono wheel
Gen clutch
Gen second wheel
Gen Hammer
Gen sliding pinion

Put my ARF back together.

https://imgur.com/a/xHDCafY

Communication was great once we got started and he sends regular updates with pictures. Please note that he is working on a lot of watches and there may be delays in his reply. But those delays disappear once he starts working. After he had my watches in hand, replies were never long. Almost always within the hour.

The work is great! Both watches running very well. He sends you a print out of the watch’s diagnostics. He works with and can source most gen parts.

Work was also fast. Once he started it was done in just over a week.

Shipping back is fast and very well packed. He even returned the two soft pouches I kept the watches in. He also return all left over parts and all blister packs of Gen parts he used for the mod.

I am extremely happy with Mike and his work.

Next step for this watch is to get the full balance package mike offers on Daytona’s and hopefully I can source a gen dial and bezel for him to install as well.

Thank you and I hope to be sending you more and more watches soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Let me start off by summarizing my comments - Mike is possibly the most versatile watchmaker on this forum, highly recommended (will run out of compliments describing him) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have known Mike for a while now (since Jan 2019). He has built (more like transformed) 8 watches for me - 6 Daytonas, 1 GMT II and a Hulk. The range of work he has done for me involved full scale Rolex franken/modded builds, gen parts installs (including gen 4130 balance assemblies requiring elevated experience), retrofit ARF dials on Noob case, 3135 to 3185 conversion using gen parts, custom fit movement holders (did it for the GMT II Noob case to accommodate VR3185), waterproofing and tear down movement services. Every one of my 8 watches shows the quality of his workmanship and feels solid on the wrist. The first watch (Daytona) that he built for me is almost a year now...no issues so far, amazing power reserve, movement runs like a charm and timekeeping is accurate. Mike's watchmaking expertise (plus his finesse) and knowledge on the watch mechanics are very widely known, there is not a lot more for me to mention that others don't know about already. However, I will mention a few things that makes Mike my trusted go to person for advice and of course watch services.
  1. First and foremost, Mike is a thorough gentleman and loving family man. His watchmaking skills and personality traits compliment each other very well. I had the good fortune to meet him in-person in NYC, was very impressed with how he carried himself. Over time, I have gotten to know a lot more about Mike - the person (and not just Mike - the watch maker). I respect him a lot for his "family first" attitude, humbleness and always providing feedback/guidance with no judging of my knowledge (or ignorance). Also, Mike has been very patient with all my projects despite my many queries and sending him many questionable gen parts (only to be told that they are useless).
  2. Mike stocks and sources a lot of gen parts and in my experience there is no other place (ebay, Chrono24, M2M, ADs) that carries gen parts cheaper than what Mike sells to members. This is true for $50 parts and even for $700+ parts.
  3. Mike has handled Franken builds for me involving individual parts worth over $3000 (brand new gen Hulk full bezel/insert assembly). Never ever had I any doubt or hesitation in shipping him the parts or his ability/expertise in getting them properly fitted into the watch. To be fully transparent, he is the only watchmaker on this forum that I trust with such expensive parts. I also have a bunch of relatively expensive parts installed on my Daytonas. Again, he is the only person that I will ever let touch my Daytonas, such is the level of confidence that I have on his skills.
  4. With time and after seeing his work on my projects, Mike has progressed from being a watch maker to a trusted advisor for me. With him there is no BS, he will always provides the straight up and honest opinion. I also deal with another watchmakers on this forum who considers Mike his mentor at some levels
  5. Because of his other priorities and depth of watch skills, Mike gets extremely busy with many requests. Members (specially folks with no prior experience working with him) need to be patient because the end product will justify the wait. Mike is succinct in his communications and he keeps members well informed about project progress (both with pics and text)
  6. Another seemingly little but shows "attention to detail" fact that got me to go back to Mike is the way he packaged and returned my first watch build (and subsequently for all the other projects). His packaging is rock solid and return shipping is very fast. He even individually labels each part meticulously that was returned and boxed them logically so that it was easy for me to understand
I first bumped into Mike through this forum and till date he has been one of the "best finds". Mike is an asset to members...Having a well rounded skillset as a watch maker and a human being is a rarity. Mike contributes regularly on this forum (through responding to member queries, parts sales and detailed technical write-up on his services (must read them)), comes very highly recommended by me and I look forward to many other future projects with his "magical touch"...

Last edited:

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
@Srhoque
Thank you for your review, it is really pleasure to work with you every and watch time
And as you already now I did enjoy every of your build

Reactions: srhoque and KJ2020

PigIron

Patron
13/2/19
CONUS
Mike installed a new dial and insert for me. Everything was perfect. Every detail. He is a complete professional.
Thank you misiekped.

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
Mike understands reps!

After my brand new ZZF 116610LV arrived from a trusted dealer DOA, I sent it directly to Mike in NY for repair and service.

The watch arrived back in my hands a short time later running perfectly, 100 meter tested and looking like new.

Mike has serviced both my TC’s and now this new ZZF beauty.

If you like reps, get to know Mike! I highly recommend!!

Reactions: Nvgtrpete

mayzewin

Supporter
Certified
15/2/20
Sent Mike my 116610LN with 3135 movement after receiving it from a TD and it was running about a minute slow per day. Got it back in about 2-3 weeks and it runs great now! We already have plans for some other frankening/servicing.

titaniummanus1

2/4/20
Earth
misiekped

Mike brought my recently purchased watch back fro the dead for a very reasonable price and was patient with me as I asked questions along the way. will be doing more work with him in the future.

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
Sent a noob Daytona in to misiekped for a dial swap and it came back perfect as always.

Thanks Mike!

BrooklynDan

13/7/17
Sent my franken 16600 to Mike for a movement overall and waterproofing.

The service was fast, reliable, and reasonably priced. Mike is a professional and takes pride in his work.

Make sure you follow his instructions to a “T” he has them in place for a reason.

I recommend his services and look forward to working with him again.

Thanks Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Blutang777

11/3/18
Canada
Mike was awesome to work with, he built my Franken Daytona 116500. Great service and top notch work. Very honest and humble. He will be building my Franken Noob Pepsi soon. Can’t wait! He is the Jedi Master!!

b9f3428cbaab7cf8d3bdd2abfd743a46.plist
e247229637160257d3b3481430a66303.plist
d2f903ae11ad76f84b8dd237a4c5a875.plist
3156d1fff31cf4fe2eaf29acaee4ee19.plist
a2bf391bf057003f8d6c5b8deb7fe0c2.plist

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

baetona

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/20
I was looking for someone who can service my first franken watch in conus. Everyone recommended Mike, so I decided to go with Mike. No wonder why everyone recommended him, he finished my watch service within a week and ship watch back to me. Great communication and service! If you are looking for a watch repairer in conus, i highly recommend him. I will definitely bring more projects to him! Thank you so much Mike.

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
I sent Mike my SD43 which had several issues and Mike fixed all of them and the watch has been working great. Prices were fair and service was great. Mike will be my main watch repair person from this point on. Cannot recommend highly enough.

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Had mike recently build my franken 16610lv
TC v6 case and bracelet, TC insert, genuine Rolex 3135 movement sources and serviced by mike, gen crystal and crown and hands, also waterproofed by mike, the build turned out amazing and mike is quick with his communication. Wouldn’t hesitate to have him work on any of my builds. Top notch and well worth it!

Mrj858

Known Member
30/7/13
Another A++++ experience with Mike! Sent in 2 watches to have him work his magic on and both came back perfect with the mods we discussed! Thanks again!

dewie1975

29/10/18
All I can say is WOW!! I sent quite a little project to Mike and he did an awesome job. I had just bought a 116503 and had managed to source just about every Gen part I could find, including a dial, bezel, hands, pushers, crown, clutch module, barrel, auto device module, and all the necessary counting wheels in order to properly install Gen Hands. I knew it would be a big project given it was a complete overhaul and wanted water proofing as well. Well, Mike crushed it all!! He completed everything in a much shorter period of time than I ever could've imagined and the watch looks amazing! The 4130 movement is smooth as butter. He just did an amazing job, and so quickly! I would not hesitate to send any project to him in the future and highly recommend his services! If you're looking for some one to work on your watch, look no further than misiekped
Thanks again Mike! You are THE MAN!!

Sheldinian

7/9/19
Thank you very much Mike for the exceptional watch service of my 116610 LN ARF sub. Very professional results. Was a pleasure doing business and hope to continue in the future.

Work done:
VR 3135 full movement swap and service
Gen Date Wheel
Gen Reversing Wheels
Gen Ratchet Wheel
Water tested up to 10 bar
Regulated to 2 seconds +/- :)

EMrIF.jpg
EMtdt.jpg
EM8j5.jpg

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Asked Mike to investigate the mystery of the "sticking datewheel" prevalent in ARF 116710LN's (my 116710LN build included) and he did a banger job replacing the necessary part with a gen one. The watch was also stuck (seconds hand stopped moving/balance spring jammed)

The work/repair was swift, professional and he went above and beyond what was asked of him.

I have history with Mike going as far back as my superfranken 116710LN project. Again, nothing less than an absolutely STELLAR job. This man is an artisan.

It is my honour to give my highest possible recommendation to the gentleman.

Bravo, Mike. I look forward to the privilege of sending more of my projects your way.

Sent from my ZF BB58 Blue V2 using Tapatalk

13917b7845e5ef5e327ee2a64c51db9c.jpg

b59e9c5d7c2b3f9feace8e29f29f0587.jpg

Last edited: