• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Work reviews

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Fell free to leave any comments related to my work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BBM and Agloomp

thehipp04

Patron
31/8/16
I have had the pleasure of owning a misiekped 16610 build. He has also done numerous other mods for some of my other pieces, and too be honest I am getting ready to send him another watch for work. He is my go to guy. I can tend to send a lot fo emails and ask a lot of questions and Mike always tries his best to work with me and provide any / all answers he can.

I would never hesitate to contact Mike for some work!

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Had the pleasure as well dealing with Mike. Exceptional service and communication. All my movement servicing will be through him.

Thanks again Mike

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

alfa1

Horology Curious
1/4/06
USA
Yes been looking for someone for service....is there a way to contact miseikped either on or off board ?

Yelow69

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/9/14
Had Mike service my gen 16753 which needed a new main spring. Turn around was about a week and i was extremely happy with the results. I would definitely recommend his work.

zikzak

27/2/17
Mike took care of servicing my JF 114300 (SH313x) last year not long after the watch was released. He was excellent to work with and I have no qualms recommending his services to anyone wanting excellent communication and results He regulated the watch within .3s/d and installed gen reversing wheels after he evaluating the movement (what he'd do if it was his own is what I inquired about).

Reactions: tonydel11

Watch onto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
Great work. Sent my watch back well packed. Will definitely use again. Thanks Mike

bmwe36

Horology Curious
3/8/18
I got my JF 143000 with 313x movement serviced with misiekped (Mike) and I'm glad I've done it. He always responds (sometimes it takes a few days). He honestly assesses the situation and he educates the customer. When I talk to Mike, I know he takes pride in his work and goes the extra mile. He packed the watch well before sending it back with signature confirmation. He tests the watch before sending it back. In addition to the timegrapher test, he also does a 10 bar water pressure test on the 143000. It's good to know that I can send a watch to someone that does a great job, rather than trying to look for someone locally that may not do a good job. If you have a watch with a SH313x clone movement from JF/ARF factory, Mike is your guy. He even does amazing projects like modifying them to work with the GMT hand for the GMT Master II and the Explorer II.

To service or not to service? That is the question.

When I purchased the watch, I immediately budgeted for servicing. If I get another watch from JF/ARF that has a 313x like a sub, datejust, explorer I, I'll immediately service them (and add parts when applicable.) Why?

The most common reason people state is that the factories are dirty, dusty, they either put too much or too little oil.

A lot of people debate about this and say if the watch is working, you don't need to service it. I disagree.

The reason you should service is the China clone parts are crap. Either the quality control in China is bad or their parts are inferior. Either way, there are pictures online comparing the gears of a clone to a gen and there is a difference and this affects functionality. The teeth on the gears are either worn down or not clean. Even a worned down or missing single tooth of a gear affects the watch's performance. You need a watchmaker that will honestly assess the movement of the watch.

This happened to me. I purchased a JF 143000 recently (August 2018). The TD's timegrapher showed that the watches movement was perfect. It was not. On the first day after a couple hours, I wore it I noticed the watch was stuck. After a while, the second hand would move again, then it would get stuck at the same place. Now I have a choice, send it back to China and worry about shipping, customs, etc. or send it to Mike. I was planning to service the watch anyways so I sent it to Mike.

The problem was the reversing wheels. If you talk to other forum members they also replace the reversing wheels with gen reversing wheels. This is why. The China clone parts are crap (unless your lucky to get good parts). Second reason to service is to make sure it is clean on the inside and properly lubricated.

After servicing the watch runs smoothly, is quieter and if I listen to it very closely, sounds amazing.

Ride till it dies or service it?

There are two camps
One camp believes that you shouldn't service a clone as you would a gen. People in this camp generally care more for the looks and if it dies, they advocate just putting the money you would spend on servicing into a new watch.

The other camp believes in servicing for a few different reasons.
--Different factories are moving towards clone movements. The best 1:1 of some models have the clone 313x and not the ETA
--People like the novelty of the clone 313x over the ETA. It's different, it sets the watch a part. Also the movement has a larger diameter than the ETA.
--People believing in servicing it anyways. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Wouldn't you want to enjoy your watch at it's peak performance?

Thank you Mike for taking the time to work on my watch. I hope that I am able to send you more jobs in the future.

Reactions: Hesekiel

FETA1

Horology Curious
16/8/06
Mike did a great job servicing my ARF Daytona... smooth process, great communication, great results. Will not hesitate to use his services again in the future!!!! A+

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had a dial with a damaged hour marker that needed replacement. I often try to fix things myself but let me tell you this task requires skill! Having already failed miserably trying to straighten a crooked marker, I decided to let Mike handle this for me. The job was done quickly and perfectly, I can now move ahead with my project! Thank you Mike, you are a class act brother, we are so lucky to have you on our team!

Reactions: XpanzerX

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I highly recommend Mike at WatchServicesNY!

I tried to do some basic work on my two most coveted TC subs and I ended up damaging the movements, the dials, the hands... Ugh.

I sent both watches to Mike at WatchServicesNY (both have some genuine parts such as inserts and crystals.)

I am SO happy with the result. The watches look and run perfect! The movements completely serviced, hands repaired and/or replaced where necessary, the dials look great and he went above and beyond replacing the crystal gaskets and waterproofing/pressure testing.

Mike understands the different rep manufacturers. Thank you Mike and thank you RWI!!!

And now for some pictures...

Last edited:
Reactions: brokeAF

mflo

Known Member
4/12/18
misiekped Recently serviced my franken 114060, and I'm blown away at his level of service and attention to detail.

Apart from having him replace the reversing wheels on the movement with gen parts, he also graciously took on a complete gen bezel assembly installation after I had already sent my watch in to him. There were a few hiccups along the way (because of my ignorance, I didn't realize that I was actually missing a couple gen parts) but he went above and beyond and sourced gen parts to complete the install.

He supplied timegrapher test results, along with waterproof test results to 10atm. The watch was packaged back up carefully and conscientiously, the takeoff parts were returned, along with the gen packaging materials the parts came in (proof that gen parts were used).

My newly waterproofed watch is running like a top now.

Needless to say, he's earned a loyal customer out of me.

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
misiekped Recently serviced my franken 114060, and I'm blown away at his level of service and attention to detail.

Apart from having him replace the reversing wheels on the movement with gen parts, he also graciously took on a complete gen bezel assembly installation after I had already sent my watch in to him. There were a few hiccups along the way (because of my ignorance, I didn't realize that I was actually missing a couple gen parts) but he went above and beyond and sourced gen parts to complete the install.

He supplied timegrapher test results, along with waterproof test results to 10atm. The watch was packaged back up carefully and conscientiously, the takeoff parts were returned, along with the gen packaging materials the parts came in (proof that gen parts were used).

My newly waterproofed watch is running like a top now.

Needless to say, he's earned a loyal customer out of me.

Thank you
It was pleasure to work with You

Reactions: KJ2020

EM9

01000101 01001101 00111001
Supporter
Certified
7/8/18
28.3772° N, 81.5707° W
Another A+ for Mike. He recently serviced my 16610. The communication, work and shipping we're all excellent. I'm 100% satisfied.

Reactions: KJ2020

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Mike serviced my noob 116500’s 4130 movement, installed gen hands and gen crystal and swapped in a cf bezel.

He supplied timegrapher test results, along with waterproof test results to 10atm. The watch was packaged carefully, the takeoff parts were returned, along with the gen packaging. Beginning to end the process was done in under two weeks.

This was my first gen mod and makes me look forward to my next. (Anyone have gen iwc or breitling parts?
Thanks
misiekped

Reactions: EM9

thanoswasright

Horology Curious
23/9/19
Mike recently serviced my zzf v2 hulk, replacing the hands and dw with gen parts I acquired.

was fully transparent with the timeline and did a great job. The watch now is +1 sec, running great.

I would trust him with any project he is willing to do.

Mrj858

Known Member
30/7/13
Had a My 116710 serviced by Mike it stared life as a Noob BK with a full Gen bezel assembly and decided to take it up a few notches and add some Gen upgrades (Gen Dial,Hands,DW and crown) along with a VR3186/3185 movement with a Gen ratchet wheel and Gen hour jumping module installed....Contacted Mike and he was beyond helpful with how to get it started with parts he had and parts I needed to complete the job..Sent the watch off and he was very transparent about the timeline and to my surprise was completed way beyond schedule! Watch was sent back Very well packaged and all swapped parts retuned with a time graph and water testing print out...A++++ service all future repairs or mods will be down by him! Thanks again!!

SLBiv

Looking Around
2/2/15
Mike repaired the stuck date on my new Noob submariner. He also replaced the old crystal which had a crooked cyclops. Quick turnaround and great communication. Highly recommended. Thanks again.

Mrj858

Known Member
30/7/13
Mike serviced an ARF Datejust I picked up for the wife and had him install a Gen DW and he offered a Gen Crown and few other fixes that needed fixing and of course knocked it out of the park! My Go to Guy! Thanks again!