• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Work reviews

MachineGunT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/18
Idaho
Hi, I have a ARF DSSD you put a few gen parts in for me and tuned it up. I need to get it back to you for repair but lost your address. Could you let me know where I can send it.

thank you,
Troy

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
June 17 exactly - I answer to you, then you went Mia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JG0523

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
Mike did a fantastic job with my franken 126300. He swapped gen dial, crystal, and bezel for me, and did waterproof tests, and I got it back in less than a week. Excellent work and highly recommended.

BoulderJ

7/5/21
I just received my Daytona back from Mike today. His work is outstanding!

I am new at the rep game, so wasn't entirely sure about my mod choices. Mike was very good at responding to my many questions and making recommendations along the way. In addition, his knowledge and skills are first rate. When you don't know that much yourself, it's great to have an expert who can not only make recommendations, but execute them as well.

Highly recommended.

- Jack

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Thank you Jack
Enjoy the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
My 126610 VSF has been my daily driver for months, Mike serviced the VS3235 movement for me and I've been wearing it continuously for the last week and the watch has been working amazing, winding the watch with the crown has been super smooth. For all my fellow Canadians, I highly recommend sending Mike your watches for service, repair, mods etc. :D

jiXNRk.jpg

16520A

Horology Curious
11/11/08
Action speaks louder than words. That's what you get with Mike. I'm also the same and it's rare you expect the quality of work you imagine in your head come to life.

He serviced my noob 116500, shaved and installed an arf dial to perfection and installed gen spec hands. Simply amazing. Looking forward to use your skills again and again.

scottr

22/8/12
Mike serviced and waterproofed my Tudor. We had perfect communications and the work was just as everyone else has said...outstanding!
Mike, thank you for your help, you will be getting more work from me.

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
I just received my superfranken 116610 back from Mike after a service to the VR3135 and stem and gasket install job. Wow, just wow! First, communication was excellent.....fast, concise replies to my questions. He let me know about an issue with the watch that I was unaware of (someone had installed a few SH3135 parts in my VR3135) and he replaced them with VR parts at no cost! He also took the time to inspect the gen parts and found that the crown wasn't gen, despite being represented as gen. And, finally, the service to the movement resulted in this watch winding perfectly....better than the day that I received it. Mike is definitely an asset to this forum and the members and is a superior horologist that I can recommend without hesitation.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I've had at least a dozen watches either serviced or extensively modded by watchservicesny aka @misiekped over the years. Mike and I go way back maybe 7-8 years now...he's done everything from simple pressure tests to full super frankens with gen Cal. 3135 transplants for me.

You will not find a more meticulous, detail oriented or consistent watchmaker than this man.

Last edited:

hammondd2000

Horology Curious
14/1/20
Just received my super Franken watch back from him today.. an I can't stop smiling, he truly has a great talent an now my watch collection is complete an I feel so classy!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Mike did a number of builds for me years ago. His work is amazing. Too bad he’s across the pond for me.

With most other watchmakers/modders, the watch generally comes back with something not quite right....there is a scratch on the hands, the gasket isn’t sitting properly, poor finishing etc etc ...subtle little things, that given you waited 3months and paid 100s, you’d expect more care and attention from the modder.

but with Mike the job is always PERFECT.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

baetona

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/20

Just finished building this beauty with Mike. I don’t have much to say as everyone already knows how Mike’s work is. In addition to his quality work, he is always honest and takes care of his clients. I feel thankful to have him here. Thank you Mike.

cgandxo

Horology Curious
21/7/16
Most reviews here of watchservicesny are about clients receiving Mike's work immediately after service. It's been a around 9 months after having engaged with Mike's services.

I purchased what I believed was a NOOB 4130 locally and immediately sent it off to Mike for service after the watch failed on me a few days after purchase. Browsing the forums for dealers that can service NOOB 4130's, there are pretty limited options when it comes to expertise and know-how. Being able to service a 4130 is a real skill since the movement's at a similar level to a genuine movement, minus things like the parachrom hairspring, etc. After having spent some time evaluating and researching several watchsmiths locally and on the forums, I decided to send my watch off to Mike. The thought process was In the end, if I was replacing the watch it would have needed to be serviced eventually anyways - might as well get it done right.

Plot twist: Upon receiving my watch and after quick inspection, Mike noticed the watch I sent him was actually an "Asian 7550 Movement". Well...that complicates things. Feeling embarrassed for sending Mike the wrong watch, I apologized to Mike for unknowingly having purchased a misrepresented item. Truthfully, there were suspicions going on in my head of whether Mike would have "switched" movements from the one I sent him and told me that I sent him the incorrect one. At this point, I could have easily just taken the watch back and canceled my relationship with Mike to "cut my losses", but at the same time - like many of you, I'm an enthusiast in our hobby and wanted to be part of the "chase" that many of us pursue.

Against what my emotions were feeling, I decided to take my chances and double-down with Mike by ordering a Noob 4130 from a TD and having it sent directly to him. In a not-so-nice world, the downside of me doubling down would have resulted in Mike "scamming" me for not one, but for two watches. The first watch could have been a "real 4130", and the second could be "lost" in transit. I'm sure many of you understand that in this hobby we engage in, there are usually no guarantees and that one's word is often bond when it comes to these types of transactions.

A few weeks went by where I began tracking the watch obsessively to see if it arrived at Mike's yet, on the day of expected delivery we met another challenge. Tracking on the package was showing something along the lines of "Returning to Sender"; a logistic nightmare I thought. I reached out to Mike on the situation, and a few hours later he informed me that was able to receive the watch despite my own efforts with trying to work with the carrier to understand the situation.

From here on out, everything was very smooth - working with Mike you'll come to realize that he is short with words but effective and efficient with communication. To a beginner or a first-timer, this may come off as rude or with a lack of care, I would encourage anyone that has these feelings to see past any of these perceived sentiments. Mike sent me a few pictures of the watch as he finished his full-service, and over the next couple of weeks I received both watches from Mike along with various replaced parts we discussed on upgrading throughout the process.

Receiving both watches and having them side by side, it's clear that my initial doubts were completely misplaced. After seeing and feeling the final product in person - winding the crown was buttery smooth, and it's completely erased any doubts I've had about Mike throughout the process. Rather than deciding to share this review immediately after receiving the watches, I wanted to see whether my impressions would change after having had the watch for a few months.

Happy to report back that the watch serviced by Mike has been my daily driver for around 9 months, everything functions the way the same as when it arrived (Including the chrono, which I use on a daily basis). Accuracy parallels the Rolex standard (+/- 2) a day, power reserve is excellent reaching 65+ hours no issues, and the watch continues to make me smile. Throughout this process, given the entire situation - It's also given the watch more character on how it came to be, and a reminder that there's still good left in this world.

Mike, I wanted to thank you again for your service and patience - looking forward to working with you again. For those on the fence, there's no reason to hesitate.

Last edited:

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
9d2954b51fefc4e66139505509b3c6d1.jpg

Very pleased with [mention]watchservicesny [/mention] services. Great communication with a realistic timeline of completion, photos of service, and return shipment was quick & packaged securely.

Highly recommend!

Reactions: wolfiqar

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I received my IWC doa from the td and I was frustrated because it is not a standard movement, it is a clone movement and I knew it would be difficult to find someone local to service it.

I emailed Mike and he was extremely responsive and he was willing to work on it. A few days after he received the watch he sent me a video that indicated that the issue it was fixed. A few days later it was back on my wrist and working perfectly.

I know he says not to have high expectations but he exceeded any expectations I ever had in this industry by a long shot. What a pleasure this whole experience was!

Thanks Mike!

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
743254b20788e9eb669b9c1af8864318.jpg

Just got this back from New York
Looks amazing :)

Specs:
VSF Base
Gen Crystal
Gen Hands
Gen Datewheel
Gen Crown and Tube
Full Movement Service

Thanks M!

Reactions: mandipan

tech

umanami
9/5/06

A huge thanks to Mike at NY Watch Services. I had my Noob 4130 that I just picked up from one of the TDs running at less than 4 hours of power reserve. I asked for a movement service and just wanted to report how pleased I am. Fast, responsive comms with Mike to get some TLC. My watch is now running with a phenomenal power reserve of 65 hours...Mike provides VIP service once again! Thanks so much!