• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping delay

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
I don't doubt Harleysta has skills, and he never asked for any money to repair the faulty returned watch. Please be sure I don't mean any harm here, others will judge and I'm only factual. He has always been nice through messages and all, but maybe too much work has an effect on quality or managment of his services I don't know. This is no complaining, I'd had speak to him 1rst in private if I wanted to do so, but relating my experience may help others to decide what to do with their watches. As today it's a pity but I'm not gonna be sending watches to him again.

To whom it may concern.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I agree with everything you wrote, friend! I've been thinking a lot about it before writing this review, because since my watches were supposed to be ready in august, why shouldn't he have shipped them back, I wanted to use them, so I decided that, if I hadn't got them back within october, I would have asked for the moderators help. Obviously, I'd prefer having got my watches back in a reasonable time and working correctly, now I would be writing a positive review. By the way, I actually promised the watchmaker, as he has always been kind and friendly, I would have posted a positive review after the watches were repaired and improved.

I have no reason to go on criticizing now, watches have been received and the issue resolved, I advise others to act the same, even if they had bigger problems. Fighting makes no sense.

Moreover and last thing, it looks like there's a small coalition in the Italian section agaist this watchmaker and on another watchmaker's side. I saw a few too much enthusiastic threads that slightly sounds like a subliminal promotion. Every fool who has followed the dispute and their participants can easily realize it. And now you can be pretty sure I'm not a supporter of either of them at all!

Guys, there's room for everybody, there are millios of users here and works, services and moddings for every watchmaker. Stop that fight and let good "old" Kilowattore moderate in peace! :)

I won't talk about that anymore, though.

Bye!

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
This sums up perfectly your attitude towards your customers.

They are nothing but an inconvenience, an irritation that you merely tolerate in order to receive your fees.

I guess ANYONE would’ve react like this when someone keeps posting the same meme over and over into every single thread where he can find Harley’s name.

Moreover and last thing, it looks like there's a small coalition in the Italian section agaist this watchmaker and on another watchmaker's side. I saw a few too much enthusiastic threads that slightly sounds like a subliminal promotion. Every fool who has followed the dispute and their participants can easily realize it. And now you can be pretty sure I'm not a supporter of either of them at all!

Bye!

Man, almost everyone and his dog realized that by now. LOL
I’m glad some people still have eyes, and know how to use them

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I guess ANYONE would’ve react like this when someone keeps posting the same meme over and over into every single thread where he can find Harley’s name.

What exactly are you saying ?

Because some one was GOING to post that meme , he decided to ignore staff and his customers for a week ? (actually more than that )

That meme was posted after both tripdog and i tried to get him to answer .

He had read this thread well before it was posted , yet decided to ignore us ....

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
What exactly are you saying ?

Because some one was GOING to post that meme , he decided to ignore staff and his customers for a week ? (actually more than that )

That meme was posted after both tripdog and i tried to get him to answer .

He had read this thread well before it was posted , yet decided to ignore us ....

Not trying to justify anyone for not answering. He may have had his reasons (or maybe not, but that’s none of my business) and I’m not going to comment on that, not knowing the reason why.

That meme was posted into at least 4 different threads by the same user and for the same reason. Well before this thread was even started..

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Not trying to justify anyone for not answering. He may have had his reasons (or maybe not, but that’s none of my business) and I’m not going to comment on that, not knowing the reason why.

That meme was posted into at least 4 different threads by the same user and for the same reason. Well before this thread was even started..

Was that Meme reported ?

Cause i check the reports a few times a day , and i never saw any mention of it , and if it wasnt reported , and thats the reason he ignores moderators and customers , thats a piss poor excuse .....

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Was that Meme reported ?

Cause i check the reports a few times a day , and i never saw any mention of it , and if it wasnt reported , and thats the reason he ignores moderators and customers , thats a piss poor excuse .....

I can’t tell why he didn’t answered before. I can only guess he was busy with the new shop opening, who got delayed by our government because of corona’s second wave, mixed to the shitload of jobs he usually had to carry on and could’t because of this. I know Harley personally, and those are hard times here in Italy. We all know that.

Mine was sort of an explanation for why he called “idiot” an user, not the reason why he wasn’t answering here.

I’m off, as said before this is none of my business and none of anyone posting memes over and over with the only intent of let someone down.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I can only guess he was busy with the new shop opening, who got delayed by our government because of corona’s second wave, mixed to the shitload of jobs he usually had to carry on and could’t because of this. I know Harley personally, and those are hard times here in Italy. We all know that.

Not too busy to read the thread , just too busy to type a response .......... Got ya

Reactions: Fraflo87

hizack

Patron
Certified
12/1/09
Italy
Guys, I think we are losing the focus here, it is nothing against anyone of pro anyone else. These are facts:
1) In my opinion, being an authorized watch smith here is a privilege, released by the forum admins, this privilege is chosen evaluating more candidates (at least I suppose it works like that), so you should be grateful and professional.
2) if you ask big money for your activities (of course you have the rights to do it), you must give the best possible service and communication around.
3) We are users, we must give feedback, this is the purpose of the forum.
4) the OP, without opening this thread, was never able to solve alone.

If this issue seems now solved, the facts remains. If you are opening your new shop, if you have (recurring, I’m afraid) personal issue or whatever, you must stop your business and let your (stupid or idiot) customer known.
If you solve the issue after months (mostly giving money back) and only after the forum intervention this not means that affected people must be happy and just shut up.

The only “faction” I see here is between people that are happy of other watch smith and people that are correctly giving evidence of a wrong job. No friendly lawyer, no friendly sponsorship are needed to defend anyone, only the facts.

Btw, I remember that sometimes we call “scammer” people with less errors and without a professional profile (remember, a pro makes money here).

Just my two cents...
Peace and love

Reactions: Fraflo87

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Agreed. Anyone can go through tough times, Harley told me about his shop project, Covid does not help, and whatever it is else, who knows what can keep you out of your focus as a professionnal watchsmith. Still, these matters may be an explanation, but not an excuse regarding the service to be sold to a client.

That being said, many members here have been happy with his work (Harley's been recommanded to me at first). If my experience is more negative than positive today, I hope he can sort things out for the best, and I hope to read positive comments about his work again soon.

Last edited:

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Agreed. Anyone can go through tough times, Harley told me about his shop project, Covid does not help, and whatever it is else, who knows what can keep you out of your focus as a professionnal watchsmith. Still, these matters may be an explanation, but not an excuse regarding the service to be sold to a client.

That being said, many members here have been happy with his work (Harley's been recommanded to me at first). If my experience is more negative than positive today, I hope he can sort things out for the best, and I hope to read positive comments about his work again soon.

Watches are working good as for now! I hope the same!

Anaanis

Known Member
11/5/22
From the moon, I watch
I am sorry to dig out this old thread, but can harvey still or again be considered as a trusted watchsmith. If yes - a comment in this thread about his current status would help I think (and worst case have him removed from the Watchmakers list? Cheers.

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Of course he can, his skills are not to be discussed. All the watchmakers are overbooked in this period as I can see, so we need patience, that is one of the most important parts of this hobby. I had this inconvenience that may happen with everyone, but just concerning time, I recommend his work! :)

Reactions: Anaanis