• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping delay

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Hi,

I have an issue with trusted watchmaker Harleysta91, I'm very sorry to post this review but after many requests and messages I don't see another option.
I bought an Aquanaut here m2m and it got broken after a few days, seller said it was due to transport, I follow the rules, accept the no warranty sale and with doubts I took it for true.
I sent the watch to Harleysta91 to be repaired, I had it back and paid but the watch broke up again for the same problem, touching hands.
I sent it back in warranty and I got it back with the same problem unsolved.
The third time, I sent the watch together with an Air King I wanted to be serviced and try to reduce the 20 seconds loss per day. I got the two watches back, I paid the service but the Aquanaut still had the same problem and the Air King was losing many seconds per hour.
I send them back in warranty in July another time, he said the problems had now been fixed and watches were ready, I asked him to send them back but, after three months and many requests, he hasn't sent them yet.
He always says he's busy and he will send the next week, I believe him but I've been asking him for shipment every Monday for a month and now I need to know what's going on with my watches. Did he lose them? Are they unrepairable? I know they are reps, I know they can break and sometimes they can not be repaired, I don't want my money back if he tried and could not repair them, I just want my watches back.
I think he's a good watchmaker, I've always been kind and patient, I trusted him despite some detractors, I had a friendly exchange of messages and opinions with him, everything good but know I want my watches, I practically never worn the Aquanaut, I also want to sell one of them to finance another watch, I need them back right now! It's easy, if they are ready you send them to me and we close this issue, it'll take you 2 minutes to make the box and ship the watches!
Waiting for kind reply! Thank you!

Best regards,

Matojo

ps: since this is a public review I won't answer to private messages, complaints, apologies or whatever from the trusted watchmaker, every private message will be forwarded here. I'm sorry it came down to this my friend. Send those watches once and for all!

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Thank you moderator, hope this will be solved soon, it's very easy to do it!

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
He called me today and said watches are working fine and ready to be shipped on monday. I consider him a good watchmaker but this happens when you accept too many works. My advise for him and for every trusted watchmaker here is to always communicate how much time it'll take before starting the work on our watches and so make an appointment for the shipping week. There's no need to ship today if you're going to repair it after 3 months!

I consider this issue almost solved, waiting for my working watches!

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Harleysta91

You've read this thread, but didn't reply.

If you want to irritate me then you are doing everything perfectly.

Let me explain something about the way RWI operates.

You were graciously given the position of a Supporting Vendor here, claiming you are a fully trained watchmaker.

You quite obviously make a living from the members of this forum, so when something goes wrong for one of your customers - a member of this forum, you need to react, especially if a member of staff asks you directly for an explanation.

And whilst we're here, I'd love to hear you explain to me why you charge 100 euros to fix a 'touching hands' problem on an Aquanaut (I won't mention the 50 euros you charge to 're-align' the rehaut, which involves the arduous and complex task of loosening screws and rotating the dial & movement assembly slightly).
Touching hands on a watch is a very basic problem with a very basic solution, yet you charge 100 euros to fix it - and you had to make 3 attempts to get it right. There may even have to be a 4th attempt as the watches still need to be returned to their owner after 3 months of waiting.

I also noticed in a recent sales thread you charged somebody 200 euros to service a 40 euros movement. Most people - qualified watchmakers in particular - would have told the customer that this doesn't make financial sense.

But not you.

Reactions: Fraflo87

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So to re-cap.

You needed 3 attempts at fixing a touching hands issue on a watch - the watch being shipped to the customer, then shipped back to you each time, replaced the mainspring and serviced the movement on another watch which was losing 5 minutes a day, and after your work it was losing 20 minutes a day.

3 months later you still haven't returned the watches, it took a Helpdesk ticket and the intervention of a Mod to get you to react.

Last Saturday you promised your Customer that you would ship on Monday, when the customer still hadn't received the watches or any news from you on Wednesday he contacted you, asking for a tracking number.

One hour later (on Wednesday) you replied with a tracking number - a tracking number that had just been created, 10 minutes before your message.

And you still haven't replied to this thread which is the review section of your very own Sub-Forum.

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
So to re-cap.

You needed 3 attempts at fixing a touching hands issue on a watch - the watch being shipped to the customer, then shipped back to you each time, replaced the mainspring and serviced the movement on another watch which was losing 5 minutes a day, and after your work it was losing 20 minutes a day.

3 months later you still haven't returned the watches, it took a Helpdesk ticket and the intervention of a Mod to get you to react.

Last Saturday you promised your Customer that you would ship on Monday, when the customer still hadn't received the watches or any news from you on Wednesday he contacted you, asking for a tracking number.

One hour later (on Wednesday) you replied with a tracking number - a tracking number that had just been created, 10 minutes before your message.

And you still haven't replied to this thread which is the review section of your very own Sub-Forum.

Everything correct and about the Air King, the watch before service was losing 20 seconds a day, a quite normally working rep. I asked for service by my own will just to reduce the 20 secs loss, that was the main aim. After the service was losing 20 seconds a minute! So even worse, but maybe it may happen with reps, I'm not an expert and don't have the knowledge to accuse, don't even want to do it. I just wanted my watches back.

Watches result in transit now after yesterday's reminder and tracking number request.

Watches have been both declared correctly working, but this is another matter.

As for now, I say thank you very much to Tripdog and moderators staff who helped me and give this a boost when it looked like neverending and, sometimes, a joke!

Always go for trusted dealers, trusted watchmakers, approved sales if you want to have this precious assistance in cases like this!

Thank you guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: FREEWIFI

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
maybe it may happen with reps, I'm not an expert and don't have the knowledge to accuse, don't even want to do it. I just wanted my watches back.

I mean I accepted the variuos attempts and even the possibility that there was no way to repair, on the other hand I didn't accept the time it took and the really too many times he said he would ship and didn't. I clearly told him to take all the necessary time to verify that the watches were fixed up before shipping them back, but 3 months is way too much! His ways have always been friendly and I'm sorry I had to contact a moderator, but seems there was no other way.

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
My review was an attempt to have my watches back. Of course, I'd like to have them working fine, at least better than before since I paid.

If not, obviuosly I don't know if I'll send them back to him in warranty again, because that would be the 4th time for the Aquanaut and the 3rd for the Airking.

However, I don't want this review to discredit him so please let this remain between me, him and the moderators.

I know other people had issues like mine and surely many more others were happy with his works.

I had an issue and now it's solved, tracking says watches are in delivery.

Fighting will get us nowhere!

Last edited:

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Harleysta91

You've read this thread, but didn't reply.

If you want to irritate me then you are doing everything perfectly.

Let me explain something about the way RWI operates.

You were graciously given the position of a Supporting Vendor here, claiming you are a fully trained watchmaker.

You quite obviously make a living from the members of this forum, so when something goes wrong for one of your customers - a member of this forum, you need to react, especially if a member of staff asks you directly for an explanation.

And whilst we're here, I'd love to hear you explain to me why you charge 100 euros to fix a 'touching hands' problem on an Aquanaut (I won't mention the 50 euros you charge to 're-align' the rehaut, which involves the arduous and complex task of loosening screws and rotating the dial & movement assembly slightly).
Touching hands on a watch is a very basic problem with a very basic solution, yet you charge 100 euros to fix it - and you had to make 3 attempts to get it right. There may even have to be a 4th attempt as the watches still need to be returned to their owner after 3 months of waiting.

I also noticed in a recent sales thread you charged somebody 200 euros to service a 40 euros movement. Most people - qualified watchmakers in particular - would have told the customer that this doesn't make financial sense.

But not you.

In the two payments I sent him as proved, there was also a silenced rotor on a Panerai Carbotech I bought in May, I'm sorry I forgot that work between many sendings, it doesn't change much, though but needed to be mentioned. A correct price breakdown will be given by the watchmaker when he will reply. Thank you!

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Watches received right now but still waiting for an answer from the watchmaker as asked by moderatores.

Last edited:

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
I do not have to give any explanation to anyone for my price list, every watchmaker of this forum makes his prices and gives his services.
I run a watchmaking shop, I pay bills and this means my prices has to be higher than someone else who works in a garage. I make QUOTES before doing any job, and if the customer's not ok with them, he's free to have his piece serviced wherever he/she likes.

Regarding the "financially inconvenient", this is opinable. Some people likes to have a serviced movement, with a warranty, instead of a brand new chinese one.
Service cost is based on time needed to do the job, regardless a movement is 30 or 3000€.

Last edited:

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
i would kindly appreciate from the moderators to stop or slow down this user who is shitposting everywhere and undermining my work. especially since it has been reimbursed and has already complained enough. I always try to avoid responding to his "works" because I consider him an idiot, and I ask that his campaign against me end now.

Dufan

7/10/18
Harleysta91 jhow dare you call me an idiot? are these users of the forum who have also been your customers? I allowed myself to laugh at the misfortune you caused the author of the post. what's male? and I told him that I understand him to comfort him since unfortunately I went through it before him with you. take care and don't let me offend me anymore.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I'm sorry to step in this thread, as it's not mine but as embarassing as it is I must hereby stand that I've been through the same type of problems as OP here, and I feel the same as him toward the watchsmith.
I don't want to take Harley down here, and before all I must say that I got my watches back, all in working order, but not without ups and downs...

To summarize I sent him 2 watches in February : a Noob PAM for service and an AP Diver V7 for a Prof Xstal install. Watches came back after 3 weeks or so. The PAM, no worries, still works very fine today. But the Diver...

1. Came back with broken inner bezel mechanism.
2. Sent the watch right away for repair, early March.
3. After many messages and many weeks, I asked him to send it back (I was willing to deal with the repair elsewhere), but I agreed to wait, and finally got the watch back... mid July. Almost 5 months after.
4. I put the watch on sale in August, the day after, and my buyer found out on arrival that the time can't be set on the watch. So I refund him, sent the watch again to Harley, and got it on the 15th of October, to see it finally working properly...

I'm sorry, but I can't be happy with such a service. On top of that, and added to the rest that's what bugs me the most, the watch bezel's been marked, it's may even been switched for another as the marks kinda changed in the process, and the 12 o'clock lume has some dirt on it.

I don't doubt Harleysta has skills, and he never asked for any money to repair the faulty returned watch. Please be sure I don't mean any harm here, others will judge and I'm only factual. He has always been nice through messages and all, but maybe too much work has an effect on quality or managment of his services I don't know. This is no complaining, I'd had speak to him 1rst in private if I wanted to do so, but relating my experience may help others to decide what to do with their watches.

To whom it may concern.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: