• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oascom's work review section

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hey guys,

Here you can share your review and feedback about my work.

Thanks !

Last edited:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I'd like to be the first one, if I may, to leave a review in your new section.

Since day one, for me, Pat has been a great asset to this forum, an institution of his own.

I think the first watch I ever sent him was a JTime PanAm 6542, needed a full service, new crystal... Pat did it all in less than a week and for an affordable price. The watch came back better than ever.

Then, he took in my "I bought it for cheap and needs TLC" BP SD4K that had a movement that looked like it was buried in dust and dirt. Today, it's the second best running watch in my collection.

Third, he took in my Omega Aqua Terra build that I just sold not too long ago. The watch needed a lot of TLC: a new crown, a new movement, movement holder modding to fit the new crown. Pat was thoughtful in his pricing when we realized we needed a whole new movement and I chose a new SWISS ETA 2892.

Fourth and last: He took in my old stock BP Explorer II. The watch had horrible PR and was running weirdly. Pat actually stripped down the movement and realized it just wasn't a good movement. He also realized the hands stack was too high so the second hand would get stuck on the crystal, so that's why it would stop running. Pat took a brand new movement from his stock, outfitted it with the GMT modules, then modified and trimmed the seconds hand so it would not rub against the crystal. Pat was very thoughtful in choosing a new movement, he chose the cleanest he had so it would save ME money. He installed it, regulated it, did all his magic. The watch has not lost a SINGLE SECOND in time since I got it back. How, if you mind my candor, fucking amazing is that?

Every watch I have sent him has gone in looking like a wreck and has returned to me looking like if I had just picked it up from a genuine authorized dealer. Sometimes, I have been the cause for the watches being a wreck.

He packages his watches with a nice microfiber cloth and a lens wipe to keep them clean. He also protects the crystal with a plastic sticker when shipping.

I might be biased when I write because I consider him a friend other than my personal watchmaker. I won his giveaway tools that I use almost daily. So, biased? Maybe. But, my experiences are all true.

He was there when I received an actual genuine franken 16610 and it was he who said "that's no rep, that's a gen 3135."

He's currently pissed at me because I have stolen two watches from him on the M2M, but, that's part of our bromance. That's why his quote of calling me "mcbigmac" is on my signature currently.

Pat is amazing and a master at what he does, but not only that, he's fair in his pricing. But most importantly, he's a friend.

Congrats on your own section.

Last edited:

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
^ +100 to mclarendude statements above. Pat has serviced almost all of my reps at this point - has always been willing to help troubleshoot a problem and be honest and transparent about pricing. Turnaround is reasonable and communication is good. Don’t hesitate to do business with him!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Took the liberty of moving & sticking this topic in your feedback subforum :)

Reactions: Oascom

iforgettopee

Horology Curious
4/5/20
USA
This thread is too quiet... I'm not normally one to write reviews and I'm new around here, but OASCOM deserves another positive review.

I sent my new Noob V10 3135 clone Submariner for a service and waterproofing. I chose OASCOM bc I enjoyed going through all the photos he posts of his work.
PM'd him to get info and instructions. Sent off the watch for servicing and got my watch back today. Whole process took about 3 weeks.
Everything went smoothly and looking forward to sending another watch for a similar service and waterproofing.

It was my first replica watch and first time having a mechanical watch serviced.

Thanks Patryk for providing this service!

GMTfn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
Patrick serviced my rolex rep after I noticed a few issues upon receipt from a trusted TD. He did a great job and I'm happy to recommend his services to other forum members. He was great communicating and very responsive, plus his prices are very fair. A few learnings I can share especially for fellow noobs such as me, first be patient (easier said than done, trust me I know), but these watchmakers are juggling a job, life and on top of that they provide this service. Second, understand that if you send a rep expectations cannot be the same as if it was a gen, having said that don't hesitate to reach out to Patrick. Thanks again oascom!

Agloomp

Certified
30/7/20
I purchased a Noob V10 as my first rep and because it was on sale. When it arrived, the rotor had come loose and it sounded horrendous, the nontrusted dealer told me that the sound was normal then offered to repair it if I could ship in back to China. Not wanting to ship the watch back to China, I sent it to Pat. Pat did a wonderful job servicing my watch and reattaching the rotor. Additionally, he tested the waterproofing which thankfully passed.

I recommended Pat's work to the friend who introduced me to replica watches and I believe he has been in contact as well.

I very recently purchased an ARF Datejust V3 in Blue, from TrustyTime, and am excited to send a Gen Datewheel and Crystal to Pat to install.

In short, I would wholeheartedly recommend Pat's work due to its caliber, his responsiveness and competitive pricing.

RRC95

Horology Curious
31/8/20
Just received my rep back from Pat, and he provided excellent service. The whole process went smooth, and I would highly recommend him. I will be sending all of my new reps to him for service. Thanks again Pat!

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Just had two delivered, sitting in the mailbox waiting for me to get home! Pics looked great can’t wait to see in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Noob 126710BLRO Build
Started off with finding a proper base for the build which was picked up in our M2M sale section from AgentPena. Ended up winning Marvin’s auction and took the $$ voucher prize that Patryk donated along with an unique Gshock. So I decided to search and yes I asked around via PM’s Thanks KJ2020,@srhoque and others for your help, for gen parts that would bring this build to the next level.
Sent over to Patryk
Noob 126710blro case, jubilee, bezel and insert.
Had him service a new VR3186, upgrade to auto-device, gen hour jump gear, gen date wheel, gen crystal, gen tube, gen crown and gen hands might be a few things I’m missing lol.

Patryk has been a pleasure to work with even during these times and his own. He understands what can and needs to be done, you can really get a feel for his passion and enthusiasm in this hobby! Being my first deal and sending a high value of parts to someone I just online lol , I can tell you he’s trustworthy and treats all as if his own! Thanks RWI for having such an member and community!
Finished product,
f4a58b6533020fdc134228e23137bc18.jpg

4475b0182a7f41b397803d7122a045b8.jpg

3754c0e1c965020be775752fb9344a91.jpg

ongwoeiteck

Horology Curious
15/6/20
Noob 126710BLRO Build
Started off with finding a proper base for the build which was picked up in our M2M sale section from AgentPena. Ended up winning Marvin’s auction and took the $$ voucher prize that Patryk donated along with an unique Gshock. So I decided to search and yes I asked around via PM’s Thanks KJ2020,@srhoque and others for your help, for gen parts that would bring this build to the next level.
Sent over to Patryk
Noob 126710blro case, jubilee, bezel and insert.
Had him service a new VR3186, upgrade to auto-device, gen hour jump gear, gen date wheel, gen crystal, gen tube, gen crown and gen hands might be a few things I’m missing lol.

Patryk has been a pleasure to work with even during these times and his own. He understands what can and needs to be done, you can really get a feel for his passion and enthusiasm in this hobby! Being my first deal and sending a high value of parts to someone I just online lol , I can tell you he’s trustworthy and treats all as if his own! Thanks RWI for having such an member and community!
Finished product,
f4a58b6533020fdc134228e23137bc18.jpg

4475b0182a7f41b397803d7122a045b8.jpg

3754c0e1c965020be775752fb9344a91.jpg

Hi Bro, where did you order the watch? It looks almost 1-1 alike.

Reactions: Tione12

fu-ranch

22/5/20
Montana - USA
Pat replaced the movement in my SD43 that I had mangled up. He was easy to communicate with and had the watch done quite quickly and in line with his quoted price. The watch looks and runs great! I would definitely rely on his expertise and workmanship again!

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
Patryk is GREAT!

Watch: VSF Submariner V2 with VS3135

So what happened was that the manual winding gears was not swinging to mate when I turn the crown. One thing led to another and before I knew it, the head of the screw broke off. This problem is so extremely small that I thought there was no way it can be fixed...

I was prepared to just live life with no manual winding.. That is until TD Trusty told me about Patryk.

I sent it off to Patryk along with the parts, and before I knew it, it was done and on the way back!

I got it back in the mail yesterday and It was working great! totally amazing. It came back in a little box with filling, with a printout, a business card, a bubble wrap bag, inside another box.

Such an amazing job! THANK YOU PATRYK !
ZaeJwn.jpg
ZaexYE.jpg
ZaeG8F.jpg
ZaeS7t.jpg
Zaeb32.jpg
ZaeVc3.jpg
Zaegis.jpg

Last edited: