Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Worried About Strodda...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by jg3456 View Post

    Do you have any basis of fact to reinforce this (knowing and having worked with Strodda for many years - surely baseless ) assertion??!!



    Sent from the RWI App
    Yes, he had his Supporting Vendor status removed because staff got tired of dealing with HelpDesk Tickets which had been raised by customers of his.

    So no, not 'baseless'.

    Comment


      #17
      HelpDesk tickets are one thing (I know he can take a long time to complete his quality work) and this makes sense, but keeping the watches that are sent to him is an entirely different thing that I'm certain he's never done/would do. Hopefully he responds to OPs concerns and works this out.

      Grateful for all you and other Moderators do for this forum.

      Comment


        #18
        He has always come through for me and I just talked to him a couple days ago. Lagunax has also had very good service from him. He did say he had the covid shot and it kicked his ass, So perhaps he has fallen behind a little
        WTB: OMEGA PLOPROF WHITE DIAL VERSION and MILLE METRI hinged lug

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Thrasher View Post
          He has always come through for me and I just talked to him a couple days ago. Lagunax has also had very good service from him. He did say he had the covid shot and it kicked his ass, So perhaps he has fallen behind a little
          Hey, thanks for passing that on and to all vouching for me here. For the first time last night, I got a good night sleep, so fingers crossed Im back to normal.

          I cannot argue that over the years, I was not always the best at responding to messages in a timely manner, and it is constantly something I am working on.

          To the member on the first page waiting for the seamaster, I believe I know what watch youre referring to, and I am still waiting for the crystal. My work, as far as servicing the movement, has been completed months ago(as I had mentioned to you). I will reach out again and see what the status is on the crystal, but I by no means have any intention of keeping your watch... nor have I ever kept any member's watch, ever.

          I am sure Im not perfect, but I was not aware of current issues when I stepped down from having vendor status. Both of the main pages in my previous section had nothing but positive reviews. But to all those that were not satisfied with the work I competed, I do apologize, and again, I am always doing my best to improve daily.

          Thank you to all members and RWI staff for giving me the opportunity they did.

          Comment


            #20
            I never had a moment's doubt. You do amazing work.

            Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

            So much want.

            Comment


              #21
              Well guys I have some good news.. Strodda got back to me today with photos of all the work completed, and said he will be shipping it back to me Tuesday at the latest. The watch arrived in his PO box middle of last month, so assuming it actually comes back on Tuesday I would say thats a pretty good turnaround. Will keep everyone updated in the coming days, very excited to be getting my watch back.


              Sent from the RWI App

              Comment


                #22
                Great to hear - Strodda is the man .. amazing work , always worth the wait!


                Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Strodda View Post

                  Hey, thanks for passing that on and to all vouching for me here. For the first time last night, I got a good night sleep, so fingers crossed Im back to normal.

                  I cannot argue that over the years, I was not always the best at responding to messages in a timely manner, and it is constantly something I am working on.

                  To the member on the first page waiting for the seamaster, I believe I know what watch youre referring to, and I am still waiting for the crystal. My work, as far as servicing the movement, has been completed months ago(as I had mentioned to you). I will reach out again and see what the status is on the crystal, but I by no means have any intention of keeping your watch... nor have I ever kept any member's watch, ever.

                  I am sure Im not perfect, but I was not aware of current issues when I stepped down from having vendor status. Both of the main pages in my previous section had nothing but positive reviews. But to all those that were not satisfied with the work I competed, I do apologize, and again, I am always doing my best to improve daily.

                  Thank you to all members and RWI staff for giving me the opportunity they did.
                  hey bud, I also reached out to you regarding my two watches that are with you for 15month now lol - let me know pls

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Strodda Glad that you got vaccinated. Take care of yourself bro. I’ll send you some work this summer!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Well everyone, Tuesday has come and gone. It is now Wednesday afternoon and I am back to not hearing anything. I was told that the watch would ship out to me Tuesday at the latest, and offered to pay generously for that to happen. Sent a couple messages on Monday requesting that he allow me to pay for the service but there is no payment gateway open for me to do so on his website. Guess I will go back to tapping my feet...


                      Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Patience and faith hombre, Strodda will come thru . En fin.


                        Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Good news everyone, Strodda reached out beginning of this week and got it shipped out Tuesday. Watch was delivered on Thursday and looks absolutely beautiful. All in all I am very pleased, however the communication could have been better. Would absolutely do business with Strodda in the future, and knowing what I know now it would not worry me. Cheers.


                          Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by jg3456 View Post
                            HelpDesk tickets are one thing (I know he can take a long time to complete his quality work) and this makes sense, but keeping the watches that are sent to him is an entirely different thing that I'm certain he's never done/would do. Hopefully he responds to OPs concerns and works this out.

                            Grateful for all you and other Moderators do for this forum.
                            He has had my watch (VSF Seamaster 007 Ltd. Edition) Since January of 2020. That's nearly 18 months, While not exactly "never," I doubt that I will ever see that watch again. RWI has logs of all the emails I have sent him through this forum, and I have my personal email history as well as tracking info to back it up. He picked the watch up from his P.O. Box on January 3, 2020. rnrprof probably remembers the Omega crystal that I ordered in December 2019 to have installed, but didn't fit - so we went with a strip & double AR recoat instead. So I am out the cost of the VSF (~$400, shipped) + $120ish for Prof's work, too.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Indeed that's a long timeline for work to be completed.. confident Strodda will come through--at minimum no chance you'll not receive your watch back. Proff Steve would likely confirm same. Strodda

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X