Getting Worried About Strodda...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Worried About Strodda...

Hey all, I sent my ARF DJ to Strodda at the beginning of this month and have not been responded to over the last couple weeks. I have heard he is slow and doesnt have the most timely responses but my anxiety is besting me. Just worried that I may never see the watch or the gen parts I sent him again, as it does not seem like I would have any recourse in a situation like that. What do you think? Am I being paranoid? Help put my head in the pillow.

Sent from the RWI App

He can take a loooong time to respond- a couple of weeks is on the short end. He always comes through, though. He's a pleasure to work with, but the speed of communication can be a ...um... challenge.

Comment

Patience and faith , strodda is honest as the come ~ you’ll surely be pleased with results ~

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

He has had my VSF Seamaster since January of 2020. I have lost all hope of ever seeing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by LPGT56 View Post
          He has had my VSF Seamaster since January of 2020. I have lost all hope of ever seeing it again.
          What mods/work did you ask for

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

I sent in for a basic service (6 weeks old, just wanted it cleaned, lubed, and properly calibrated- beat error was a little high, and amplitude a little low from QC photos) and had the crystal sent (by Strodda) to Prof for double-AR. Paid Prof for the service separately.
            Service on the watch was (allegedly) complete at the end of January 2020. Just waiting on Prof. Nothing but excuses all year (COVID) and the last time I heard from him was at least 4 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattdesanto View Post
              Hey all, I sent my ARF DJ to Strodda at the beginning of this month and have not been responded to over the last couple weeks. I have heard he is slow and doesnt have the most timely responses but my anxiety is besting me. Just worried that I may never see the watch or the gen parts I sent him again, as it does not seem like I would have any recourse in a situation like that. What do you think? Am I being paranoid? Help put my head in the pillow.

Sent from the RWI App
              I think you will be fine. I have always had an issue getting in touch with him but everything he has ever done for me over the past 2 or 3 years was done well, just a tad slow .
              MY RWI Vendor Area:
              https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/prof-s-crystals

Comment

See thats what Im worried about.. especially since I would imagine that there is little to no recourse in that situation?

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by mech500 View Post

What mods/work did you ask for

Sent from the RWI App
                  Sent him the watch along with a genuine turn-o-graph date wheel and gen crystal. It was delivered beginning/middle of april so it has only been about a month and a half in all fairness. I just requested that he install the gen parts and clean/service if needed.

Im fairly new to this so I dont really have a compass of what to expect when dealing with modders. I can be patient and wait it out but im more concerned about my $1000+ worth of stuff never coming back. Although, the general consensus seems to be that he takes forever but always comes through.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

He used to be a sponsor & “trusted” here. Somewhere there is a thread about him losing his trusted status, and Mods no longer stepping in to help us if we have issues with him. I found out about the Strodda/RWI thing about 5 months ago...
                    I was advised by a member in very high standing to contact an attorney & send him a letter. Not sure that’s a good use of $. I have not gone that route.

Comment

He used to be a sponsor & “trusted” here. Somewhere there is a thread about him losing his trusted status, and Mods no longer stepping in to help us if we have issues with him. I found out about the Strodda/RWI thing about 5 months ago...
                      I was advised by a member in very high standing to contact an attorney & send him a letter. Not sure that’s a good use of $. I have not gone that route.

What’s the letter gonna say? Please return my clients counterfeit watch?

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Exactly. $200 in attorney fees to request that my $400 rep be returned?

He’s no longer trusted on RWI for a reason unknown to me. I just wish I had reached out to the mods earlier.

Comment

He’s no longer trusted on RWI for a reason unknown to me

He's no longer trusted on RWI because he can't be trusted to return people's watches.

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

He's no longer trusted on RWI because he can't be trusted to return people's watches.
                            I dont understand that.. wouldn't it be a much more profitable operation to maintain a good reputation and gain a trusted client basis than to keep the occasional replica timepiece someone sends you? Im not sure how much modders usually charge for stuff like this but I would imagine its in the hundreds?

Nonetheless, I am hopeful only because I have heard many more good things about him than bad.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

Do you have any basis of fact to reinforce this (knowing and having worked with Strodda for many years - surely baseless ) assertion??!!

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Working...
                              X