• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Red Oman 'Khanjar' 1675 GMT.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The khanjar is a traditional Omani dagger, shaped like the letter J. (not to be confused with Ganjer, which is an aromatic herb used by Rastafarians in their religious ceremonies).

IMG-6082.jpg

The Khanjar logo seen on some luxury watches, such as Rolex, Patek Philipe etc is two khanjar daggers crossed, one over the other. The logo is usually printed in red on Rolex's, occasionally in green and the very rare gold print.

IMG-6085.jpg

Most of these khanjar logo Rolex were commissioned by the Sultan of Oman at Asprey of London, and will have Asprey stamped into the outside of the case back (this one doesn't because it's not a real Rolex).

IMG-6086.jpg

They were usually presented personally to their original owners by Sultan Qaboos in the 1970's, as a token of gratitude for services rendered, notably the 1665 Rolex Sea-Dwellers that were presented by the Sultan Qaboos to members of Britain’s SAS who had served to defend his regime during the 1970-1976 rebellion.

IMG-6087.jpg

There are several models that have the Omani Khanjar logo, the 1665 Rolex Sea-Dweller, 1675 GMT Master, 16800 Submariner, several of the 4 digit Daytona models, the Datejust and Oyster Perpetual models.

IMG-6088.jpg

Replica Khanjar dials are quite hard to do successfully, the lines that make up the daggers are very fine, and done badly the dagger ends up looking like a red smudge. This one is pretty good quality, nicely detailed with good color and definition. The watch head is set off very well by one of the very good quality jubilee bracelets markiemark had up for sale on M2M.

IMG-6090.jpg

The specs on this one:

Specially commissioned red Omani khanjar dial.
Vietnam case.
Rolex crown.
Rolex crystal.
Swiss low beat ETA with GMT module.
markiemark jubilee bracelet.

Thanks for looking.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
The khanjar is a traditional Omani dagger, shaped like the letter J. (not to be confused with Ganjer, which is an aromatic herb used by Rastafarians in their religious ceremonies).

IMG-6082.jpg

The Khanjar logo seen on some luxury watches, such as Rolex, Patek Philipe etc is two khanjar daggers crossed, one over the other. The logo is usually printed in red on Rolex's, occasionally in green and the very rare gold print.

IMG-6085.jpg

Most of these khanjar logo Rolex were commissioned by the Sultan of Oman at Asprey of London, and will have Asprey stamped into the outside of the case back (this one doesn't because it's not a real Rolex).

IMG-6086.jpg

They were usually presented personally to their original owners by Sultan Qaboos in the 1970's, as a token of gratitude for services rendered, notably the 1665 Rolex Sea-Dwellers that were presented by the Sultan Qaboos to members of Britain’s SAS who had served to defend his regime during the 1970-1976 rebellion.

IMG-6087.jpg

There are several models that have the Omani Khanjar logo, the 1665 Rolex Sea-Dweller, 1675 GMT Master, 16800 Submariner, several of the 4 digit Daytona models, the Datejust and Oyster Perpetual models.

IMG-6088.jpg

Replica Khanjar dials are quite hard to do successfully, the lines that make up the daggers are very fine, and done badly the dagger ends up looking like a red smudge. This one is pretty good quality, nicely detailed with good color and definition. The watch head is set off very well by one of the very good quality jubilee bracelets markiemark had up for sale on M2M.

IMG-6090.jpg

The specs on this one:

Specially commissioned red Omani khanjar dial.
Vietnam case.
Rolex crown.
Rolex crystal.
Swiss low beat ETA with GMT module.
markiemark jubilee bracelet.

Thanks for looking.

Amazing build Trip. Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: Tucker and tripdog

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Very very cool Sir,

Hadn't seen the Khanjar and crossed swords in years, so is class to see the emblem reflected on your Rolex. Oman is such a beautiful country.

Thank you for sharing the build :_o_:

Reactions: KJ2020 and tripdog

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
The khanjar looks like a space satellite to me. I thought they were watches given to people who had been to space, but didn't like Omegas.

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Great build with even better history lesson! Keep’em coming!

Reactions: tripdog

Feliksd

Looking Around
28/6/21
Hi,

I am also trying to build an Rolex GMT Master 1675 with Oman Khanjar dial.
Can anybody help me and say where I can get a dial for an ETA 2836 movement?
Thanks a lot.
Regards Feliksd

aprooholic

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/1/21
EU
tripdog amazing watch! I have tried to reach you via PM, but I received a notification saying you don't accept PM, how can I get in touch with you?

aprooholic

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/1/21
EU
Absolutely beautiful!!! How can I get a dial like this commissioned?