• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Project 5513

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Hi guys, after a 1680 I would like to start a project regarding the 5513.
I am about to get a Jkf base, I would like to work them, age it and change the dial and the glass. As for glass, which one should I buy? Is there anything good?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi guys, after a 1680 I would like to start a project regarding the 5513.
I am about to get a Jkf base, I would like to work them, age it and change the dial and the glass. As for glass, which one should I buy? Is there anything good?

Cartel cases can have some dimensional variations depending on the batch but a 26-19 Tropic should fit
There's an Italian seller on eBay who sells both Dome and Super-Dome plexi for 5513/5512
I put that one on a Tudor 9401/0 ... DomeVerlux XS 305.451 ... and it fitted perfectly
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/164145893776?hash=item2637db9190:g:0TcAAOSwX-xevRqg
Depending on your specific case the plexi could fit perfectly, be a little too tight (you can sand the inside of the plexi ) or a little loose (you'll have to use GS Hypo-Cement)
If the plexi is a little large you could have to sand the interior diameter of the reteining ring ti make it fit

Reactions: JordanEleven

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Cartel cases can have some dimensional variations depending on the batch but a 26-19 Tropic should fit
There's an Italian seller on eBay who sells both Dome and Super-Dome plexi for 5513/5512
I put that one on a Tudor 9401/0 ... DomeVerlux XS 305.451 ... and it fitted perfectly
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/164145893776?hash=item2637db9190:g:0TcAAOSwX-xevRqg
Depending on your specific case the plexi could fit perfectly, be a little too tight (you can sand the inside of the plexi ) or a little loose (you'll have to use GS Hypo-Cement)
If the plexi is a little large you could have to sand the interior diameter of the reteining ring ti make it fit

Thank you so much my friend. I saw that the price is also low, is the quality of the plexy good?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Thank you so much my friend. I saw that the price is also low, is the quality of the plexy good?

Quite nice for the price paid ...
Here are some pics of a JKF based 9401/0 I've built using that plexi

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Very beautiful! Dial and Bezel are after?

VN dial, TC handset, custom insert with Athaya pearl ... evrything is standard Cartel

My modds :
- reshaped the crownguards and modded the tube seatt to make the CGs look longer
- drilled the lugs and bracelet to fit 2mm fat springbars
- resized the bezel ring (removed about 0,25mm around) to match the modified tube seat
- aged everything (case, bezel, caseback) and redid the polish and brush
- relumed the dial, handset and pearl ... off-white and vintage low glow
- rplalced the Asian 2824-2 "3 positions" set bridge with an ETA 2801 "2 positions" set bridge, so that the crown has only 2 positions (wind / time set)

I think that's all ;)

Reactions: JordanEleven