• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Old Omega Deville - Help!

genrepgen

Horology Curious
11/6/19
Hi everyone,

I need help with these 2 De Ville watches I have.

I want to get them working. I don't care about genuine movements, maybe if there are replicas that would be good but I doubt it as they are really old.

any ideas?

Omega Watches https://imgur.com/a/yq3kxRQ

Thanks,

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi
Difficult to be certain without better pics but, looking at the dimensions and shape, the movements in those watches could be Omega 625 or Omega 1365.

Omega 625 :
handwind mechanical movement ... you can find such a movement in working condition for $80 more or less but it will need to be serviced ...

Omega 1365 :
Quartz movement ... difficult to source one working and uneasy to repair IMHO ...

You should first check the dials ... if they says "quartz" then it's probably 1365 ... if not then probably 625

genrepgen

Horology Curious
11/6/19
Hi
Difficult to be certain without better pics but, looking at the dimensions and shape, the movements in those watches could be Omega 625 or Omega 1365.

Omega 625 :
handwind mechanical movement ... you can find such a movement in working condition for $80 more or less but it will need to be serviced ...

Omega 1365 :
Quartz movement ... difficult to source one working and uneasy to repair IMHO ...

You should first check the dials ... if they says "quartz" then it's probably 1365 ... if not then probably 625

I know one of them is a 1387 quartz movement. does that help?