• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16013 Franken Datejust "Bateman"

RavenT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/20
Since I saw this watch the first time I needed to have it in my collection.

So I built it.

Specs:

Gen case Set
Gen plexi
Gen Gold bezel
Gen tube
Gen gold crown
Gen champagne tapestry dial
Gen gold hands
Gen champagne open 6&9 date wheel 3135
VR3135
Raffle 10k jubilee bracelet
Gen full set

To make the 3135 fit I needed to install two case back gaskets for more space because the autowind module was blocked by the case back

Hope you enjoy:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really beautiful work bro, I was actually relieved when I realized this wasn't a sales thread. I was already rationalizing that I should buy it. Congrats and wear it in good health.

Reactions: RavenT

RavenT

17/5/20
Yes they are. I was really lucky to find one and the price was damn hot :D

Last edited:

WildString46

Known Member
9/1/20
Weast!
Wow just realised you are the same member that did the franken day date! These builds are phenomenal man, awesome heavy hitters.

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
You have incredible taste with all your builds.

The idea to use a 3135 to enable the use of a champagne dw is great. However, are you afraid about the "stability"/tightness of having two gaskets?

RavenT

17/5/20
You have incredible taste with all your builds.

The idea to use a 3135 to enable the use of a champagne dw is great. However, are you afraid about the "stability"/tightness of having two gaskets?

It has a lot of points why I think it's better to use a 3135 and not a 2824 or some think like that.

The date wheel was not really the point it was more the problem :D I have a lot of good champagne open 6&9 overlays here. They could be easy installed at an eta or other movements. Except 3135 / 3186. It's very hard to get a overlay to fit and work there.

But I wanted to use Gen hands without problems and I didn't want to cut the Gen dial feet. It could perhaps work with a good dial spacer for 2824 too and drill holes for the feet (like we did on the day date)

So I had to search for that champagne open 6&9 3135 date wheel. And I was very lucky to find one fast.

The second gasket works perfekt it is closed tight and I had no issues at all. I also built a 16030 in the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and rwacc

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
It has a lot of points why I think it's better to use a 3135 and not a 2824 or some think like that.

The date wheel was not really the point it was more the problem :D I have a lot of good champagne open 6&9 overlays here. They could be easy installed at an eta or other movements. Except 3135 / 3186. It's very hard to get a overlay to fit and work there.

But I wanted to use Gen hands without problems and I didn't want to cut the Gen dial feet. It could perhaps work with a good dial spacer for 2824 too and drill holes for the feet (like we did on the day date)

So I had to search for that champagne open 6&9 3135 date wheel. And I was very lucky to find one fast.

The second gasket works perfekt it is closed tight and I had no issues at all. I also built a 16030 in the same way.

It's good to know that "stacking" the gaskets works fine. And I get your reasoning, especially since youre using a gen dial and hands (instead of, say, tudor hands).

Interesting to know about the dwo: what good overlays are there for ETA? I haven't been impressed by raffles/riyi ones.

RavenT

17/5/20
Idk where I got all the overlays from. I also have some raffle and they are not as bad as I thought. There was a Bateman here to sell (should be found by search), a member of our Facebook group bought it long time ago. I think it's a raffle dwo and it looks real good.

Reactions: rwacc

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
Idk where I got all the overlays from. I also have some raffle and they are not as bad as I thought. There was a Bateman here to sell (should be found by search), a member of our Facebook group bought it long time ago. I think it's a raffle dwo and it looks real good.

Yes that’s my piece built by the true legend [mention]Logixa [/mention]
He did an excellent job fitting that raffles overlay to the Swiss ETA. I was pleasantly surprised by the overlay too! For it being so cheap, it’s extremely nicely and evenly printed

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
[mention]RavenT [/mention] a beautiful example you have there bro, hope to see more of it in the Facebook group :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I am not a DJ collector but I have always loved the Bateman. That is a superb example.

Last edited:

RavenT

17/5/20
Thank you a lot guys. I'm really happy to see there are some out there with the same good taste :p