16013 Franken Datejust "Bateman"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I saw this watch the first time I needed to have it in my collection.

So I built it.

Specs:

Gen case Set
    Gen plexi
    Gen Gold bezel
    Gen tube
    Gen gold crown
    Gen champagne tapestry dial
    Gen gold hands
    Gen champagne open 6&9 date wheel 3135
    VR3135
    Raffle 10k jubilee bracelet
    Gen full set

To make the 3135 fit I needed to install two case back gaskets for more space because the autowind module was blocked by the case back

Hope you enjoy:

18238 Franken Day-Date

Really beautiful work bro, I was actually relieved when I realized this wasn't a sales thread. I was already rationalizing that I should buy it. Congrats and wear it in good health.
    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
    GMT Movements Explained
    BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
    Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
    The Fantasy Watch Thread
    Noob GMT's poor bezel design
    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Haha thank you <3
      18238 Franken Day-Date

Comment

Very nice! Those open 6 9 champagne date wheels are extremely rare!

Comment

Yes they are. I was really lucky to find one and the price was damn hot
          Last edited by RavenT; 04-05-21, 01:28.
          18238 Franken Day-Date

Comment

Wow just realised you are the same member that did the franken day date! These builds are phenomenal man, awesome heavy hitters.

Comment

You have incredible taste with all your builds.

The idea to use a 3135 to enable the use of a champagne dw is great. However, are you afraid about the "stability"/tightness of having two gaskets?
              WTB: Polexpete silver DWO
              WTB: Yuki Oyster 93150 Bracelet

Rolex Submariner 1680 (Red, Mark 5) nut.

Comment

Originally posted by rwacc View Post
                You have incredible taste with all your builds.

The idea to use a 3135 to enable the use of a champagne dw is great. However, are you afraid about the "stability"/tightness of having two gaskets?
                It has a lot of points why I think it's better to use a 3135 and not a 2824 or some think like that.

The date wheel was not really the point it was more the problem I have a lot of good champagne open 6&9 overlays here. They could be easy installed at an eta or other movements. Except 3135 / 3186. It's very hard to get a overlay to fit and work there.

But I wanted to use Gen hands without problems and I didn't want to cut the Gen dial feet. It could perhaps work with a good dial spacer for 2824 too and drill holes for the feet (like we did on the day date)

So I had to search for that champagne open 6&9 3135 date wheel. And I was very lucky to find one fast.

The second gasket works perfekt it is closed tight and I had no issues at all. I also built a 16030 in the same way.
                Last edited by RavenT; 04-05-21, 09:52.
                18238 Franken Day-Date

Comment

Originally posted by RavenT View Post

It has a lot of points why I think it's better to use a 3135 and not a 2824 or some think like that.

The date wheel was not really the point it was more the problem I have a lot of good champagne open 6&9 overlays here. They could be easy installed at an eta or other movements. Except 3135 / 3186. It's very hard to get a overlay to fit and work there.

But I wanted to use Gen hands without problems and I didn't want to cut the Gen dial feet. It could perhaps work with a good dial spacer for 2824 too and drill holes for the feet (like we did on the day date)

So I had to search for that champagne open 6&9 3135 date wheel. And I was very lucky to find one fast.

The second gasket works perfekt it is closed tight and I had no issues at all. I also built a 16030 in the same way.
                  It's good to know that "stacking" the gaskets works fine. And I get your reasoning, especially since youre using a gen dial and hands (instead of, say, tudor hands).

Interesting to know about the dwo: what good overlays are there for ETA? I haven't been impressed by raffles/riyi ones.
                  WTB: Polexpete silver DWO
                  WTB: Yuki Oyster 93150 Bracelet

Rolex Submariner 1680 (Red, Mark 5) nut.

Comment

Idk where I got all the overlays from. I also have some raffle and they are not as bad as I thought. There was a Bateman here to sell (should be found by search), a member of our Facebook group bought it long time ago. I think it's a raffle dwo and it looks real good.

18238 Franken Day-Date

Comment

Originally posted by RavenT View Post
                      Idk where I got all the overlays from. I also have some raffle and they are not as bad as I thought. There was a Bateman here to sell (should be found by search), a member of our Facebook group bought it long time ago. I think it's a raffle dwo and it looks real good.
                      Yes that’s my piece built by the true legend [mention]Logixa [/mention]
                      He did an excellent job fitting that raffles overlay to the Swiss ETA. I was pleasantly surprised by the overlay too! For it being so cheap, it’s extremely nicely and evenly printed

Comment

[mention]RavenT [/mention] a beautiful example you have there bro, hope to see more of it in the Facebook group

Comment

I am not a DJ collector but I have always loved the Bateman. That is a superb example.
                          Last edited by C Master; 08-05-21, 06:55. Reason: Staff edit

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
                          There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
                          ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
                          Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Thank you a lot guys. I'm really happy to see there are some out there with the same good taste :P
                            18238 Franken Day-Date

Comment

Beautiful build... iconic film and icon watch!

Comment

Working...
                              X