• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Milsub insert for 16610?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have been trying to find a milsub, full indexed insert for my Ginault but I can’t find any version with the required dimensions. All the ones I can find are too small (as they should be, being that they should only work for a 5513-17).

Has anyone found a way to get a milsub insert on a 16610-size case/bezel?

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
I’m interested to see if these fit mine as well. Look forward to update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I’m interested to see if these fit mine as well. Look forward to update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright, insert received and it does fit indeed. The problem is that I messed it up leaving it too much in the oven, my idea was to just get a nice creamy patina on the lume pip and after just 15 minutes it was all chocolate brown, lol. I have just ordered another one of the exact model and will supervise the baking process at all times.

Given that I take the insert as lost, I thought I would experiment a little bit with bleach and the result isn't that bad, actually!

Reactions: R2L and KJ2020

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Alright, insert received and it does fit indeed. The problem is that I messed it up leaving it too much in the oven, my idea was to just get a nice creamy patina on the lume pip and after just 15 minutes it was all chocolate brown, lol. I have just ordered another one of the exact model and will supervise the baking process at all times.

Given that I take the insert as lost, I thought I would experiment a little bit with bleach and the result isn't that bad, actually!

‘Looks good! And the cream colored hands and hour markers go well with the milk chocolate color of your insert.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Why thank you guys! I still want to see how it looks with a traditional black insert, although I confess I like the bleached look!

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Did this insert snap in or using a sticker of sorts?
Ive always thought this would be a sweet look!