• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Build Report: A Rolex Daytona 6240 savoir-faire project

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Cosmograph4Ever - the asterisks dangling at the end of your paragraphs hint frustratingly at a footnote, which remained unwritten. Please allow me to add it for you:

*TLDR - sorry everyone!

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
As I have promised earlier, I want to take the opportunity to say a few words about the issue that has been raised today. I value the trust that the people that work with me put in my abilities, my advice and my reliability with great gratitude. I am taking on these projects out of true passion and dedication to the beauty of the timepieces we long for and to be able to share this joy with others and to know that they get to enjoy and wear a piece of my work on their skin makes me truly happy.*

The arrangement of working together and the resulting watch should be an equally pleasant and satisfying experience for both parties involved and I completely acknowledge that a lack of communication and reliability from my part in some isolated cases is completely unacceptable and I am dedicating myself to improve that drastically. I am not going to focus on coming up with excuses. We all have lives, families, work and other responsibilities and they sometimes get in the way but I am obliged to communicate less optimistic and with more transparency (and to organise myself better) as to not make the impression of trying to be deceiving which isn’t anywhere near the intent that I have. Furthermore, financial gain isn’t and never has been my target with the work that I am taking on but the experience of creating something of beauty itself, growing my own knowledge, my equipment and skills evermore and sharing and applying them in the next project.*

This is truly the way I feel about it and everyone that has worked with me can attest to that. As I have concluded in agreement with Max23 earlier today, my reliability has to match my body of work and I will make absolutely sure of that from now on.

Never did understand Fancy Talk.

You seem familiar - have you been here before, under another name perhaps ?

Reactions: DD60 and d4v3

MonsieurSavoirFaire

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/21
So after defaming me and messing up my reputation over and over again in the past years, because a clients package was stolen 6 years ago (which I reimbursed the person for), can you present actual proof of the claims you make about me? You’re saying a modder (like yourself) on RWI isn’t a respectful job. You call me a scammer - you claim you know every move I make and everything about me. My publicly available information has been posted on here, you guys know how to use google and probably have a truthfinder account, anyone can do that. But now you go as low as to threaten my family. I have over the years tried to go into reasonable discussion and was wiped away and brigged over and over again.

I know this is a privately owned site and you can accept and deny anyone you want if you don’t like their nose tip. But you’re calling me a scammer - please present proof of me being a scammer for everyone to see. I tell you something: You can’t. Because I have never defrauded or scammed anyone. I do what I’m payed for and I get payed when I’m done and other than you with your wrong accusations, I can present a list of people and projects, spanning over years I have been working with happy outcomes.

This agenda against me is just wrong and I can’t help myself to speak up, especially after you’ve threatened my partner now. Hiding behind anonymity and pointing fingers is easy. Making accusations and calling people names is easy. Keep my family out of this and proof your claims, I think I have the right to ask for this.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I am wondering, why have all these amazing pics of this 6240 build been edited out? What is wrong with the eyecandy?

jacquy

26/9/18
By correction, I must inform you that Cosmograph4Ever, respected his word to return me, the bracelet and the case that I had asked him to modify. Without any modification of course.
I would like to thank, once again, RWI and tripdog in particular, for unblocking this problem.
Hoping that other people can also get their property back,from him.

Reactions: tripdog

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
By correction, I must inform you that Cosmograph4Ever, respected his word to return me, the bracelet and the case that I had asked him to modify. Without any modification of course.
I would like to thank, once again, RWI and tripdog in particular, for unblocking this problem.
Hoping that other people can also get their property back,from him.

Great that he corrected his fault! A bit late but still!

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
This sucks, not many people with this kind of knowledge on modding vintage daytonas. Sad to lose another one. Yellobird You can always post in the Daytona thread! :)

A great loss to the community, his skills were really second to none, it is a shame that issues with his integrity got him banned. I still think of Dan as a friend, he never did anything wrong to me and he had a few grand of mine in parts in his hands.

And yeah, I will surely post lots of pics of my 6263, I love it.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Anybody else who has shipped parts/watches to Cosmograph4Ever and is also having difficulty in getting their property back please post in this thread.

Yep. I actually gave him a 5711 for free and he still kept my 15202 for 4 months while making excuses. Grandma got sick, family visiting, etc. He sent back a 6265 he did a pretty good job on that doesn’t work. Glad to be rid of him. Seems to be a compulsive liar and a poor businessman.

Reactions: tripdog

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
We can stop banning the scammers if people prefer, just let them run wild on the forum doing their thing - at least some of you will get the builds you want, which is obviously all that counts for some.

I did write that his talent is a great loss. But it is his fault and his integrity that caused the action, I do not see what is wrong with that statement. And I am free to express that he did great job for me (not exactly as fast as promised to be fair) and all in all I was a happy customer.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I did write that his talent is a great loss. But it is his fault and his integrity that caused the action, I do not see what is wrong with that statement. And I am free to express that he did great job for me (not exactly as fast as promised to be fair) and all in all I was a happy customer.

I see what you mean. “Dan” or whatever his name is a watch lover and we had some good conversations which made me think he’s a nice guy. But he behaved the exact same way with me as all others described.

He did a nice job on a 6265 build for me that no longer works and I’ll have to send out to another modder. He also never returned an ST-19 movement but I don’t care about it. I should have reported him long ago, but because he seemed Ok, I let him slide to scam others.

Last edited:
Reactions: jacquy

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Dan has contacted me and will send back 5711 and ST-19 movement to resolve. I will report back here when received.

Reactions: jacquy