• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Build Report: A Rolex Daytona 6240 savoir-faire project

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
Cosmograph4Ever
My god those pushers are beyond hot. do you have any experience with the "high-end" viet pushers for 6263s and do you know if they're any good?

Aren’t they gorgeous? The patina on them is amazing and I believe we have brought together a watch that has a cohesive experience in that regard, it all makes sense together. I have a lot of experience with MK3 pushers which aestetically are my personal favorite next to Millerighe. I am about to order Millerighes myself from Phong and I believe he’s the only one selling decent replications of them. I may have to experiment with mimiking wear by brass plating them if they’re solid steel, we’ll see.

Reactions: Tphilip

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
Thank you to everyone for your kind reactions. It really is a rarely seen beauty. Personally I only have one big problem with it - I don’t own it lol

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
‘Hobbyist’ haha. I think you’re a few stages beyond that my friend! Incredible skills, incredible job, incredible build!

A true hobbyist would have snapped at least one pinion, deformed the hairspring and lost a jewel spring before sending it to someone that knows what they’re doing!

Last edited:

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
‘Hobbyist’ haha. I think you’re a few stages beyond that my friend! Incredible skills, incredible job, incredible build!

A true hobbyist would have snapped at least one pinion, deformed the hairspring and lost a jewel spring before sending it to someone that knows what they’re doing!

Haha you’re too kind. I did indeed loose the balance wheel jewel spring though on this one haha They’re flimsy little bonkers

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I can also attest to [mention]Cosmograph4Ever [/mention] sensational work!!!! So much work he has done to modify this latest creation. Fantastic
890b607f51b9663bb0cf65c89fcd5a12.jpg

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Aren’t they gorgeous? The patina on them is amazing and I believe we have brought together a watch that has a cohesive experience in that regard, it all makes sense together. I have a lot of experience with MK3 pushers which aestetically are my personal favorite next to Millerighe. I am about to order Millerighes myself from Phong and I believe he’s the only one selling decent replications of them. I may have to experiment with mimiking wear by brass plating them if they’re solid steel, we’ll see.

Do update this thread when you do! I'm considering ordering Phong's pushers to install on my 6263 but 300++ for pushers is kinda crazy hahah

Reactions: Cosmograph4Ever

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy

^^^^^This. That's what I usually do at least ;)

The build is really exceptional. Well done Cosmograph4Ever for an outstanding job and congrats to Tphilip for owning such a beauty

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
^^^^^This. That's what I usually do at least ;)

The build is really exceptional. Well done Cosmograph4Ever for an outstanding job and congrats to Tphilip for owning such a beauty

Thank you @kilowattore

Means a lot from you, I have admired your works as inspiration silently for a long long time. :)

jacquy

26/9/18
Cosmograph4ever,
I have reported a problem I have with you, to the site moderators. Following their response I would ask you to send me immediately, the parts that I sended you for modding.
You didnt keep your word regarding turnaround time.
You promise 2 weeks maximum, to get the job done, and soon 3 months later nothing except unfulfilled promises, plus you no longer respond to messages.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Anybody else who has shipped parts/watches to Cosmograph4Ever and is also having difficulty in getting their property back please post in this thread.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Cosmograph4ever,
I have reported a problem I have with you, to the site moderators. Following their response I would ask you to send me immediately, the parts that I sended you for modding.
You didnt keep your word regarding turnaround time.
You promise 2 weeks maximum, to get the job done, and soon 3 months later nothing except unfulfilled promises, plus you no longer respond to messages.

Good things come to those who wait. Sometimes it takes longer but we need to understand that modding these watches of ours is not always a smooth ride. I am truly glad that I met Cosmograph4ever as only thanks to him, his hard work and amazing attention to detail that he shows at every step I now have the 6263 I always dreamt about:

Do not worry, he will deliver and you will be beyond satisfied!

Max23

9/3/20
tripdog Yes sir! Cosmograph4Ever is working on a 6263 build for me (he said it would have taken 2 weeks from the receipt of all the parts). I ordered the build back in Sept and he got all the parts (note: I already paid for them) back in November. Then, I asked him several times for updates but he never replied to my messages until I sent a message on Dec. 15th asking if he was still interested to the job. He finally replied two days after asking for more time and to not set a firm ETA. From that moment to now I haven't received any update or the watch. I texted Cosmo three times and he never replied.

Cosmograph4Ever, Dan, I know you have lots of projects (probably more interesting than mine) but do you think the above behave is normal? Why don't you simply reply to the messages and provide realistic ETAs to your clients? Also, if you cannot progress on the works, why don't you post back the parts of the build already paid by the clients so that at least they can compete it with someone else?

Max23

9/3/20
Yellobird, Totally agree with you and to be clear no one pretends to put pressure on the modder of having works done in record time. But, honestly, no replying to messages for months and not respecting ETAs ... this doesn't sound the right approach.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog Yes sir! Cosmograph4Ever is working on a 6263 build for me (he said it would have taken 2 weeks from the receipt of all the parts).

OK, thanks for your reply.

Good things come to those who wait. Sometimes it takes longer but we need to understand that modding these watches of ours is not always a smooth ride. I am truly glad that I met Cosmograph4ever as only thanks to him, his hard work and amazing attention to detail that he shows at every step I now have the 6263 I always dreamt about:

Let's get a few things straight before we do the Circle Jerk.

Modders/watchmakers offering their services via PM on RWI is tolerated by the Administrators - but it is in no way sanctioned, authorized or encouraged.

Furthermore, anyone sending parts and/or watches to a member, who then later either damages those parts/watches or simply fails to return them to the owner will not receive any of the usual support that they would if it involved a TD, an SV or a sale on M2M - in other words if you ship $1000 worth of parts to someone and he keeps them, it's your problem, not RWI's.

When someone is lining their pockets and benefiting from the time and money that has been spent making RWI what it is today, then IMO the minimum expected is that they actually contribute to the forum and it's running costs - paying a Supporters subscription for example.

It would also be quite good if they could keep their word - this isn't a case of someone being told to wait 2 weeks and now it's the 4th week - people are waiting months and their messages are being ignored.

Cosmograph4Ever seems to have Savoir Faire a gogo, but absolutely no Savoir Vivre - if he can't keep his word then he can't be trusted.

Monsieur Savoir Faire logged on and read this thread 1 hour ago, and has read this thread several times since, yet he still hasn't explained why he has other people's property in his possession and isn't answering their messages.

If you can find the time to create threads about build projects, you should be able to find the time to reply to your customers messages.

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
Monsieur Savoir Faire logged on and read this thread 1 hour ago, and has read this thread several times since, yet he still hasn't explained why he has other people's property in his possession and isn't answering their messages.

If you can find the time to create threads about build projects, you should be able to find the time to reply to your customers messages.

Thank you for being an advocate for all members involved tripdog and I am saying this without any sarcasm but with genuine appreciation.

I think it should be within reason that I used the hour since the posts came to my attention to contact jacquy and Max23 immediately to work out a solution with them instead of heading into a public statement because that’s what really counts in the end.

I acknowledge the situation that has been brought to my attention and I take it very seriously. I will be giving an explanation in due time.

jacquy

26/9/18
Thank you for being an advocate for all members involved tripdog and I am saying this without any sarcasm but with genuine appreciation.

I think it should be within reason that I used the hour since the posts came to my attention to contact jacquy and Max23 immediately to work out a solution with them instead of heading into a public statement because that’s what really counts in the end.

I acknowledge the situation that has been brought to my attention and I take it very seriously. I will be giving an explanation in due time.

Thanks tripdog for your implication.

Cosmograph4Ever you promessed to send me back the bracelet and Nautilius case.I hope that you will respect your word this time.
I don't know which explanation you will give in due time.
But on me you you apology,and recognize that you didn't do the right thing.

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
As I have promised earlier, I want to take the opportunity to say a few words about the issue that has been raised today. I value the trust that the people that work with me put in my abilities, my advice and my reliability with great gratitude. I am taking on these projects out of true passion and dedication to the beauty of the timepieces we long for and to be able to share this joy with others and to know that they get to enjoy and wear a piece of my work on their skin makes me truly happy. 

The arrangement of working together and the resulting watch should be an equally pleasant and satisfying experience for both parties involved and I completely acknowledge that a lack of communication and reliability from my part in some isolated cases is completely unacceptable and I am dedicating myself to improve that drastically. I am not going to focus on coming up with excuses. We all have lives, families, work and other responsibilities and they sometimes get in the way but I am obliged to communicate less optimistic and with more transparency (and to organise myself better) as to not make the impression of trying to be deceiving which isn’t anywhere near the intent that I have. Furthermore, financial gain isn’t and never has been my target with the work that I am taking on but the experience of creating something of beauty itself, growing my own knowledge, my equipment and skills evermore and sharing and applying them in the next project. 

This is truly the way I feel about it and everyone that has worked with me can attest to that. As I have concluded in agreement with Max23 earlier today, my reliability has to match my body of work and I will make absolutely sure of that from now on.

Reactions: sunrayminor

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Someone has the Gift of Gab, me thinks.

Reactions: Raddave