• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
This little firecracker showed up today! Some “tuning” needed, but worth the wait!
Not sure Pepsi is my main squeeze yet, but boy does it pop…
Going to be hard pressed to put the sub back on for…. idk… AWHILE….
This thread and those that helped with the build - can’t thank you guys enough!!!

This is very nice, I look forward to more pictures and details. For me, I wait for Tripdog to get my case and begin shaping and just yesterday I ordered a new 600 crown and new 6020 tube later I ordered from WSO the correct tension washer and click spring.

watchoself

3/6/20
UK
This is very nice, I look forward to more pictures and details. For me, I wait for Tripdog to get my case and begin shaping and just yesterday I ordered a new 600 crown and new 6020 tube later I ordered from WSO the correct tension washer and click spring.

I’m pretty much there with my build thanks to LMHIN being an absolute legend with his guidance over the past week or so

I have the click spring sorted but hadn’t thought about the tension washer; any particular reason for my own understanding why I would swap out?

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: LetMeHearItNow

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
Too thick, and it rusts.

Every single one has rusted for me. Not just on 167XX cases either. This brand has been great for me and their click springs have worked well. Ernst Westphal or something along those lines. Swiss products.

5d8eb608ca2cd28ecd65976e5ab82db0.jpg

japule24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
What's about the WSO parts? Are they generally ok to use?

notyourbusinessmate

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/10/20
Every single one has rusted for me. Not just on 167XX cases either. This brand has been great for me and their click springs have worked well. Ernst Westphal or something along those lines. Swiss products.

5d8eb608ca2cd28ecd65976e5ab82db0.jpg

They are actually from Germany

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
One technical question: would a converted 3175 fit into those viet cases ?

Pretty sure the answer is no, but still asking.

thanks

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
The answer is, as far as I know, no. The 3185-3187 movements are thicker than the 3175. It should fit perfect in a ST case

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Wow... after 6 months away from RWI, my 5 digit dreams have come true! Finally we have access to what is arguably the finest hour for Rolex... Can't wait to get my hands on one of these builds! Also looking to build a 16570 polar... just amazing...

Reactions: easy_beaching

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
speedy1969 the Viet Cases are not perfect although they are gen spec. The lugs need reshaping as well as the bezel spring and the click spring are poor quality. I bought 2 of the cases and the bezel spring was already rusted when it arrived here. The click spring is also of poor quality, the spring wire is much too thin and the spring force is not strong. Also they use a Sub type click spring also for their GMT Master II case. The crown is not worth to talk about it, also the tube should be replaced. And finally the case back they use for a GMT Master II case is identical to the one that's used for a sub, it's just engraved as 2180. If you can get a ST case back, that's the right one and can be swapped with the Viet case back.
Nevertheless, this is lamenting at a high level. The people of VN have some very interesting cases and the cases are a real good base to build some nice watches.
I will show you my 16610 LN SuperFranken and my 16710 GMT Master II Franken when I get them back from my watchmaker.

Reactions: KJ2020

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Does anyone happen to know if he's putting out any 16570 Exp.II cases yet ?

Ask them to sell a 16710 case engraved as 16570 to you.
I do not know if they also have Exp.II bezels. If not tell them that this is not relevant for you. You can get a gen Exp.II bezel mounted on the case. There are offers on the bay.