• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Here are a couple more photos to add to the comparison above. After tripdog shaves down the caseback (which is definitely a 16610 caseback), these thin up real nice.

LEFT is ST16610 w/ gen 16710 caseback.
RIGHT is VN case after tripdog’s work

Same height - minus crystal on VN caseset.

LEFT = ST w/ gen caseback
RIGHT = VN reworked vn caseset

Notice the base before the threads start? Sits flatter on the 16710 caseback. BUT, remember the first pic — both cases sitting at the same height

LEFT = VN reworked caseback
RIGHT = ST w/ gen caseback

Definitely flatter on the VN caseback... lol

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
Shaved lugs new chamfers / polishing/brushing and smoothened drill holes.

Looks great man... you left the CGs alone for the most part right?

I don’t know if it’s just my luck but I’ve had 4 or 5 of these now and every single one had the lug holes on at least one of the sides slightly, very slightly misaligned. Not to where the gen end links and gen spring bars didn’t fit, but to where I had to manipulate the end link a little bit for both sides to pop in. Have all of yours been fine?

Reactions: d.brocke

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Looks great man... you left the CGs alone for the most part right?

I don’t know if it’s just my luck but I’ve had 4 or 5 of these now and every single one had the lug holes on at least one of the sides slightly, very slightly misaligned. Not to where the gen end links and gen spring bars didn’t fit, but to where I had to manipulate the end link a little bit for both sides to pop in. Have all of yours been fine?

Just smoothened Cgs and quick polish.

Haven't tested with gen endlinks so can't say. But gen springbars fits nicely inside

RavenT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/20
Hey every body,

Is there a good contact yet to get a good case?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: tribal