• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Anyone modded a bp case to genush specs to take a 3185 or 3186?

Yes I have modded one. Case welded and re-drilled for correct stem hight. Rehaut machined to take gen gasket, crystal and bezel assembly.
Might sell the case soon actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I can’t believe someone is charging €1100 for those cases lol what a rip . $800 with shipping is maximum. They can be found cheaper

Reactions: GottaHave

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I can’t believe someone is charging €1100 for those cases lol what a rip . $800 with shipping is maximum. They can be found cheaper

I asked both Ruby and Phong as well, the answer was no...

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

The bezel is crap too for that inflated price. Let’s face it they cost no more to make than any other Chinese case so the quote “a fool and their money are lucky to get together in the first place” certainly rings true here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
What is more surprising is that some of you are shocked by MQ's prices lol

I’m more shocked that guys are silly enough to pay it!
I’ve known for a long time how much phong, Ndt etc charged for these cases and it’s a ridiculous but each to their own I guess. If they were better and more accurately finished then it might be more palatable but they are not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
They always been tripping. That kind of cost is walking into the realm of the real Rolex case costs. Just silly imo.

far from the price of a genuine case.

everyone is looking at this from the rep buyer side. no one realizes that MQ's customer base are genuine collectors who need replacement parts for their genuine watches. Thus why he can charge a premium and has a large physical storefront in HCMC, along with a big name on the internet.

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Looks great tbh - aside from the price you guys are seeing its way better than a BP case. Top of the lugs are a bit chunky - it could pass for a fat lady 16760 instead of a 16710 tbh. Maybe I will do that.. get it re-engraved!
fd2ea7aab67a1d8f164ad3e81a0e3e0e.jpg

Baron Rees

Renowned Member
Certified
2/3/14
[mention]yodog [/mention] I was thinking exactly the same thing. As far as I’m aware the case thickness is closer to a fat lady than 16710.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
far from the price of a genuine case.

everyone is looking at this from the rep buyer side. no one realizes that MQ's customer base are genuine collectors who need replacement parts for their genuine watches. Thus why he can charge a premium and has a large physical storefront in HCMC, along with a big name on the internet.

Haha, this is Probably because were on a rep forum discussing it.

I don’t understand all that goes on with this stuff but whilst I take your point about premium Can I ask, what would any gen collector want a with a fake watch case? What scenario would require you to replace a genuine case with a fake one and devalue your watch?

Surely the people wanting these cases are ones who are going to build reps/frankens and then doesn’t that make the replica price point side valid to some extent, as it is a replica case and going by your post after this still not quite right aesthetically?