• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

GMT87

Horology Curious
24/8/21
United States
It turns out yodog is actually pretty good at making a watch or two:

Gen dial
Gen hands
Gen insert
Gen Datewheel
Gen 93150 (78360 on the way)
VR 3186
Vietnam gen spec case

cc2a66e4d7f88eac7e3767a4c92e2e69.jpg

3f5c9c9e3ecc0b8c17c31c459832b4ee.jpg

f1311f7f479a9ee1301cec41fa5fb4e3.jpg

5e135f9a9ee41469b79f4de7737a5ee6.jpg

504219993ac180715779ac89bcff49fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand this watch is not for sale but since I am getting into the hobby is there any way you could help me understand how much a watch like this would cost? I'm looking for a watch very similar to this build. Thank you all for your help !

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
See all the parts listed as “gen”? Look those up and see what you can find them for as the market varies, find someone to sell you a VR3185 movement which should be about $140-$150 and find a Vietnam case set which will vary between $450 for a cheap-ish one to $1100 for an MQ-ish one.

And there’s your price.

Plus, this particular thread is choc full of useful information. Read it or use the search feature and get all of these answers on your own. Good luck.

Even if you read a few posts above, you’ll get a good start with the post made by the awesome contributor known by the name of Hor-Fan !!

Last edited:

Francesco.S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/20
See all the parts listed as “gen”? Look those up and see what you can find them for as the market varies, find someone to sell you a VR3185 movement which should be about $140-$150 and find a Vietnam case set which will vary between $450 for a cheap-ish one to $1100 for an MQ-ish one.

And there’s your price.

Plus, this particular thread is choc full of useful information. Read it or use the search feature and get all of these answers on your own. Good luck.

Even if you read a few posts above, you’ll get a good start with the post made by the awesome contributor known by the name of Hor-Fan !!

Where I can buy a Vietnam case for 450$? Every case I’ve seen were up to 800$

And that type of case need “hard work” to get it gen-like or it’s almost done?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
Where I can buy a Vietnam case for 450$? Every case I’ve seen were up to 800$

And that type of case need “hard work” to get it gen-like or it’s almost done?

There are some sellers on ebay that sell Vietnam dials for ~$300 and some that sell slightly lower quality Vietnam dials for ~$100. I believe those same people might offer cases as well. It might not be 1/3 of the cost but there are definitely different price points for Vietnam cases and yes, I’m sure the quality is reflected in the cost. As for needing “hard work”, I don’t know. That’s subjective. What has been consistent for me and many other members is tripdog ‘s work so maybe your best option is post #316.

Good luck with it.

Francesco.S

30/10/20
There are some sellers on ebay that sell Vietnam dials for ~$300 and some that sell slightly lower quality Vietnam dials for ~$100. I believe those same people might offer cases as well. It might not be 1/3 of the cost but there are definitely different price points for Vietnam cases and yes, I’m sure the quality is reflected in the cost. As for needing “hard work”, I don’t know. That’s subjective. What has been consistent for me and many other members is tripdog ‘s work so maybe your best option is post #316.

Good luck with it.

Ok thank you, but you suppose that them cost 450$ or you have eard or got a transaction with one seller for a Vietnam case set at 450$?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Ok thank you, but you suppose that them cost 450$ or you have eard or got a transaction with one seller for a Vietnam case set at 450$?

If you want one for $450, you’ll have to travel to Ho Chi Minh City and troll the streets until you meet someone who knows someone.

Reactions: Thrasher

Francesco.S

30/10/20
If you want one for $450, you’ll have to travel to Ho Chi Minh City and troll the streets until you meet someone who knows someone.

I was only courious to know if there are cheaper version of 1000$ Vietnam case.
Is there any or not?

WildString46

Known Member
9/1/20
Weast!
I was only courious to know if there are cheaper version of 1000$ Vietnam case.
Is there any or not?

As everyone is recommending, #316... But if price is your qualm, I personally have not seen this case set from an online Viet vendor for less than $650 excluding shipping. $450 is a great deal for this case set, but I don't know any vendor selling it for that price. However, there are Viet cases for other models that are around this price or lower, such as the 4-digit Daytona and Tudor Big Block case sets.

If you can afford to wait an unknown amount of time, I remember reading on stonep 's South Korean Datejust case thread that those guys have a 16710 case in the works.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Can anyone tell me know the gasket required when using a gen 295c Crystal? Will the gasket from the viet case do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS

Here’s a gen 16760 with the standard height gasket of 2.7mm. I believe you can get heights of 2.5, 2.85 or 3.0mm if you don’t like the way this height looks.

Reactions: Danza1813

Francesco.S

30/10/20
As everyone is recommending, #316... But if price is your qualm, I personally have not seen this case set from an online Viet vendor for less than $650 excluding shipping. $450 is a great deal for this case set, but I don't know any vendor selling it for that price. However, there are Viet cases for other models that are around this price or lower, such as the 4-digit Daytona and Tudor Big Block case sets.

If you can afford to wait an unknown amount of time, I remember reading on stonep 's South Korean Datejust case thread that those guys have a 16710 case in the works.

Thank you for your answer mate!