Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone happen to know if he's putting out any 16570 Exp.II cases yet ?
    "Build it and they will come".

Comment

This little firecracker showed up today! Some “tuning” needed, but worth the wait!
      Not sure Pepsi is my main squeeze yet, but boy does it pop…
      Going to be hard pressed to put the sub back on for…. idk… AWHILE….
      This thread and those that helped with the build - can’t thank you guys enough!!!

Comment

Looks great man!! Congrats. Clean as hell.

If you need a coke insert I might know someone

And mandatory as always... specs please.
        Last edited by LetMeHearItNow; 22-05-21, 01:06.

Comment

What a beauty, congrats and wear it in good health!

Comment

Originally posted by LetMeHearItNow View Post
            Looks great man!! Congrats. Clean as hell.

If you need a coke insert I might know someone

And mandatory as always... specs please.

I’ll do a proper post soon!

Comment

Originally posted by CarpetRyd View Post
              This little firecracker showed up today! Some “tuning” needed, but worth the wait!
              Not sure Pepsi is my main squeeze yet, but boy does it pop…
              Going to be hard pressed to put the sub back on for…. idk… AWHILE….
              This thread and those that helped with the build - can’t thank you guys enough!!!

This is very nice, I look forward to more pictures and details. For me, I wait for Tripdog to get my case and begin shaping and just yesterday I ordered a new 600 crown and new 6020 tube later I ordered from WSO the correct tension washer and click spring.
              WTB: OMEGA PLOPROF WHITE DIAL VERSION and MILLE METRI hinged lug

Comment

Originally posted by Thrasher View Post

This is very nice, I look forward to more pictures and details. For me, I wait for Tripdog to get my case and begin shaping and just yesterday I ordered a new 600 crown and new 6020 tube later I ordered from WSO the correct tension washer and click spring.
                I’m pretty much there with my build thanks to LMHIN being an absolute legend with his guidance over the past week or so

I have the click spring sorted but hadn’t thought about the tension washer; any particular reason for my own understanding why I would swap out?

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by watchoself View Post
                  any particular reason for my own understanding why I would swap out?
                  Too thick, and it rusts.

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

Too thick, and it rusts.
                    Every single one has rusted for me. Not just on 167XX cases either. This brand has been great for me and their click springs have worked well. Ernst Westphal or something along those lines. Swiss products.

Comment

What's about the WSO parts? Are they generally ok to use?

Comment

Originally posted by japule24 View Post
                        WSO is a crap shoot. Their tolerances suck so just expect the stuff you order not to work without modification (maybe)…

Comment

Originally posted by japule24 View Post
                          In my experience lots of WSO parts are junk however in the case of the tension washer and click spring WSO makes a better product than what comes standard with the Viet case.
                          WSO Bezel and retaining ring are complete junk ..Do not buy

Comment

Every single one has rusted for me. Not just on 167XX cases either. This brand has been great for me and their click springs have worked well. Ernst Westphal or something along those lines. Swiss products.

They are actually from Germany

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by notyourbusinessmate View Post

They are actually from Germany

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                              The company is in Germany, the parts are Swiss made according to the owner of the company.

Comment

The company is in Germany, the parts are Swiss made according to the owner of the company.
                                Are they on eBay?

Comment

Working...
                                X