• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5513 Budget build

kelt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/13
Yes, the relume of the original dial corrected the short triangle, work was done by RolexAddict, a French Modder, he reshaped the case, shortened the crown, tweaked the bezel to get its autolock function to work as planned and aged the insert.

Reactions: Marguello

Byby75

Horology Curious
24/9/16
I'm new to this stuff, but I've seen Marvelous Replica mentioned several times in regards to a TD offering an inexpensive 5513. Have you checked with him to see if he has any in stock?
I actually ask to MR but he said to that it was in pre-order (not available now):(

Well I got one from TrustyTime, it wont be a problem to mention him as he is a TD in the forum
I'll probaly go with Trusty ;) thx mate

TrulyCraven

Horology Curious
30/1/20
I actually ask to MR but he said to that it was in pre-order (not available now):(

I'll probaly go with Trusty ;) thx mate
When did you ask? JKF was out of bracelets for a few weeks, but they are back now. I just bought a 5513 from MR.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Hi everyone,

I am now thinking of how to age the dial, soak it or bake it :) I read all the topics about tea or coffee soaking, or the oven baking but the images are gone or links are broken so if anyone has some aging examples with baking or soaking, it would be perfect if you could share some with the recipe ;) many thanks rwi!

Byby75

Horology Curious
24/9/16
When did you ask? JKF was out of bracelets for a few weeks, but they are back now. I just bought a 5513 from MR.

If my memory is good, I asked to MR 3 weeks ago.

TrulyCraven

Horology Curious
30/1/20
Hi everyone,

I am now thinking of how to age the dial, soak it or bake it :) I read all the topics about tea or coffee soaking, or the oven baking but the images are gone or links are broken so if anyone has some aging examples with baking or soaking, it would be perfect if you could share some with the recipe ;) many thanks rwi!
I have an order of 6 test dials currently being shipped and will be making a photo comparison of several aging methods once I get them. It'll likely be around the end of the year.

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
I have an order of 6 test dials currently being shipped and will be making a photo comparison of several aging methods once I get them. It'll likely be around the end of the year.

great to hear that :) we folks definitely need a pictorial and comparison on this

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
so, I will be receiving my 5513 JK in 1-2 weeks soon and according to your valuable recommendations, I will start working on my JK dial for aging, to make the giveaways of it blend in a little bit.

JK 5513 is a good point to start and I'll stick with it for a while, yes. but also I am still looking for a decent dial for 5513. Due to my country's problem with Paypal, I can't use it for payment and I cannot find any supplier that accepts different payment methods like bitcoin or transferwise. I tried yuki, helenarou, raffles, ruby but couldn't find a way to make the transaction. Does anyone know of a good dial supplier that can accept bitcoin for example?

I am not trying to be spoonfed, I really tried finding one but I couldn't.

JaxJax

Horology Curious
26/11/20

Hello TrulyCraven you’ve been a great help on my Reddit Question about vintage Rolex/ Tudor Submariners my Reddit name is J0JAX. Thanks for helping us new to the Vintage build world on multiple watch platforms.

TrulyCraven

Horology Curious
30/1/20
Hello TrulyCraven you’ve been a great help on my Reddit Question about vintage Rolex/ Tudor Submariners my Reddit name is J0JAX. Thanks for helping us new to the Vintage build world on multiple watch platforms.

You're most welcome and thanks! I'm new to modding myself and the forums have been such a great resource, I just hope I can give back a bit! Glad you found it useful. I can't wait to hear about the build you end up with.

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Hi everyone,

I cant seem to find a decent dial for the DG2813 movement, the good ones are all ETA compatible. Does anyone know if I can somehow fit an ETA dial to the DG2813 ?

TrulyCraven

Horology Curious
30/1/20
Hi everyone,

I cant seem to find a decent dial for the DG2813 movement, the good ones are all ETA compatible. Does anyone know if I can somehow fit an ETA dial to the DG2813 ?
Most of the best dials (Vietnam dials) are for the Rolex calibers, so it's pretty common to use a dial for a different movement. It involves cutting off the dial feet and using dial dots to attach the dial to the movement.

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
So my project is over!

got the Cartel 5513 base, dropped a HR dial in and some case work.

HR dial - slightly baked and lacquer dusted
CG shaped - pics dont show it well, looks more rectangular in real :/
case, bezel, xtal etc aged and beaten lightly

72-D83-B9-E-845-F-465-C-B287-55997-F34312-E.jpg

Nice job!

You have to cut and paste the BBCode to get the photos to show up in your post.

Last edited: