5513 Budget build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaxJax View Post

Hello TrulyCraven you’ve been a great help on my Reddit Question about vintage Rolex/ Tudor Submariners my Reddit name is J0JAX. Thanks for helping us new to the Vintage build world on multiple watch platforms.
    You're most welcome and thanks! I'm new to modding myself and the forums have been such a great resource, I just hope I can give back a bit! Glad you found it useful. I can't wait to hear about the build you end up with.

Comment

Originally posted by TrulyCraven View Post
      I have an order of 6 test dials currently being shipped and will be making a photo comparison of several aging methods once I get them. It'll likely be around the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
      That would be a great resource, looking forward to it

Comment

Hi everyone,

I cant seem to find a decent dial for the DG2813 movement, the good ones are all ETA compatible. Does anyone know if I can somehow fit an ETA dial to the DG2813 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fedon06 View Post
          Hi everyone,

I cant seem to find a decent dial for the DG2813 movement, the good ones are all ETA compatible. Does anyone know if I can somehow fit an ETA dial to the DG2813 ?
          Most of the best dials (Vietnam dials) are for the Rolex calibers, so it's pretty common to use a dial for a different movement. It involves cutting off the dial feet and using dial dots to attach the dial to the movement.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

So my project is over!

got the Cartel 5513 base, dropped a HR dial in and some case work.

HR dial - slightly baked and lacquer dusted
            CG shaped - pics dont show it well, looks more rectangular in real :/
            case, bezel, xtal etc aged and beaten lightly

https://ibb.co/933Tbr5
            https://ibb.co/Sf3KWqv

Comment

Originally posted by Fedon06 View Post
              So my project is over!

got the Cartel 5513 base, dropped a HR dial in and some case work.

HR dial - slightly baked and lacquer dusted
              CG shaped - pics dont show it well, looks more rectangular in real :/
              case, bezel, xtal etc aged and beaten lightly

Nice job!

You have to cut and paste the BBCode to get the photos to show up in your post.

Last edited by Spoons; 21-01-21, 01:01.

Comment

Working...
              X