• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to mod end links to accept 2mm spring bars

Kalmine64

Patron
Certified
21/9/19
EU
Hi guys,

Sorry to ask that as it was certainly already covered but I can't find it with the search option (which only show me results from 2017 for every search btw)

Does someone know how to mod the end links on a raffle oyster bracelet so it can accept the 2mm spring bars?

Many thanks

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Here's some great info extracted from the tutorial that NCRich posted here on modifying JKF/cartel subs:

While that dries lets modify the bracelet so that the 2mm bars will fit. First I have t enlarge the end of the bracelet, I use a 2mm screwdriver or hexdriver to slightly enlarge the end.

​​​​​​​

OK that fits

Now we need to enlarge the endlinks. You can buy ones to fit but they are $50 freakin dollars or so. I don't think so.

I use these 1.5 and 2 mm burrs in my dremel to ream out the hole. Go slowly, it is easy to rip out the end links or tear up your fingers.

And it fits.

Bracelet done.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Those little collars on the endlinks are pretty thin so be really careful shaving out the inner diameter. I do it by hand, either with the bit in a pin vise or with a round diamond file. Also I had one collar come off and had to epoxy it back in place.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Those little collars on the endlinks are pretty thin so be really careful shaving out the inner diameter. I do it by hand, either with the bit in a pin vise or with a round diamond file. Also I had one collar come off and had to epoxy it back in place.

I concur - they are flimsy pieces of shit metal and if not careful they will rip completely off, or break halfway

Kalmine64

Patron
Certified
21/9/19
EU
Thank you gents.
May I ask how do you do then? Use 1.8mm spring bars even if the lugs have 2mm?

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
I use either a circular tipped file and go slowly with my hand, or just use 1.8MM springbars. its a fake fake no one cares if its 0.2MM not filled into the lugholes

Kalmine64

Patron
Certified
21/9/19
EU
Indeed you’re right. 2mm spring bars are cool when with a nato