Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Vintage Daytona

https://alpha-1993.com/collections/chronograph

Are the cases the Alpha ‘Daytona’ use the same as the cartel vintage Daytona? I’m asking because it’s a lot easier to buy one of these for modding if you are installing a Vietnam dial, and new crown etc

I don't know if they are - it'd be interesting to find out for sure.

But is that a legit site for Alpha? The Alpha I'm familiar with is alpha-watch.com. I see that the Europe based site says "We are an official distributor of "Alpha" watches based in Europe. All our products ships from EU, which allows to ensure fast order processing and delivery to our customers." If it is legit, you pay a bit more for the "convenience" - the red dial chrono is $175 with free shipping from the China Alpha site. That European supplier is charging about $195 + shipping, based on a current dollar/euros conversion.
    My FrankenSub Collection
    My Sub Collection
    My 1675 Adventure

Comment

As far as I know they are as they say the European distributor.

Comment

Originally posted by 6239 View Post
        As far as I know they are as they say the European distributor.
        They might be, but who knows if what they say is legit? I think I'd be inclined to save money and go straight to the original site. Anyway, sorry for derailing your original question. As I mentioned, I'm curious to know the answer as well. I did contact Alpha a while back asking if they'd supply a bezel - but sadly they don't sell it as a separate part. It'll be interesting to know if their stainless bezel will even fit a cartel case.
        My FrankenSub Collection
        My Sub Collection
        My 1675 Adventure

Comment

They are not. These are much bigger cases. I believe almost 40mm with 20mm lugs. The cartel Daytona is 37mm with 19mm lugs. I have both I will take a pic for you to see.

Comment

Comment

Thank you for this. Saved me some money!

Comment

Working...
              X