• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tropic Apocalypse Now; The Horror...The Horror...

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of this watch given epoch of one’s existence--that which makes its wearability, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we wear watches--alone.

IMG-3702.jpg

IMG-3689.jpg

IMG-3705.jpg

I don't like work--no man does--but I like what is in the work--the chance to build watches. Your own reality of watches--for yourself not for others--what no other man can ever know. They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means.

IMG-3712.jpg

IMG-3701.jpg

IMG-3700.jpg

IMG-3704.jpg

IMG-3690.jpg

IMG-3706.jpg

I have wrestled with reps. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmostphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.

IMG-3717.jpg

IMG-3722.jpg

IMG-3723.jpg

IMG-3724.jpg

We penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness

IMG-3718.jpg

IMG-3720.jpg

IMG-3715.jpg

IMG-3716.jpg

The horror! The horror!

IMG-3692.jpg

IMG-3691.jpg

IMG-3708.jpg

IMG-3710.jpg

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Well played bro, the watch and the narrative. Congrats!
Thanks!
I wish it were all more purposeful but I don’t have the bezel and insert at present. I might have gone ahead and just finished the build if I did. But where would we be without brooding contemplations on replicas and existence?

Reactions: LRH1966 and KJ2020

fuzzmex

2/9/17
You know your Conrad!
That first one is one of my favourite book quotes.
Oh and a very nice build to boot.
Looking great already.
​​​Too goddamn right!

Reactions: hanski