• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dial recommendations for Mild vintage looking 5513, era early 70s

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
Looking for advice on who to source a feet first 5513 dial for 2836 movement and hands from.

Have shortened it down to the following list...and based on what I have read their pros and cons. Let me know if I got it right and your recommendations (I am In CONUS).

Ruby:

Pros: likely the best quality amongst this set, would like to get some details though in terms of what that is...vintage look and/or accuracy.

Cons: Higher price point, likely long shipping time.

HR:

Pros: Lower priced than Ruby, several options to choose from in terms of new vs vintaged/distressed.

Cons: longer shipping times

MoChacha:

Pros: similar price point and quality vs HR? Fastest ship times as he is in Canada.

Cons: Limited options in 5513 Ft first dial.

Looking forward to the comments and discussion...thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
giphy.gif

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
The dial feet on Ruby's are for gen movement so you'd have to cut them. HR and Mo have ETA feet.

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
Thanks for that confirmation...I suspected that was the case.

As this is my 1st 5513 build I think I’m gonna go with MoChacha and then age the dial a bit with coffee and other methods I’ve seen around here and on other boards.

I started reading about soldering and attaching dial feet with epoxy and/or two sided tape or dial dots and that sounds like something to tackle next time around...