• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help from movement expert - is this a Valjoux 72?

kentfung1210

Renowned Member
27/3/18
Hey guys first of all thanks for spending time to checkout this thread.

I recently sold my v726 build PN Daytona but I still have an incomplete movement on hand, which I am considering to look for a modder's help to complete it. However this movement doesn't seem to be a V726/727 (though the main plate engraved "727"), some parts seem to be different from the photos of genuine 726/727 which I could find on Google.

Can any expert help to take a look and advise what may be missing for this movement? Thank you!
Mg4NJ.jpg

MgsKP.jpg

kentfung1210

Renowned Member
27/3/18
V23

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you! I know getting v72 parts is still possible (though a bit expensive), and for this V23 looks like most parts in the front side are missing, just wonder if it is hard to get all movement parts to get it work?

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Nope this is far from a gen valjoux! Looks like one of dw‘s mistery movements to me. No idea about all its functions tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Thank you! I know getting v72 parts is still possible (though a bit expensive), and for this V23 looks like most parts in the front side are missing, just wonder if it is hard to get all movement parts to get it work?

Don‘t waster your time buddy this is not usable with v72 parts and is also no v23 as stated by M. Use it for a build if it works but otherwise don‘t waste your time as there are no spare parts for this mistery movement and it also looks and feels pretty cheap..still a decent build might be possible as long it ticks, but you miss the hour pinnion which is probably close to impossible to find unless it lies in your drawer.

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
hi, the DW mystery movement was a modified compax 7750, i used to own two of them and it does not look like it. not an expert on the valjoux though

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
What a hell is this?????????? Is realy an Asian-V23???? ????????????????????

Inviato dal mio SM-A750FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
It is the DW „Mystery movement“ aka Valjoux 23 clone.

Edit for more detail:
This movement is loosely based on the V23 but doesn’t fit any genuine parts.

Last edited:

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
It is the DW „Mystery movement“ aka Valjoux 23 clone.

Edit for more detail:
This movement is loosely based on the V23 but doesn’t fit any genuine parts.

Exactly!

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
I missed this to the appeal I swear .. however seriously speaking, it is not even comparable to the Valjoux 72 being precisely a triple indication caliber in the sub dials, this has only 2 indications being the base caliber 23

Riverwind85

26/4/18
But guys this is part of history!!
The mysterious movement by dw. I still have one running one minute less per day... I am thinking about servicing it just for sentimental value...

Reactions: Cosmograph4Ever

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
But guys this is part of history!!
The mysterious movement by dw. I still have one running one minute less per day... I am thinking about servicing it just for sentimental value...

Can be reliable when you’re lucky. No fault in holding on to it :)