• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release Vintage GMT Master on Puretime. What do you guys think?

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Looks like the same watch you can get from Andrew at TT, but with aged lume and about twice the price. There's about 4 or 5 variation of this watch with different bezels (coke or. pepsi) and dials (white/ black/ black with pink GMT text etc )

It's a completely different watch than the TS station. Different DW, hands, dial, insert, case, bracelet etc . Jtime can source this one for 398 currently. Mine came with the old 4 line syL dial, which was abandoned by TS when it went over to vintage power. The watch is good enough that guys are putting Vietnam dials in.

Reactions: KJ2020 and fuzzmex

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
Seem a cartel / sillix with a improved dial and a cheap bachelite non the good one that sell kuvarsit..
The case back is like the other cartel /sillix without the step on the edge like the kuvarsit

Reactions: fuzzmex

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Seem a cartel / sillix with a improved dial and a cheap bachelite non the good one that sell kuvarsit..
The case back is like the other cartel /sillix without the step on the edge like the kuvarsit

Kuvarsit is selling the SYL dial 6542 for $548 - which is ridiculous

By comparison JTime is selling the same watch for £398.

(You read that right)

Reactions: fuzzmex

simonzz01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/19
EU
the comparison with jtime is not worth neither for price nor for quality.
as already written above it seems to be built with a $ 45 silix case

Reactions: rockdaytona

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Junk - and that's not a 2836 clone.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
the comparison with jtime is not worth neither for price nor for quality.
as already written above it seems to be built with a $ 45 silix case

I’ve long admired the white dial vintage GMT on JTime. Have you seen it to evaluate its quality?

simonzz01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/19
EU
I’ve long admired the white dial vintage GMT on JTime. Have you seen it to evaluate its quality?

no never seen mine had a black dial, if I remember correctly on "New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station" someone had posted photos with the white dial.
Alternatively, you can always think of buying a pan am ruby's dial with the degree of aging you want.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Plenty of pictures of it in this thread:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-by-ts-station

IMO, the white dial is not successful. it just looks cheap and nasty (the regular dial is not wonderful either). I put a white viet dial on mine. The only thing I kept was the hands, movement and case. And I'll probably replace the case soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020