• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help for 1675 build

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
Hello guys,
i’m going to build a 1675, i write a spec list:

-milk case set (case, bezel and caseback)
-milk or WSO insert ( i’m not sure about. What is better?)
-yuki dial with hand that comes with (matt dial with white markers)
-Clark 25-116 plexi
-yuki bracelet (maybe after when i find a gen clasp i put it on)
-yuki crown and tube
-eta 2836 gmt (this one is correct ?https://www.ebay.it/itm/133082960446 )

I know the Milk case needs to be reshaped on the CG, i like the PCG shape but i don’t know if it’s correct with the matt dial...Like this one here:

What do you think about? I know it’s just the beginning with this parts, but at the moment i don’t wanna spend so much, i just wanna have a nice looking watch for everyday use.

Thanks to all for your response and your time.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Pointed (beak) crown guards require gilt dial to be period correct. Older watches will have closed minute track and late sixties ones will have open minute track.
Regarding bezel I'm not sure if fat numbers are correct for any age, but my favourite insert is Milk's by far.

If you want to go with a white markers (modern) dial, why not just keep Milk's standard crown guards? They just need some slimming and they're good to go.

Reactions: gtrt5

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
Pointed (beak) crown guards require gilt dial to be period correct. Older watches will have closed minute track and late sixties ones will have open minute track.
Regarding bezel I'm not sure if fat numbers are correct for any age, but my favourite insert is Milk's by far.

If you want to go with a white markers (modern) dial, why not just keep Milk's standard crown guards? They just need some slimming and they're good to go.

I always see too the PCG associate with a gilt dial. I simply like that design but i never see a PCG with matt dial so i simply ask.
So i keep your suggestion on standard CG! Thanks. What do you think about the rest of the specs?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I always see too the PCG associate with a gilt dial. I simply like that design but i never see a PCG with matt dial so i simply ask.
So i keep your suggestion on standard CG! Thanks. What do you think about the rest of the specs?

Yuki dial is average quality, way better than cartel but I would upgrade it if budget allows. You can get a better spec dial from seller richview818 on ebay in the same price range as yuki's.

Last edited:

gtrt5

Known Member
5/10/09
Hi, for the movement, ETA itself does never produce an 2836 GMT movement, you should use the HZ-6460, an second hand with longer pinion and an GMT Hand with 2mm hole.

I am with kilowattore, if you want to use a matte dial, then go with the standard CG, milks fat font inserts are period correct for matte dials. Milks inserts need a litte work, i heard

Tiger concept inserts snap in without modification but i didn't know the quality for this inserts.

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
I also see the dial from Ruby. They’re nice.
Ruby tell me have 2 choices about the matt dial with white markers. On the website are c4 and c7. What do you guys think?

k94n99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
I also see the dial from Ruby. They’re nice.
Ruby tell me have 2 choices about the matt dial with white markers. On the website are c4 and c7. What do you guys think?

Have you spoken to Ruby recently? I only ask because her email does not work and her website requires a password to enter

Sent from the RWI App

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
Have you spoken to Ruby recently? I only ask because her email does not work and her website requires a password to enter

Sent from the RWI App

Yes i talk with her about 2-3 hr ago

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK

Sent from the RWI App

Yeah buddy, picked up something from her a couple of weeks back. Speedy delivery as usual. I'll PM you the password.

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
I ordered Milk case today. Next is coming Ruby dial and some parts from WSO (spring bars ecc).
I decide to order WSO insert, just to see how it looks. I’ve already have a fuchsia/blue insert in my parts box when it’s the moment i choose for the best looking one.

IlluZion07

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/12/11
France
what is the price for ruby dial because few years ago i get some for 200 bucks but now it seems more $$$

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
I defined the other parts also:

Movement hz6064
Ruby dial
Yuki hands or WSO
Crown+tube Yuki
Plexi Clark 25-116
Bracelet Oyster Yuki (think about order the juibilee too so i can switch the style when i want)
Insert still don’t know, i can’t find my fuchsia insert anymore. Maybe order both inserts from Milk, we see

What do you guys think?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nonox

30/3/12
Tripdog just finished mine and he did a amazing work on milk case

Milk case set cg reshaped
Milk insert aged
ETA lowbeat 2836 powermatic 80 with gmt module
Raffles hand set relumed to match dial
Yuki movement spacer
Ruby’s dial
Clark plexi