• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Project "long E" 1675 MK1

gtrt5

Known Member
5/10/09
Hi @all,

i want to share my experience with you about hunting the right parts for an period correct 1967/68 Rolex 1675 Build.
First the case, I have decided to use milk`s case, his case is 1:1 to an early RCG Case, this is absolut correct for this.

Only the width of the CG i am not sure, maybe a little bit to far, but this will be not a problem.

Next the insert, milk offer the best fat font inserts you can get, for my build i will use both, fuchsia and pepsi, both you can find on the gen at this time.

Dial, I found one from ruby, from ebay the guy from Canada, and one from Vietnam an seller of ebay.

here the pics

1. gen "LongE" Dial

2. ruby

3. ebay canada
4. ebay vietnam

I did order the ebay Vietnam dial, i think this one exactly as possible next to the gen and the dial
costs only USD 100,--

Movement will be the HZ-6460 GMT with adapter ring from helenarou

Hands, you need the second hand with long pinion, raffles and helenarou sells it.

Minute and hour i want to use clarks mercedes hands for Tudor.

GMT hand with 2mm hole, there is one on the way, when it arrive and it is good i post it.

Plexi you can use the sternkreuz XS 302.450 or clarks 25-116 both are ok.

For the crown i found a decent Vietnam one here on the marketplace, it is a copy of the gen. 24-530 crown.

Tube, i use the tube from clark, gen. are the 24-5300 and later the 24-5320.

Date wheel will be the white round3 with open 6&9 from raffle. (it is the expensive one for USD 19,90) ;-)
This date wheel is correct for an service wheel at this time.

I hope i forgot nothing, if anything wrong about my list, pleas let me and the users know!

thanks to kilowattore he is the man who bring the parts together with the right age!

Reactions: johnlogan

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I am doing the exact same build at the moment. I went with a MoChaCha dia, same Clark's plexiglass, modified ETA 2846 with HZ-6460 parts. Same hands. I ordered the Clark's crown tube, but it ended up being the old style which has the lead in chamfer...I was going to machine the case for this, but decided to get the tube from Ofrei instead, which is the new style with a flat mating surface, no modification needed. I am looking for a good crown, thought the Yuki one would be good, but right now the shipping is over 4x the part cost....might as well go gen for that money.

I also have the milk fuschia insert, but it needs modified....not sure why it was made this way. I did order a tiger concept insert, which I read snaps right in...we'll see.

Last edited:

gtrt5

Known Member
5/10/09
Clark sells at the moment only the new style
tube.
The new style tube fits without an modification on milks case, right?

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Clark sells at the moment only the new style
tube.
The new style tube fits without an modification on milks case, right?

hmmm....ok,you are right, the Clarks is new style because it installs with the serrations on the outer larger diameter...but it will have the chamfer to deal with. Ofrei tube installs no mod...see pics..The Ofrei tube comes with a flat gasket...not installed in the pic. Clarks on the left. Milk case with both tubes (just finished my CG's!!!)

my phone takes crappy macro shots....

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
actually, after looking at these pics...once I put the flat gasket in the Ofrei tube it sits near the same height as Clark's. So, probably no big deal for either.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi @all,

i want to share my experience with you about hunting the right parts for an period correct 1967/68 Rolex 1675 Build.
First the case, I have decided to use milk`s case, his case is 1:1 to an early RCG Case, this is absolut correct for this.

Only the width of the CG i am not sure, maybe a little bit to far, but this will be not a problem.

Next the insert, milk offer the best fat font inserts you can get, for my build i will use both, fuchsia and pepsi, both you can find on the gen at this time.

Dial, I found one from ruby, from ebay the guy from Canada, and one from Vietnam an seller of ebay.

here the pics

1. gen "LongE" Dial

2. ruby

3. ebay canada
4. ebay vietnam

I did order the ebay Vietnam dial, i think this one exactly as possible next to the gen and the dial
costs only USD 100,--

Movement will be the HZ-6460 GMT with adapter ring from helenarou

Hands, you need the second hand with long pinion, raffles and helenarou sells it.

Minute and hour i want to use clarks mercedes hands for Tudor.

GMT hand with 2mm hole, there is one on the way, when it arrive and it is good i post it.

Plexi you can use the sternkreuz XS 302.450 or clarks 25-116 both are ok.

For the crown i found a decent Vietnam one here on the marketplace, it is a copy of the gen. 24-530 crown.

Tube, i use the tube from clark, gen. are the 24-5300 and later the 24-5320.

Date wheel will be the white round3 with open 6&9 from raffle. (it is the expensive one for USD 19,90) ;-)
This date wheel is correct for an service wheel at this time.

I hope i forgot nothing, if anything wrong about my list, pleas let me and the users know!

thanks to kilowattore he is the man who bring the parts together with the right age!

Gorgeous build !!! Congrats
Would you please share a link to that Vietnam seller who sells that long E dial ?..

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
Hi guys, great thread. Where do you order tiger concept insert from ?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
good morning, get an email today from the ebay dial seller. He created a facebook site, you can find pics from his stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010641481367

now it is much easier to order dials from him
Great news and thanks for sharing ...
That guy has really nice dials ... I just hope he won't increase the prices just because of increasing popularity ...

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

audiostorming

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/10/17
ITALY
PTrPc.jpg

This build is with Milk case , sternkreuz plexus, Yuki crown and mochacha dial

Last edited:

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
PTrPc.jpg

This build is with Milk case , sternkreuz plexus, Yuki crown and mochacha dial

Good looking watch, but i don’t like the yellow dial lume in contrast with the white hand lume...But it’s my personal opinion :)
What crown and tube do you use? And how you aged the insert, especially in the blue part with that kinda of circular lighter shade? Thanks

audiostorming

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/10/17
ITALY
Good looking watch, but i don’t like the yellow dial lume in contrast with the white hand lume...But it’s my personal opinion :)
What crown and tube do you use? And how you aged the insert, especially in the blue part with that kinda of circular lighter shade? Thanks

Yes the photo was taken before relume the hands because I' ve had to wait the long pinion second hand, this is the def step, for the insert I've done several passes with cottonfioc and bleach only on from the mid part to the external part of the insert absolutely under strong sunlight

Reactions: deadpan

gtrt5

Known Member
5/10/09
I get yesterday the gmt Hand from rafflestime but I decide to order the flat one because this is more gen like