• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Milky 1675 Build - Gilt Underline Double Swiss PCG!

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
A quick shout out to all the vintage watch fanatics - I hope everyone is keeping well!

I wanted to share the latest edition to my rotation, a Milky built 1675. This is almost entirely built from his available parts:

- Case & bezel
- Insert
- Dial
- Hands (excluding the GMT hand)

Immense credit to milk051506 , the quality on the parts and finishing of the build is truly stunning!

The watch is running an Asia 2836 movement with a custom DWO.

As most of you already know (and perhaps to those who dont), the 1675 case he offers comes with excess material at the lugs so that they may be shaped according to preference. In this build, the CG's have been shaped to a beautiful PCG case.

The insert has been faded into a soft blue / pink tone. I would say with confidence this is easily one of the best possible fat font inserts you can get for a vintage Pepsi 1675. The insert really makes the entire watch pop.

Lastly, the dial: The dial print is a true gilt, with a slightly rippled glossy surface texture. Against the contrast of the deep black, the gilt lettering glows like a torch at the right angles. But the best part? The underline and "double-swiss" detailing on the print. This is a rare bird and truly unique.

Sharing a few pictures here of the final results, thanks for taking the time to read!

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Absolutely amazing. I had mine built by tripdog recently as well. I opted for a fuchsia insert so I can just grab a vanilla Pepsi and black insert down the road

Reactions: LuminorReptar

gtrt5

Known Member
5/10/09
Hi, wonderful build!!!
which DWO do you use?
i am building an longE mk1 and I don’t
know which DWO to use?
i have an Silver Pete with flat3 and open
6&9 and an incoming white one with
round3 and flat 6&9 same as an Service
datewheel at this time.

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Hi, wonderful build!!!
which DWO do you use?
i am building an longE mk1 and I don’t
know which DWO to use?
i have an Silver Pete with flat3 and open
6&9 and an incoming white one with
round3 and flat 6&9 same as an Service
datewheel at this time.

Thanks man!

You could contact milk051506 for the overlay he used. Or I understand that yodog also has the same ones available.

I'm not entirely sure which would be best for a Long E MK1.. haha sorry

Reactions: yodog

Replica01

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/16
Great piece!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G981B met Tapatalk

oldpatina007

Horology Curious
7/2/20
Twin says hello.
I bought some inserts from milk051506 the guy it's absolutely great to deal with.

VX4d7T.jpg

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Twin says hello.
I bought some inserts from milk051506 the guy it's absolutely great to deal with.

VX4d7T.jpg

Agreed, Milky is a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with! His parts are up there amongst some of the best I've seen.

Your build looks fantastic, can't get enough underline dial - Wear it in good health!