• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Feasibility of cartel/JKF daytona builds

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Hey guys i've been on a vintage daytona craze and am looking to commission my next build and am looking for something more unique.

Was thinking of either a 6265 big eyes or sigma dial or double signed dial or a 6240 with MK0 pushers.

If i'm not wrong the ST19 cannot accept gen spec pushers due to the securing mechanism being different.

Also idk if the viet dial manufactures produce double signed or big eyes or sigma dials. Could anyone chime in on the feasibility of any of these potential builds? Thanks!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Hey guys i've been on a vintage daytona craze and am looking to commission my next build and am looking for something more unique.

Was thinking of either a 6265 big eyes or sigma dial or double signed dial or a 6240 with MK0 pushers.

If i'm not wrong the ST19 cannot accept gen spec pushers due to the securing mechanism being different.

Also idk if the viet dial manufactures produce double signed or big eyes or sigma dials. Could anyone chime in on the feasibility of any of these potential builds? Thanks!

I know people have made the pushers work by attaching a small piece of metal or whatever so it would reach the movement.

As for the dials, ruby will make you any custom dial you want but they’re never gonna be cheap. I think the last dial I asked about that she said would have to be a custom order was $600 or so. Not too bad but it’s not cheap either.

You should talk to thesociety. He seems to make amazing Daytona builds. Not cheap but they’re f**kin AMAZING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolex_panelai

Known Member
13/3/12
As for the dials, ruby will make you any custom dial you want but they’re never gonna be cheap. I think the last dial I asked about that she said would have to be a custom order was $600 or so. Not too bad but it’s not cheap either.

they are great indeed!

how do you get this shipped from VN?

PatrickSZ

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/12/19
caa96f9a7fde39e0ada0cad18dda6361.jpg

All my Daytonas are based on Cartel/JFK with ST19

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12

to be able to mount the original pushers you must absolutely reshape the case, because those of the cartel are completely wrong because they are too high and too wide, also you must lower the section of the housing of the buttons,
And to do a good job you'd better buy a case of Phong with his good pushers and you'll get a great job.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
to be able to mount the original pushers you must absolutely reshape the case, because those of the cartel are completely wrong because they are too high and too wide, also you must lower the section of the housing of the buttons,
And to do a good job you'd better buy a case of Phong with his good pushers and you'll get a great job.

do you know how much phong charges for his case sets? I cant see any prices on his site.

EDIT: nevermind, didnt realize you have to click the small shipping calculator to view the prices.

Last edited:

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19

Actually yeah i was looking at this but idk if i need a valjoux 72 for this to work or if i can use a ST19. Been looking at a couple a val 72 chronos to sacrifice but idk yet seems a bit vulgar to sacrifice a gen watch for it's movement

Espada

Horology Curious
14/2/15
Muskoka Canada
Love your Daytonas, Thanks for sharing.

That's quite a collection! I'm headed in the same direction, but would like to start with a 39mm Cartel For everyday wear. I love the reliability of the ST19. I agree that it's a shame to sacrifice a gen movement for a rep, But serious collectors have been doing this for ages as the daytona prices have gone mental. I see it more and more... There are even gen Cases and Dials with rebuilt and modified V72 to Rolex spec available from reputable auth dealers. they call them bridge pieces. They will only show you them, if you seem desperate to get any daytona. then all of a sudden "I have this piece that one of my clients brought in...."

I'm new to the Forum and am just starting to build my knowledge base. A ST19 makes perfect sense except for the 6oclock sub dial and function. Surprised that someone hasn't compromised and just spaced them according to the ST-19, and moved on. Most people can't tell.

I travel extensively and visit the more notable dealers of antique watches. After a while.. you get a sense of what looks right. I have noticed lately that there are more and more "questionable" watches for sale. As these watches have achieved ridiculous values, the temptation to cash in on this gets pretty understandable.

I look back, and beat myself up for not extending myself not too long ago and fork out the $ for a Gen...

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
Love your Daytonas, Thanks for sharing.

That's quite a collection! I'm headed in the same direction, but would like to start with a 39mm Cartel For everyday wear. I love the reliability of the ST19. I agree that it's a shame to sacrifice a gen movement for a rep, But serious collectors have been doing this for ages as the daytona prices have gone mental. I see it more and more... There are even gen Cases and Dials with rebuilt and modified V72 to Rolex spec available from reputable auth dealers. they call them bridge pieces. They will only show you them, if you seem desperate to get any daytona. then all of a sudden "I have this piece that one of my clients brought in...."

I'm new to the Forum and am just starting to build my knowledge base. A ST19 makes perfect sense except for the 6oclock sub dial and function. Surprised that someone hasn't compromised and just spaced them according to the ST-19, and moved on. Most people can't tell.

I travel extensively and visit the more notable dealers of antique watches. After a while.. you get a sense of what looks right. I have noticed lately that there are more and more "questionable" watches for sale. As these watches have achieved ridiculous values, the temptation to cash in on this gets pretty understandable.

I look back, and beat myself up for not extending myself not too long ago and fork out the $ for a Gen...

Honestly with the 6 o’clock mod is so essential once you see it you can’t unsee it, will be doing a modded vs stock JKF soon, honestly the only reason to do a non 6 o’clock modded JKF is if you really can’t spare the cash. But if you’re gonna go through the effort of modded a chronograph imo you should just get a modder to do it.

Reactions: Espada