• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 1675 GMT 'Milk case'.

MaxDu

Known Member
15/1/20
No the cases are completely different.
They’re both accepting 20mm bracelets and are Rolex‘s, but that’s it.

The crown guards and lugs are different of course but those things are going to be modded anyway on any cases so... « just » need to reshape them to look closer to a 512 than a 1675. But you seems to be the expert :)

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
Sorry, not trying to derail the Milk case topic with 7206/80 bracelet talk (Milk cases are affordable and awesome for so many reasons that you can’t get with other cases) but I think it’s worth mentioning the Yuki style riveted bracelets fit and suit both Milk and ‘Viet’ cases nicely. The bracelet I posted above was redone a bit tho... tripdog does an awesome job with them by refinishing, polishing, brushing, ultrasound cleaning, adjusting the end links so they take 2mm fat spring bars and also to allow the last link to sit correctly and follow the curve of the wrist. Way worth it and affordable IMO. This is a different case so I’ll post a pic with these bracelets on a Milk case in a bit, but here’s how they sit:

ZRNfI5.jpg

Reactions: tripdog

Tollo74

Patron
Certified
31/5/19
This is what arrives

e780ffc7a328d11fce02c1dcdfcfb941.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: keisuke_z

BFann22

Horology Curious
28/5/21
This is absolutely stunning. I realize that I am new here and don’t have any cred. But I must say after reading the comparisons and great threads about the various style cases as well as the work that goes into this, I am thoroughly impressed. I also think this milk case is the way to go. If I may ask, is it possible to commission one of these builds? I am seriously interested.

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
This is absolutely stunning. I realize that I am new here and don’t have any cred. But I must say after reading the comparisons and great threads about the various style cases as well as the work that goes into this, I am thoroughly impressed. I also think this milk case is the way to go. If I may ask, is it possible to commission one of these builds? I am seriously interested.

Plenty of modders on here that can build you a watch. You usually supply the parts although some modders have connections with suppliers as well. ‘Commissioning’ a build will depend upon two things; budget and location. There are modders in Europe, the USA & Asia on here. Have a long read of all the threads related to these builds and you’ll see the same names crop up again and again in terms of vintage Rolex. Once you know who’s work you like you can contact them for a quote. In the meantime order a milk case if that’s what you want-you won’t be disappointed for the money. It’s a fantastic case. It is sterile, and the bezel needs modding to make it turn, but it’s a beautiful start to a watch.

Reactions: BFann22

BFann22

Horology Curious
28/5/21
Thanks deadpan, appreciate the reply. I have been lurking around the vintage posts all evening. Do folks typically get upset if you PM them for a quote out of the blue?

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
BFann22 If I were you I would come prepared with knowledge and/or research on the specific things you’re looking for in a build that are make or break for you. Like the case being regular crown guards or pcg, the specific dial, the type of movement, etc just as some examples. If you already know half of what you want I’m sure most of the guys will be more apt to help you fill in the gaps or make suggestions.

Just my opinion. Good luck with it, there are many good modders and watch builders as deadpan said, but there are a few that are superior by far from my personal experience. You can figure out who they are by the repeated mentions and references to them. I would personally reach out to a modder/builder with a great set of skills and reputation regardless of their location over someone that lives closer to you. But again, just my opinion from experience with higher end and pricier builds.

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
BFann22 If I were you I would come prepared with knowledge and/or research on the specific things you’re looking for in a build that are make or break for you.

..., but there are a few that are superior by far from my personal experience. You can figure out who they are by the repeated mentions and references to them. I would personally reach out to a modder/builder with a great set of skills and reputation regardless of their location over someone that lives closer to you. .

Took the words right out of my mouth ;-). Couldn’t agree more. I try to read all of the threads about a specific model for a while, then alternate between books/ HQ Milton/ YouTube/ VN sellers & try to draw up a list of what I want. I often pour over pics of various years etc. When I’m undecided about whether I want one dial variation or another etc., before refining my list. I then start to reach out for clarification on what a modder can source and what I need to supply, and get very realistic about budget (which can easily spiral).

I would also agree with LetMeHearItNow about the standard of modders-spending a while reading on here soon reveals people that are almost ‘next level’ in terms of skills and knowledge.

Reactions: LetMeHearItNow

BFann22

Horology Curious
28/5/21
Thanks LetMeHearItNow and deadpan. Again really appreciate the comments. I know pretty much most of what I'd be looking for in a 1675 Re: crown guards, dial, ect. (I'm really partial towards late 60's, Mk 1...) My knowledge is limited on some other things especially as I keep learning on this. i.e. Movements that work outside of gen., crown size ect. After looking around I see what you both mean by certain names consistently popping up. I have enjoyed reading all this and extremely fun learning more.

Reactions: LetMeHearItNow

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
I read this thread a few times over when I was looking for info;

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/vintage-watches/8504111-project-rwi-raffle-win-a-1675-build

a number of movements will fit-the hangzhou 6460 seems to be a common choice. Crown wise yo need a 24.530.0. There are two types (An earlier one with steel ‘crimped’ over (brass?) and a later one that appears to be solid steel). The little knowledge I have was gleaned from reading here and talking to tripdog who obvs needs little intro in terms of his abilities. He has always been super helpful.