• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 1675 GMT 'Milk case'.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A DG3804B will fit in the case, but stem height is very tight and the movement tab at 9 o'clock doesn't have purchase on the inside of the case, so you need to cut a tab so that it sits at an angle in the case.

The Fetishist

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/1/20
A DG3804B will fit in the case, but stem height is very tight and the movement tab at 9 o'clock doesn't have purchase on the inside of the case, so you need to cut a tab so that it sits at an angle in the case.

it is always useful to have this type of information to share, I would have another question, the stem that comes together with the movement DG 3804 fits the gen crown? or you need to make changes

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
it is always useful to have this type of information to share, I would have another question, the stem that comes together with the movement DG 3804 fits the gen crown? or you need to make changes

Rolex stems & crowns are Tap 9, as are most stems & crowns.

Reactions: Surftime

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Milk has done such a great service to us. Those crown guards are sweet because it allows us to really get to whatever shape we want. My next project.. please don’t stop making them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
They are great after some reworking for sure..JMB can throw on some nice engravings too after the fact

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
They are great after some reworking for sure..JMB can throw on some nice engravings too after the fact

Can Justin engrave between the lugs as well? I can email him if you don’t know. He does a great job with PanAm case backs but he has to mill the surface flat hence my question. Thanks.

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
oIPii.jpg

Cristiano2.0

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/2/20
tripdog Hi information, what can I use to decrease the width of an insert to fit a milk bezel?

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
This is a wonderful build. I had priced out this watch in the past many times and the builds came in at over $1200 just for parts so that case is a steal. Always thought the gmt crownguards were the most aesthetically pleasing out of all models and you've nailed the shape on these.

MaxDu

Known Member
15/1/20
Hey guys ! What do you think about using a milk’s case to build a 5512 ? The main issue gonna be the bezel and the insert but do you think it is manageable ?

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
Hey guys ! What do you think about using a milk’s case to build a 5512 ? The main issue gonna be the bezel and the insert but do you think it is manageable ?

What? U can’t use a 1675 case for a 5512/5513/1680.

Last edited:

MaxDu

Known Member
15/1/20
What? U can’t use a 1675 case for a 5512/5513/1680.

Does the midcase don’t look the same ? I mean, of course the bezel and the insert are not correct, and the dimensions of dial and movement are not the same but as long as it is supposed to end with ETA, it’s not a big deal right ?

at my eyes the midcase are almost the same. I mean, certainly closer to gen than a a cartel case...

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
Does the midcase don’t look the same ? I mean, of course the bezel and the insert are not correct, and the dimensions of dial and movement are not the same but as long as it is supposed to end with ETA, it’s not a big deal right ?

at my eyes the midcase are almost the same. I mean, certainly closer to gen than a a cartel case...

No the cases are completely different.
They’re both accepting 20mm bracelets and are Rolex‘s, but that’s it.