• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Purchase list for 1675 build, will it match?

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Hey guys, I really want to start building a simple vintage 1675 piece and did a lot of reading in the last weeks on the possibilities of movements / cases / dials etc.

There is still some things I'm not sure, but here it goes:

Cartel 1675 case
DG3804b movement
Yuki dial (gen spec?)
Clarks bezel assembly
Clarks crystal
Raffles caseback
Raffles hands
Custom insert

Yuki lists the 1675 GMT dials as gen spec with the dial feet at 30 and 57 minute. Will this work with the DG3804 movement? Or will they need to be clipped?

OR should I aim for a different dial / movement combo? I would rather not try my hand at resoldering feet, so if there's a possibility to avoid the whole clipping I'd definitely prfer that.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
You’ll have to clip the dial feet and you will most likely need to get a taller pinion set so the hands clear the dial.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
JKF is cartel now I think. The JKF 1680 I bought was def a cartel case. So get a JKF GMT and swap out the parts you want to use. Gen dial will need new feet or dial dots.

Gen tube will need the cartel case tapped to fit. Atheya may have the crown and case for it and should fit a cartel case without retapping but I’m not a 100% sure if he sells GMT tube and crowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mew

mew

18/12/15
Germany
JKF is cartel now I think. The JKF 1680 I bought was def a cartel case. So get a JKF GMT and swap out the parts you want to use. Gen dial will need new feet or dial dots.

Gen tube will need the cartel case tapped to fit. Atheya may have the crown and case for it and should fit a cartel case without retapping but I’m not a 100% sure if he sells GMT tube and crowns.

Thanks guys!

Yes, I was gonna buy the whole watch, strip it and then replace the parts. I found two possible donors.

1: BP 1675 with 2813 (probably modified to DG3804 spec)
2: Cartel 1675 with 2836 - Andrew mentioned this one is only available with the Asian 2836 movement

Should I consider any other cartel cases?

Thanks! :)

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Hey guys, I really want to start building a simple vintage 1675 piece and did a lot of reading in the last weeks on the possibilities of movements / cases / dials etc.

There is still some things I'm not sure, but here it goes:

Cartel 1675 case
DG3804b movement
Yuki dial (gen spec?)
Clarks bezel assembly
Clarks crystal
Raffles caseback
Raffles hands
Custom insert

Yuki lists the 1675 GMT dials as gen spec with the dial feet at 30 and 57 minute. Will this work with the DG3804 movement? Or will they need to be clipped?

OR should I aim for a different dial / movement combo? I would rather not try my hand at resoldering feet, so if there's a possibility to avoid the whole clipping I'd definitely prfer that.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Good parts list, looking forward to see opinions as I'll be embarking on a similar adventure.

The only difference is that I will start with a 1655 as a base watch but the rest same as yours ;)

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Already in touch with ruby, thanks guys! The dial I'm being quoted at is 225$ but I suppose that's the new customer fee haha.

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Interested aswell in the conversation having in mind the same project !!