• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

rolex 16014 16030 case - reshape of a cartel 2824 case [WIP]

riderocket

18/9/18
Measured for you. I only have one 160xx DJ, and it uses the shoulderless spring bars.

0.85mm is the diameter at the end of the spring bar that fits perfectly to the case hole. I suppose that means somewhere in between 0.9 - 1mm hole for the case. I don't have the tools to measure the case hole itself.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

maikols

5/10/18
Measured for you. I only have one 160xx DJ, and it uses the shoulderless spring bars.

0.85mm is the diameter at the end of the spring bar that fits perfectly to the case hole. I suppose that means somewhere in between 0.9 - 1mm hole for the case. I don't have the tools to measure the case hole itself.

Hope it helps.
Thank you sir. This kind of spring bar are in the way.

Next what about a good 6mm crown?
Are avaible a good one on ebay or where?
Let's. Check if I have to retap the crown hole

Inviato dal mio STF-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

riderocket

18/9/18
The 160xx series uses the 24-600 Twinlock crown.
I'm not aware of any readily available rep of that crown, that looks close enough to the original.
If I were to spend > €250 on a case I'd buy a gen crown for around €60 (+ fitting tube). That means re-drilling and re-tapping the crown tube thread. It shouldn't be difficult for someone who is able to drill lug holes.

Again, this is only my opinion, perhaps someone else knows a good source of a rep crown.

Last edited:

maikols

5/10/18
The 160xx series uses the 24-600 Twinlock crown.
I'm not aware of any readily available rep of that crown, that looks close enough to the original.
If I were to spend > €250 on a case I'd buy a gen crown for around €60 (+ fitting tube). That means re-drilling and re-tapping the crown tube thread. It shouldn't be difficult for someone who is able to drill lug holes.

Again, this is only my opinion, perhaps someone else knows a good source of a rep crown.

Yes this is why i asked you for a good aftermarket crown+tube not expensive . So i can drill and tab the tube thread and install it .

This let's people to buy only the crown coz the crown tube accept original one .
where you can find an original crown for 60$ ??

regards

riderocket

18/9/18
Tube is easy, there are plenty of cheap aftermarket.

Crown is a bit more difficult: M2M, ebay, if you are lucky, you can find one for around €60. Used of course, in various conditions. It's a gambit as with all used gen parts...

maikols

5/10/18
Tube is easy, there are plenty of cheap aftermarket.

Crown is a bit more difficult: M2M, ebay, if you are lucky, you can find one for around €60. Used of course, in various conditions. It's a gambit as with all used gen parts...

I need to find a good not expensive rolex crown + tube .
I think most of the aftermarked crown and tube are bettar or same of the stock raffles case.
the raffles case use a smaller tube then the original one

riderocket

18/9/18
Rhetorical question: What's the point on making a €250 case and then using a cheap shitty looking crown?

riderocket

18/9/18
To be on the constructive side:

nObZR.jpg

6mm crowns that I have for DJ projects:
Bottom left is Yuki, center is a cheap Raffles, top right is the gen 24-600.

For some the Yuki could be an alternative but it's not exactly cheap and it uses a tube that is not compatible with any of my other crowns.
Also the crown does not thread to any of my rep or gen cases' crown tube.

Last edited:

maikols

5/10/18
Rhetorical question: What's the point on making a €250 case and then using a cheap shitty looking crown?

If I use a hight level and expensive crown the total cost go hight but if I use a tube that accept Gen crown and a chip one the total cost does not go hight. So anyone can change the crown with a Gen one without take care of tab the tube.

maikols

5/10/18
riderocket i studied today .

So we have 2 type of 6 mm crown . On is for the new model 16200 and one if for the vintage model 16030/16014 .

The difference is about the size of the crown tube . The new is 4mm and the old is 4.4 mm .

Now i'm looking for a nice crown and a tube (about 40 euro ) .

If i found a tube that has the inside size of 2.5 mm and outide of 4.4 mm i no need to retap the case hole but will accept gen crown .

Of course this make the case more expensive but can accept more gen parts.

stay connect .wip wip wip

maikols

5/10/18
4.1mm, 24-6000 tube
Si you change it or it is the default tube installed?
Your answer make me. Crazy.!i was waiting your answer about 4.4mm tube not 4.1.

Lol

riderocket

18/9/18
This is all gen from factory broached inner spline 24-6000 tube, with the corresponding 24-600 crown.
I don't understand what are you expecting. Language barrier perhaps?

Last edited:

maikols

5/10/18
Keep in mind, this is from 1979 and AFAIK the original tube of the watch. Not a whole lot of thread left. Perhaps that difference accounts for wear and tear.
In fact I may explore the possibility of getting the tube replaced.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/sku/details/generic-rolex-case-bracelet-parts-by-list/c8360

Lists crown tube thread as 4.35mm

Good luck with your search!
The 4. 4 mm is the one I think is the right and period correct.
The 4.1 mm is the ne version for 36 mm like the 16200

riderocket

18/9/18
You asked me to measure, I measured.
I don't feel like taking my watches apart every other night taking measurements any more.

How about sharing your own experience?

maikols

5/10/18
You asked me to measure, I measured.
I don't feel like taking my watches apart every other night taking measurements any more.

How about sharing your own experience?
Tomorrow I measure mine.
I no want you take your apart again dont worry

Thank you for your support sir