• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***Official open 6 & 9 datewheel thread***

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
IdFJ3.jpg

A different open 9. ;-)

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Thank you, Lawless.

TC case with pierced lugs franken movement everything else Gen

Very nice!! Did you have to have the rehaut shortened on the TC case? I am very interested in having a 16800 built and am wondering if my 16100 TC case can be modified to work.
What movement is in the watch? Is it a 3135 or an ETA?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Very nice!! Did you have to have the rehaut shortened on the TC case? I am very interested in having a 16800 built and am wondering if my 16100 TC case can be modified to work.
What movement is in the watch? Is it a 3135 or an ETA?

Sfgerl, I believe everything should fit without issue using a 3135 movement. Yes the gen 16800 rehaut is indeed shallower, you wouldn't need this mod to make everything work unless the taller rehaut is a bother on your tc case.

cheers

Reactions: tribal

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Thanks very much! If I can ask, where did you source your gen matte dial, and what sis it cost you? I can get one (Tritium markers eggshell color, no surrounds, Mk1 dial with shorter coronet ferrules and serif on "1" ) that is in fair to good shape, has some minor scratches here and there but is overall in decent condition for about $1100. Is that a decent price, do you think? As far as I'm concerned, there is no point having the 16800 without the matte dial....

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Thanks very much! If I can ask, where did you source your gen matte dial, and what sis it cost you? I can get one (Tritium markers eggshell color, no surrounds, Mk1 dial with shorter coronet ferrules and serif on "1" ) that is in fair to good shape, has some minor scratches here and there but is overall in decent condition for about $1100. Is that a decent price, do you think? As far as I'm concerned, there is no point having the 16800 without the matte dial....

I keep close tabs on matte dial sales and anything under $1000 for an excellent condition dial is a good deal, $1300 is on the high side for anything excellent. The crystal hides minor scratches and imperfections.

I agree a matte dial is a must on a 16800 build but equally important is the O 69 date wheel and those are very hard to find. IMO date overlays are a no go but that's an objective opinion.

This build
Franken SH3135 with O 69 DW
TC case pierced lugs the rehaut depth is not something that I obsess about, it's very difficult to see the difference.
Gen bezel, insert. crown bracelet
Prof crystal

IMG-4597-2.jpg

Last edited: