• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***Official open 6 & 9 datewheel thread***

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
354658dbde414d13144f0eff735f2993.jpg

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
Hi guys, I am looking for a white open 6 suitable for a 1675 with a 2836. So many disk but almost all left justified. Any source for a centered one (excluding gen....).? Tx in advance

Gen 1570 datewheels (with knubs cut to serve as a DWO) won't work with ETA movements, since the number order is incorrect. And there are issues regarding dimensions that may get in your way too. Raffles and even Riyi DWOs are apparently all left-justified, as I've learned through reading here. There are three options I know of:

1. Polexpete DWOs, currently not being produced by polexpete (who sells on ebay, google for more details).
2. Print your own DWO. There are threads on RWG for this, I haven't tried myself but am considering doing so soon.
3. Some members here, like tripdog and yodog, seem to use nicely-justified DWOs on their ETA-based builds. Not sure where exactly they get them from, but perhaps you can ask them.

There are some open 6/9 datewheels for 3035 and 3135 movements with the "right" number order for ETAs, but they're rare, and I would never waste one getting it fit on an ETA as a DWO.

I'm still learning about all of this myself, so keep us updated on your search if you get more info.