• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REP 5513 insert ?

Buck Dancer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/19
hi, looks weird to me as well; like it had been sanded down on the edge to fit a too small bezel ring. Maybe it's a gen insert inside a rep bezel ring. But the space between numbers and xtall seems variable (space below 30 is smaller the the one below 10). But there is worst: did you notice the spider dial? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
hi, looks weird to me as well; like it had been sanded down on the edge to fit a too small bezel ring. Maybe it's a gen insert inside a rep bezel ring. But the space between numbers and xtall seems variable (space below 30 is smaller the the one below 10). But there is worst: did you notice the spider dial? ;)

Spiderdial man made?

Buck Dancer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/19
I was joking, it was irony. I just don't like spider dials. It's not my best joke. But, some Rolex TD don't accept those dials anymore, I understand it's because there are a lot of fake spider dials and maybe it's not a really good/trendy "flaw" like pink inserts for a GMT or a tropical dial for a sub.
To answer to your question, whether if it's natural or handmade... I don't know, but it looks ok. There are a lot of gen spider dials here, and the one you posted looks like them:
https://www.hqmilton.com/timepieces/search?q=spider

Reactions: johnlogan