• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Retailer Signed Dials

Nozzle3

Horology Curious
18/11/19
Estonia
I would like to know any way to fabricate the look of a dealer signature on a vintage project watch I may do. Is it a sticker or is it inked on, I am relatively new on how the watches are made. How would I go about adding these to a dial, for example Türler or Cartier signature. I appreciate the help and advice.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Won’t answer your query directly, but I understood that MQ (Viet parts retailer) can add stamps to refinished dial he sells for a fee.

Last example I have in mind is a Tiffany Rolex 16800 dial he sold for 400$.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Last example I have in mind is a Rolex 16800 dial Tiffany stamped for 400$.
It's a mark of how far one's getting pulled down the rep rabbit hole that I looked at your report of $400 for a custom print dial and thought, "hmm, that's not bad." :)

Reactions: ssouthall6

barth

5/10/12
It's a mark of how far one's getting pulled down the rep rabbit hole that I looked at your report of $400 for a custom print dial and thought, "hmm, that's not bad." :)

Didn't give my opinion on purpose, but afraid i'm down the same hole...

:)

bc1221

30/4/14
Won’t answer your query directly, but I understood that MQ (Viet parts retailer) can add stamps to refinished dial he sells for a fee.

Last example I have in mind is a Tiffany Rolex 16800 dial he sold for 400$.

He sold you the entire dial for $400?!? Damn. He just quoted me $1600 for a 16800 dial. WTF

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barth

5/10/12
He sold you the entire dial for $400?!? Damn. He just quoted me $1600 for a 16800 dial. WTF

:(

Well it wasn't me, it was someone else in the Vintage watch section. He probably quoted you this price for a gen dial, you should ask for a 'refinished' dial: the price should come down.

Letmeinplease

30/8/16
Well it wasn't me, it was someone else in the Vintage watch section. He probably quoted you this price for a gen dial, you should ask for a 'refinished' dial: the price should come down.
I've had the same sort of figures quoted by him.
I think it depends on what kind of day he's having. Only place I've seen a decent 5500 explorer but I was quoted crazy figures

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

bc1221

30/4/14
I've had the same sort of figures quoted by him.
I think it depends on what kind of day he's having. Only place I've seen a decent 5500 explorer but I was quoted crazy figures

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yea. Tell him you need a refinished dial. I told him that and got quoted $450. Haven’t decided if I want to do that yet but def mention refinished.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A refinished dial would be a genuine dial that had been refinished - i.e. there was some damage to it and the damage was repaired.

Sellers that claim they are selling 'refinished' dials and that they are genuine dials that have been repaired are lying - there really isn't any such thing as dial that has been completely, 100% refinished - if you've removed all the paint, printing etc, then it's just a brass disc.

All sellers on eBay and elsewhere that sell 'refinished' dials are lying, they are selling fake dials and getting around counterfeiting laws by claiming the dials are refinished, when in fact they are fake.