Alternative to Vietnam Dials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tschacko View Post
    Haha always up for a challenge I think I did not use the word perfection but I think that level is pretty satisfying for me at least:

ARF or Noob V3 116500 Daytona:
    https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...arf-v2-daytona

the Daytona Dial was 40 $ when I bought it last year.

Or the new ZZF v2 116610 LN is killer and and the even ohh so difficult LV are really nice.
    Here:
    https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ew-hulk-sample

Not mentioning KH dials in the TC times.

Do you have something similar in the 1675 ?
    Not sure why it's so important that the font be exactly the same as the genuine. They used different font, different spacing according to the variant of the dial, and there are 7 variants to the matte 1675 dial (that's not including the gloss gilt dials).

Hardly anybody will notice that the font isn't perfect, especially if you have the dial in an un-refinished Ruby case, or one of Phongs' comically aged cases - the dial would be the least of your problems..

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

Not sure why it's so important that the font be exactly the same as the genuine. They used different font, different spacing according to the variant of the dial, and there are 7 variants to the matte 1675 dial (that's not including the gloss gilt dials).

Hardly anybody will notice that the font isn't perfect, especially if you have the dial in an un-refinished Ruby case, or one of Phongs' comically aged cases - the dial would be the least of your problems..

I know every detail of every 1675 dial. I studied them all. I had a nice Ruby case with Yodog refinishing it but I could not find a MKI dial that was accurate. I did not want to buy a service dial because that would destroy the whole look. That’s why I plead for a better accuracy.

Comment

So it would be nice, if anybody could post a „real“ MQ Mark 1 dial for the 1675 GMT in order to check the obviously highest quality of refinished dials. The pictures of the MK1 dial on his website, have been taken from the chrono 24 site. Would appreciate
        Last edited by DrHuHill; 27-01-20, 21:46.

Comment

I know every detail of every 1675 dial. I studied them all. I had a nice Ruby case with Yodog refinishing it but I could not find a MKI dial that was accurate. I did not want to buy a service dial because that would destroy the whole look. That’s why I plead for a better accuracy.
          So comission one from a dial printer - supply the Vector image, that's all you have to do.

Or buy a genuine dial - should be able to get one for around $2.5k.
          Last edited by tripdog; 27-01-20, 21:54.

Comment

I don’t get it.. factories invest hundreds of thousands on an RM watch to sell to average joes that could never afford such ugly watch.. I think vintage watches are great because an average joe can technically pass it as a watch that was inherited- if that’s their thing. Why not make 1:1 reps of vintages watches that can be had for under 20k? Guess the demand is way more for $300k toylooking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

So comission one from a dial printer - supply the Vector image, that's all you have to do.

Or buy a genuine dial - should be able to get one for around $2.5k.
              Don’t know anyone with a dial printer. Do you ?
              Have you done that before?

2,5K is above my pain limit though.

Comment

Don’t know anyone with a dial printer. Do you ?
                Have you done that before?

2,5K is above my pain limit though.
                Go with Helena Rou supply them a vector image, know the dial diameter and you are done

Comment

Originally posted by DrHuHill View Post

Go with Helena Rou supply them a vector image, know the dial diameter and you are done
                  I heard of Helena Rou. But if it is that easy, why haven’t we seen this before ?

I would like to see someone who has done this. Curious!

Comment

I heard of Helena Rou. But if it is that easy, why haven’t we seen this before ?

You need a good vectorgraphic picture, so perhaps nobody has one or no illustrator professionals out there, who could create one

Comment

You can always go with a 5513 dial from Helena.. he owns one and his dials a based on it.. heard they are really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ebzen02 View Post

You can always go with a 5513 dial from Helena.. he owns one and his dials a based on it.. heard they are really good.

Well I found that some dials from Ruby are quite accurate. E.g. this DRSD

So it it’s possible. I just haven’t come across something similar with the 1675

Comment

Where are those SD dials available? They look really crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by rollie_collector View Post
                            I think this one was from Ruby’s site. Just search Ruby’s Vintage Watch

Comment

Well I found that some dials from Ruby are quite accurate. E.g. this DRSD

So it it’s possible. I just haven’t come across something similar with the 1675
                              Some of his dials are a not that horribly expensive. He quoted me $190 for a non gilt 5513 dial. The Gilt dials are the expensive ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rollie_collector View Post
                                I think this one was from Ruby’s site. Just search Ruby’s Vintage Watch

Comment

Working...
                                X