• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1675 albino pepsi

Redheart

17/5/19
That was my first build ever and I switched to a regular Pepsi insert this time.
Did some polishing on the sides, it's work in progress but I will get there eventually!
I plan to redo the hands and centre that dial. Also the PCG need some work still.
I like the Pepsi better I think, gonna save that fuchsia insert for black dial 1675 build ASAP!

Untitled by charlesmusico, on Flickr

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Those crown guards look great is that a standard bp mid case?

Redheart

17/5/19
Seeing how it took me with my crappy files, I just ordered some real Swiss needle files to redo that case and crown guards.
Osacom, did you redo the brushing? It looks damn clean! What grit did you used?

Redheart

17/5/19
I use 180 and I still think it's too light. Maybe 150 or 120 grit would be nice...

Anyway you sanding is awesome! Mine looks pretty crude in comparison.

Here are some progress on the PCG...
I want to push that cartel case to the maximum i possibly Can.

I just received some nice file and they do make the work way more precise!

Reactions: 369mafia

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Wow, excellent job! :clap:
Well done, now try not to soften them too much while polishing and you re done. Maybe the best CG's out of a cartel case I have sen so far.

Reactions: 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Agreed those CG look amazing well done!! the lugs are now need some thinning out...their just a bit too thick (tall)

I believe you can remove material from the top of the lugs to thin them. Since you are planning on re sanding the brushed areas anyway...this should be no problem for you after mastering those cgs!

Redheart

17/5/19
Thanks a lot! ;D
It's all because of the new vice and swiss diamond file Santa got me in advance! I will normally have new 1675 case soon with more meat to play with, and I will do my best to replicate the correct PCG design ^^

Yes I will thin them lugs, and I will try not to mush the CG while sanding. I would love some kind of hard sanding pads in order to preserve the corners.

Kilo, you are an inspiration! Thank you man!